If you’re an avid fan of water activities, your adventure wouldn’t be complete without trying snorkeling. You don’t have to be an expert to engage yourself in this water activity.
With the use of the right gear, such as a full-face snorkeling mask, you’ll surely enjoy seeing the view of fishes and colorful reefs.
Nowadays, the use of full-face snorkeling masks is becoming a trend. Compared to the traditional snorkel where you only breathe with your mouth, the full face snorkel facemask lets you breathe through your mouth and nose. Plus, it keeps your entire face dry.
There are different styles of full-face masks on the market, and it may seem like they do have the same features, but each brand differs when it comes to functionality, durability, and value for money.
Here’s a review of the top snorkel brands to know the best full face snorkel mask that suits you.
6 Best Full Face Snorkel Masks
- Best in Panoramic View–Greatever G2 Full Face Snorkel Mask
- Best in Design-Tysonir Foldable Full face Snorkeling
- Best Breathing System-WildHorn Outfitters Seaview Full Face Snorkel Mask
- Most Environment-Friendly-OUSPT Full Face Snorkel Mask
- Best for Beginners-WSTOO Snorkel Mask
- Best for Surface Snorkeling-Head Sea Vu Dry Full Face Mask
1. Greatever G2 Full Face Snorkel Mask
Best in Panoramic View
- [PANORAMIC VIEW AND SUPPORT CAMERA MOUNT]Our snorkel mask…
- [G2 DRY TOP SYSTEM] G2 snorkel mask is designed by a famous…
- [BREATHING FREELY AND MAXIMUM AIR INTAKE] After two years of…
- Three sizes to choose from
- Action camera mount
- Dry snorkel mechanism
The G2 full face mask features a flat transparent lens that allows snorkelers to have a 180-degree panoramic view. It’s equipped with anti-fogging technology that prevents hot air from condensing into the mirror surface to avoid view distortion. In addition, it features a pipe and a two-channel exhaust valve that improves breathing underwater.
For comfortable use, it has an adjustable button and straps to fit all face shapes. It may look bulky, but it’s foldable and can fit into a small waterproof bag for easy carrying and storing.
2. Tysonir Foldable Full face Snorkeling
Best in Design
- 180° Full Face Snorkeling Mask: The full face snorkeling…
- Newly Designed Safe Breathing System: Three completely…
- Efficient Anti-Fog And Anti-Leakage: The newly designed…
- Uses medical grade silicone to avoid leaks
- Underwater camera mount
- Detachable breathing tube
This is a beginner-friendly full-face snorkel mask equipped with features for convenient use. This includes the safety breathing system.
It has different air channels for air inlet and outlet to avoid dizziness due to suffocation while snorkeling. Its unique patent snorkeling mask air intake system ensures natural breathing through the nose and mouth.
It has a full-face design with an anti-fog coating for a clear ocean view. The Tysonir snorkeling mask is suitable for kids, and adults use. You can choose from its two available size ranges (S-M, L-XL).
3. WildHorn Outfitters Seaview Full Face Snorkel Mask
Best Breathing System
- FLOWTECH ADVANCED AIR INTAKE SYSTEM- Breathe naturally and…
- DESIGNED AND TESTED IN THE USA – The Seaview 180° V2…
- IMPORTANT SIZING TIPS- Full face snorkel mask adult sizing…
- Fog-resistant lens technology
- Adjustable head straps
- Available in 3 sizes (S, M, L)
The Wildhorn Outfitters Snorkel Mask is known to deliver the best breathing system through its Flowtech advanced air intake system. The Flowtech features four exhaust valves and two chambers to ensure that there’s a supply of fresh air circulating through the mask.
The Outfitters Seaview makes it possible to breathe at least 50% easier compared to other full-face masks. You can even communicate while you’re submerged in the water with your mask is on. It also uses waves guards, so only air and no water enters the snorkel. This face snorkel mask can be used in the waters with a depth of 3 feet.
4. OUSPT Full Face Snorkel Mask
- ★【UPGRADED VERSION OF OUSPT SCUBA MASK】Our newest…
- ★【 SAFETY BREATHING SYSTEM 】OUSPT snorkeling gear for…
- ★【AMAZING ANTI-FOG TECHNOLOGY】We improved the breath…
- It has a natural curve mask that mimics the shape of the face
- Made from non-toxic materials
- The camera mount is detachable
This snorkeling mask features an innovative breathing mechanism. It’s equipped with a fish gill air circulation system so the exhaled air won’t mix up with fresh air to avoid condensation. Aside from its 180° viewing window, its foldable snorkel can be rotated in any direction, so you can situate it in a comfortable position.
The interiors of the OUSPT are surrounded by a safe liquid silicone that’s not only for waterproofing but ensures that the mask touches the facial skin comfortably. You can easily get out of the mask by pushing one button, which is a good feature during an emergency.
5. WSTOO Snorkel Mask
Best for Beginners
- [NEWEST BREATHING SYSTEN] WSTOO’s full face snorkel mask has…
- [AMAZING ANTI-FOG&ANTI-LEAK TECHNOLOGY] The double exhaust…
- [180 PANORAMIC VIEW] Our snorkel mask adopts transparent…
- Flat design lens
- GoPro and other action cameras compatible
- Foldable snorkel for portability
One of the issues encountered by beginner snorkelers when using a face snorkel mask is having difficulty getting used to it. Good thing this WSTOO Snorkel Mask is equipped with convenient features that favor newbies!
This includes the floating ball incorporated into the breathing tube so water can’t get inside the snorkel easily while submerged in the waters.
Its flat lens also has an anti-fogging functionality to prevent vision distortion. There are over 22 color choices and two sizes (S, L) to choose from, making it suitable for both men and women. This full-face snorkel has anti-allergy silicone suitable for sensitive skin because the silicone on the sides of the mask doesn’t rub the face.
6. Head Sea Vu Dry Full Face Mask
Best for Surface Snorkeling
- Shatterproof polycarbonate lens
- Straps are made from an elastic material
- Five color choices
The Head Sea VU snorkel face mask is designed to deliver comfort without sacrificing its style. It has a large inward-folded silicone seal that securely fits the face to ensure that there will be no water leakage. If there’s a big wave, the water is still prevented from entering through its dry top system.
It has excellent visibility due to its extra-wide flat lens. In addition, the snorkel is situated at an optimum angle so that there will be no breathing barrier. The snorkel is removable for easy packing and storing, and it also comes with a handy storage pouch.
Advantages of Full-Face Masks
One of the advantages of using a full-face snorkel mask is inhaling and exhaling normally through your mouth and nose while submerged in the water.
Full face masks offer a wide lens that usually delivers a 180-degree view so you can see the underwater world more clearly without gear obstruction.
No Jaw Fatigue
When you use the traditional snorkel mouthpiece, there’s a higher chance that you’ll suffer jaw fatigue because you have to bite down the mouthpiece for a long time, but through a full-face snorkel mask, you don’t have to worry about suffering from a sore jaw.
Most full-face masks are equipped with anti-fog properties, so humidity won’t build up in the mask lens. They also have an inbuilt ventilation system that keeps airflow constant.
Disadvantages of Full-Face Masks
Full-face snorkeling masks are generally heavier and larger compared to traditional masks.
Not Suitable for Spearfishing and Freediving
Spearfishing and freediving require you to go deeper near the ocean reef. Since full-face snorkeling masks aren’t engineered to leave the surface of the water, submerging it fully into the water will just cause CO2 buildup that’s dangerous for your health.
Frequently Asked Questions
The full-face snorkel mask is safe for recreational snorkeling because its features are designed for this water activity alone.
However, suppose it’s used in other water activities like freediving and spearfishing. In that case, users may experience dizziness and unconsciousness due to carbon dioxide buildup because of air deprivation.
To ensure that you’re investing in the right kind of full-face snorkel mask, there are factors to consider. Invest in a face snorkeling mask that has a 180-degree panoramic view to have a crystal vision.
Choose a quality mask with anti-fog lens. Make sure it’s the right size for your face and that it’s made from durable material.
Finding the right kind of full-face snorkel mask ensures that you won’t struggle to breathe to have an uninterrupted snorkeling experience. So, before purchasing, research for you to get the best one that suits your skills.