The best bait caster rod in the market today is the Abu Garcia Veritas Casting Fishing Rod. This baitcasting rod features a 30-ton graphite developed through a spiral woven technique that allows your rod to be 5 to 15% stronger. The ROCS guide train offers maximized casting distance of your lure. Additionally, this rod has 2.5 times the resistance to impact than other graphite rods. It supports lightweight titanium alloy guides to balance the rod and ergonomic Abu Seat to deliver hypersensitivity and improve comfort. The Ugly Stik GX2 Casting Rod is your ideal option if you target topwater fishing. This baitcaster rod features a clear tip design, providing extra sensitivity and strength. Additionally, it’s made of graphite and fiberglass to ensure it’s more sensitive and lightweight while at the same time enhancing durability. The Ugly Stik GX2 Casting Rod also supports E.V.A. split grip to enhance all-day comfort. A 7-year warranty backs it, and you can use this rod with braided fishing lines.
If you like baitcaster, consider checking the latest and best baitcaster rods in 2023. These rods are designed to help you make the most of your casting experience. If you’re looking for a new rod to add to your collection, we’ve compiled a list of the best baitcaster rod worth checking out.
6 Best Baitcasting Rod
- Best Overall Baitcaster Rod – Abu Garcia Veritas Casting Fishing Rod
- Best for Topwater Fishing – Ugly Stik GX2 Casting Rod
- Best Bass Casting Rod – Dobyns Rods Fury Series Casting Rod
- Best Spinning Baitcasting Rods – Favorite White Bird Powered Rod
- Best Sports Casting Rods – Lew’s Custom Lite HM85 Casting Rod
- Best Hybrid Casting Rod – Berkley Cherrywood HD Casting Fishing Rods
1. Abu Garcia Veritas Casting Fishing Rod
- 30 ton graphite for a lightweight balanced design
- Sublayer armor with high strength fibers for exceptional…
- UP locking ratcheting reel seat for a comfortable and secure…
- Lightweight and well-balanced
- ROCS guide train offers maximized casting distance
- EVA grips are weather and wear-resistant
- Lightweight titanium alloy guides
Abu Garcia’s Veritas rods feature 30-ton graphite developed through a spiral woven technique. This technique delivers a 5% lighter and 15% stronger rod. The rod is suitable for different fishing techniques thanks to its ultra-lightweight and sensitivity.
This casting rod can make delicate, accurate casts for big fish, including those fighting around heavy grass. The ROCS guide train maximizes the distance of the cast with lighter lures.
Moreover, the brand explains that this rod has 2.5 times the resistance to impact compared to other graphite rods.
The titanium alloy guides feature Zirconium inserts for a lightweight yet balanced rod. The ergonomic Abu seat improves comfort and delivers hypersensitivity on the exposed blank.
2. Ugly Stik GX2 Casting Rod
Best for Topwater Fishing
- Ugly StikGX2 rods feature Ugly Tech construction with a…
- Ugly Tuff guides feature new one-piece stainless steel…
- Ugly Stik Clear Tip design for extra strength and added…
- Ultra-sensitive clear tip for detecting strikes
- The carbon fiber and graphite rod blank makes a parabolic arc under pressure
- EVA split grip for all-day comfort
- Ugly Tuff guides work with braided fishing line and more
The GX2 is an ideal bass fishing gear due to its Clear tip design that provides extra sensitivity and strength. In addition, the clear tip makes the rod suitable for topwater fishing as it is lightweight and allows you to get faster hook sets.
The graphite and fiberglass construction guarantees you durability. Unlike traditional models, this piece is more sensitive and lightweight.
You can opt for a one-piece design or a two-piece. Regardless of your preference, these rods are backed by a 7-year warranty. Pair it with your reel for a great bass combo!
3. Dobyns Rods Fury Series Casting Rod
Best Bass Casting Rod
- BUILT FOR: Senkos, Jigs, Flukes, Texas-rigs, and…
- EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY: Dobyns Rods are designed & created by…
- PINPOINT ACCURACY: Constructed by anglers, this perfectly…
- Sensitive high-modulus graphite rod blank delivers balanced performance and sensitivity
- Fuji reel seat with Kevlar wrapping makes a great foundation for reels
- All-day comfort with Hypalon butts and AA-grade cork grips
- Medium-heavy action for 10-17 lb. lines
Dobyns Rods are exceptional baitcasting rods for bass. This model is ultra-light, sensitive, strong, and balanced.
Most experienced anglers prefer it since it works with jigs, flukes, senkos, spinnerbaits, and rigs for topwater and flipping applications.
This medium-heavy rod features high-quality materials like the modulus graphite blank, Kevlar wrapping, reel seat, and Portugal cork grip.
The graphite blank provides maximum sensitivity, while the reel seats with Kevlar wrapping provide a great foundation for baitcasting reels.
4. Favorite White Bird Powered Spinning Rod
- Favorite Carbon Blanks provide a light weight rod with…
- SiC Guides provide a smooth cast and retrieval to ensure…
- Cork handles provide superior comfort as well as a classic…
- Torsional resistance with its IM24 ton blank material
- SIC guides facilitate accurate casts
- Split cork handle delivers comfort and control
- Multi-layer Structure technology increases durability
This spinning rod sports an IM24 ton blank with ultra-fast action on its solid tip. Its multi-layer structure (MLS) features varying carbon modulus and different fiber directions to reduce the rod’s weight and increase durability.
MLS technology also adds torsional load resistance and stiffness.
The baitcaster rod is built with high-quality components, including the SIC guides, which promote long, accurate casts.
This good spinning rod is also super sensitive and ideal for fishing crankbaits and bass. The premium cork handles facilitate control and comfort on those long fishing days.
5. Lew’s Custom Lite HM85 Casting Rod
Best Sports Casting Rods
- Its Power Core blank construction makes it lightweight without compromising strength
- Fast and smooth casting ability with the stainless steel guides
- SoftTouch reel seat enables you to feel the slight vibrations
- Extra durable polymer grips
Lew’s Custom Lite HM85 is among the most expensive rods because it is crafted with advanced fishing technology.
This baitcasting rod uses 85 million modulus graphite layered in multiple directions, which means it uses less material to produce a lightweight and durable rod. However, this construction does not affect its strength.
Its stainless steel guides coupled with titanium oxide inserts facilitate fast casting ability.
The handles feature extra-durable polymer Winn grips for a comfortable, sturdy grip even in wet conditions. The SoftTouch skeletal seats will not cause friction on your hands.
6. Berkley Cherrywood HD Casting Fishing Rods
Best Hybrid Casting Rod
- Hybrid design construction for un-matched sensitivity with…
- SS304 Guides – 20x tougher and 55% lighter than traditional…
- Cork handle design for added comfort and grip
- Hybrid design construction delivers extra sensitivity
- Tough but lightweight SS304 guides
- Cork handles offer added comfort
- Blank-through handle
The Berkley Cherrywood HD rod features a hybrid design construction to offer unmatched sensitivity when fishing bass, walleye, pike, or bluegill.
The blank-through design on the handle also maximizes the rod’s sensitivity.
This casting rod comes with SS304 guides that are 55% lighter and 20x tougher than aluminum oxide ones. In addition, these guides are factory-tested to guarantee dependability.
Meanwhile, the cork handles provide a strong, comfortable grip.
5 Things to Consider When Buying the Best Baitcasting Rod
Baitcasting rod power is the force needed to flex it. It can either be ultralight, light, medium, medium-heavy, or heavy. Since baitcaster rods work with heavy lines and lures, choose a medium to heavy rod.
Medium-light power rods use lure weights of 1/16 oz. to 3/16 oz. for finesse fishing. Medium power works with 1/8 oz. to 3/8 oz. lures, while medium-heavy work with up to ¾ oz.
Rod action refers to where the rod bends under load. Fast action casting rods bend near the tip, even though most of their length remains stiff. With slow-action rods, most of their lengths curve closer to the handle.
Extra fast action provides high control and sensitivity, making it suitable for techniques like jigging. Extra fast and fast action are preferable by most anglers since they provide better casting distance and sensitivity.
Moderate action delivers better casting ability when working with swimbaits, spooks, spinnerbaits, chatter baits, jerk baits, and square bills. They do not sacrifice rod sensitivity.
Baitcasting rods come in different materials. However, graphite, fiberglass, and carbon fiber stand out.
Graphite is durable as it is strong, sensitive, ultra-light, and stiff. A fiberglass rod is not as stiff or sensitive as graphite, but it is stronger. Carbon fiber is the most expensive material as it offers unparalleled performance. It is the strongest, lightest, and stiffest material.
When choosing a baitcasting rod length, consider its accuracy, casting, and comfort. Longer rods cast further distances than shorter rods, but they sacrifice accuracy. Many anglers prefer rod lengths of 6’6’’ or 7’’. These work with different baits while providing more leverage.
However, if you are fishing in large water bodies, a 7’ to 8’ rod will help you make long casts and offer more room when retrieving baits. If you often fish in topwater lures, try a 6’ or 7’ rod.
Guides help the rod and line distribute force and friction when reeling in a fish. They feature a metal frame with ceramic or aluminum oxide inserts. During purchase, go for rods with many guides, as this means less stress on the guides.
Abu Garcia’s Veritas stands out among the baitcasting rods reviewed. Even though it delivers more strength, it remains well-balanced and lightweight. Moreover, the ROCS guide train maximizes your castability with lightweight lures.
The Abu Garcia Veritas is just one of the best baitcasting rods. If it does not check your boxes, there are six more great options on this list. Choose a rod that fits your fishing style and lures.