There are many fishing shoes on the market, and trying to pick the right one can be overwhelming. If you’re serious about fishing, then you’ll want to invest in the best shoes for fishing out there.
Fishing shoes can keep you comfortable while you’re out in the water. They can keep your feet dry and help you move easier so you can focus on getting a catch.
You’ve probably already spent a lot on your fishing gear. But it would be best if you didn’t forget what’s important, finding the right fishing shoes. Here are the six best fishing shoes this 2022.
Our Top Picks
6 Best Fishing Shoes
1. Columbia Men’s Drainmaker IV Boat Shoe
Best Overall Fishing Shoe
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Columbia Men's Wayfinder 2 Strap Sandal...
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: The adjustable straps across the instep...
- MATERIAL: A synthetic upper and a non-marking wet traction...
- High-traction, lightweight design
- Made of synthetic materials with a bouncy rubber sole
- Manufactured with water grip outsole
- Designed with Fluidflow technology
Columbia’s signature technology is what makes them stand out from the rest. High-quality protection is guaranteed so that you can wear these men’s sandals with peace of mind.
The advanced traction outsole provides grip in any environment to prevent slipping.
2. Grundens Men’s SeaKnit Boat Shoe
Best Fishing Sneakers
- ALL DAY COMFORT – Adjustable lace up design is ideal for...
- THE SEAKNIT COLLECTION - The SeaKnit Lace Up is Grundens'...
- ENGINEERED FOR PERFORMANCE - Made with a 100% nylon seamless...
- All nylon-upper and shock-absorbing EVA midsole
- Rubber outsole pods feature a razor-cut siping
- PU overlay provides light water resistance
Grunden’s SeaKnit Boat Shoes are designed to keep you comfortable while you work or play. This footwear is Grunden’s take on the classic sneaker, and they’re built for fishing performance and comfort.
3. Xtratuf Full Rubber Ankle Deck Boots
Best Ankle Deck Waterproof Boots
- XTRATUF Recommends Half Sizes Order Up
- Built with 100% Waterproof Construction for Extra Tough...
- Breathable Mesh Liner Allows for Long Days on the Water
- Manufactured with waterproof materials
- Features an XpressCool mesh liner
- Made with slip-resistant Chevron outsole
- It has front and rear pull-on tabs for durability
These Xtratuf Full Rubber Ankle Deck Boots are designed for the wet and slippery conditions of offshore angling.
You’ll be able to keep your footing with the unmatched traction of Xtratuf’s signature Chevron outsole, which provides unparalleled grip on slick surfaces.
If you’re into boots, here are some of the best fishing boots that we recommend.
4. Muck Boots Men’s Outscape Low Shoes
Best Boot-Shoes for Fishing
- Made with a lightweight cushioning foam midsole
- Waterproof materials that will keep your feet from getting wet
- It has self-cleaning outsole logs for a high traction
- Features a Garden rubber toe/heel for extended wear
- Manufactured with bioDEWIX antimicrobial footbed cover with NZYM
Muck Boots Men’s Outlight Low Shoes are designed for versatility without sacrificing performance on the water.
Whether you’re hiking down the worn-down trail to your favorite fishing spot or hanging out on the boat deck, these shoes will be perfect.
5. Pelagic Pursuit Deckboots
Best Heavy-duty Fishing Deckboots
- Made of rubber to have a dry experience in fishing
- Created with a Neoprene slide comfort gusset
- It also has a stamp pad inside for a boot easy removal
- A non-slip boat sole with Aquaflow Water Transport System
- It has a strap pull with a reflective safety stripe
Pelagic Pursuit Boots are designed to make you comfortable and dry on those long days on the water. These boots will prepare you for anything with Neotech Cooling Liner technology and 100% waterproof rubber construction.
6. Shimano Evair Marine Fishing Boot
Best Ultra-weight Marine Fishing Boot
- Evair material with Shimano's best selling Evair Shoe...
- Evair material with Shimano's best selling Evair Shoe...
- Non-marking, high traction sole
- Made of one-piece lightweight EVA
- Created with ultra-weight waterproof materials
- Manufactured with ergonomic arch and air-channel system molded insole design
- Non-skid, non-marking outsole with water-canal design
Shimano Evair Fishing Boots offer you the benefits of lightweight, comfortable footwear for your fishing expeditions.
They’re made with one-piece molded lightweight EVA with an ergonomic arch and non-marking, high traction soles that will protect you from the elements.
Benefits of Fishing Shoes
In fishing, using a pair of flip-flops is not suggested. It’s not just a regular outdoor hobby as you will be on wet surfaces and fishing boats for a long time. Thus, regular shoes or flip-flops cannot handle it, as they can get slippery and cause accidents.
If you want to start fishing, you should know that investing in the proper footwear is essential. Here are the benefits of wearing the best shoes for fishing.
When fishing, especially in a vast location, boat decks might get wet. It can get slippery too. Wearing suitable shoes will prevent you from slipping. Most of the best fishing shoes are designed for long periods in the water.
It should also have a high traction rubber sole for wet and dry surfaces. If the sole of the footwear you’re wearing does not have enough grip, it can be dangerous for you on slippery decks.
Besides having a solid grip on wet surfaces, it will also protect you from sharp objects like hooks and lures left in the water by other anglers.
By investing in fishing footwear, it will guarantee your protection from slippery surfaces preventing accidents from happening.
When buying new shoes, you’ll want one with excellent traction that’s water-resistant and fits your feet. Reading reviews about what size is best for your body will also ensure that you get the best shoe size for your foot.
You don’t want to walk around in a shoe that doesn’t fit and is uncomfortable, so choose a just right shoe.
By fishing all day, you will be exposing your feet to the water for a long time. So wearing the right shoes for fishing is a must.
Shoes with rubber soles and cushioned soles with arch support are ideal for relieving pressure on your spine while you’re out fishing.
Choose the one that supports your feet. It can help you maintain proper posture as well. Additionally, having a non-slip sole will guarantee the firm grip of your shoe.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of fishing shoes should I get?
So, what type of fishing shoe is perfect for you? Fishing footwear has various types and styles, but picking the right shoes depends on the scenario and weather conditions.
These are the different types of footwear for fishing:
- Boat shoes
- Wade shoes
- Fishing sandals
- Slip-on water shoes
- Fishing boots
If you’re going to fish in hot weather conditions, you should go for a light fishing shoe. It might be a trainer-like boat shoe, a slip-on, or fishing sandals.
Comfort, grip, and breathability are the factors you should consider when getting footwear in this warm weather.
And for fishing in cold weather conditions, solid, thick waterproof footwear is the best choice for you.
All Hands On Deck
Choosing the shoes that you’re going to wear on your fishing journey is important. You should always consider different factors and conditions in selecting the perfect pair.
Shoes with drainage and made from quick-drying material will prevent your feet from wrinkling if you get wet feet.
Don’t risk your safety on a wet and slippery boat. Choose the right fishing shoes for you and your feet, and you’ll be thankful.
Once you’ve bought the right footwear, then you’re ready to go on a fishing trip!
The Anglers Behind This Article: