Hip waders are fishing gear that gives you comfort, flexibility, and protection, allowing you to have the best fishing experience.
Hip waders are excellent alternatives to chest waders, particularly when you are fishing in waters that are only knee-deep.
With a pair of hip waders, you can fish conveniently without getting soggy or wet. Hip waders can also be used for other activities such as gardening, shoveling snow, and even hunting.
We have put together a list of the seven best hip waders for fishing in 2022. Make sure to add these to your list when you’re thinking of what to wear fly fishing.
Our Top Picks
7 Best Hip Waders for Fishing
- Best Overall – TIDEWE Hip Waders
- Best PVC Boots – Frogg Toggs Rana II PVC Bootfoot Waders
- Most Durable – Duck and Fish Brown Fishing Hip Waders
- Most Sturdy and Lightweight – Allen Black River Bootfoot Hip Waders
- Best for Slippery Terrains – Hodgman Mackenzie Hip Waders
- Most Comfortable – Kylebooker Breathable Stockingfoot Hip Waders
- Most Adjustable – Toggs Bull Frogg 3-Ply Bootfoot Hip Waders
- 【ATTENTION】If you have Bigger Thigh Circumference,…
- 【Lightweight and Durable】High quality 2-ply nylon and…
- 【100% Waterproof】Nylon-reinforced PVC uppers with…
- Made of PVC and nylon which makes it 100% waterproof.
- Lightweight and durable.
- Adjustable belt leashes that allows you to attach the hip waders conveniently.
The TIDEWE Hip Waders are comfortable hip waders that come in two colors of green and brown. The hip waders are made of high-quality 2-ply nylon and PVC uppers, which makes them 30% lighter than regular rubber waders.
The reduction in weight does not affect the strength of this product. The TIDEWE Hip Waders are designed with great features to ensure the safety and comfort of users.
They have cleated soles that give you traction on a slippery surface, as well as protruded curves that allow you to take off the hip boots with ease.
The waders are 100% waterproof keeping your feet warm throughout the duration of your fishing. The waders also come with a phone case that is waterproof, as well as free boot hangers.
Aside from fishing, it can be used for other activities such as farming and hunting.
Best PVC Boots
- Non-insulated molded PVC boots with cleated or felt outsole
- Nylon-reinforced PVC upper with waterproof welded boot…
- Adjustable poly-webbing belt leashes with quick-release…
- It comes with adjustable poly-webbing belt leashes along with quick release buckles.
- Waterproof taped seams.
- Made of PVC and nylon.
The Frogg Toggs Rana II PVC Bootfoot Waders is a top choice for anglers looking for PVC boots for fly fishing. The Frogg Rana II Hip Wader has a nylon-reinforced upper.
The boots also feature waterproof taped seams and a waterproof welded boot attachment that keeps your feet dry while fishing.
For ease of usage, it comes with adjustable poly-webbing belt leashes. The elastic stride flex and quick release buckles allow you to adjust the waders to a comfortable fit.
With cleated soles, you can be sure of traction while moving on different terrains.
- 420 Denier PVC construction durable than others with heat…
- 30% lighter weight and 25% more durable than rubber waders
- More flexibility and less chafing than rubber wader…
- Made of denier PVC ensuring its durability.
- Lightweight and flexible.
- Less prone to chafing than rubber waders.
The Duck and Fish Brown Fishing Hip Waders is a durable pair of hip waders that are great for fishing.
These waders come with cleated outsoles that give you traction and grip when moving on wet rocks, sand, and mud.
Made of durable denier PVC and completed with heat-welded seams, these hip waders are 100% waterproof and will keep your feet warm in colder weather.
With a generous cut, you will have no trouble slipping the hip waders on or off. They also come with free insoles, giving you all the comfort that you need while fishing.
Most Sturdy and Lightweight
- Two ply upper construction is lightweight with a waterproof…
- Belt loop and takeup strap
- Sturdy, durable boot
- It is designed with a cleated sole.
- Comes with belt loop and take up strap.
- Made from rugged nylon with two-ply upper fabric.
The Allen Black River Bootfoot Hip Waders are sturdy hip waders that come with a waterproof membrane and belt loop. Made from rugged nylon with two-ply upper fabric, the waders are designed to be lightweight yet sturdy.
The lightweight design makes the waders very comfortable and flexible for users. The boot foot waders come with cleated outsoles that give you traction when moving on slippery surfaces like mud, sand, and wet rocks.
The take-up strap is useful for tightening the waders around your thighs, whenever you need to.
The belt loop on the other hand is adjustable, for keeping the waders secure. The cut of these hip waders allows for easy wearing and removal.
It also allows you to pair them with thick socks.
Best for Slippery Terrains
- The most trusted name is waders and outdoor gear
- Made using high quality duarble materials
- Tested for quality and reliability
- It comes with an internal pocket.
- Made of durable PVC and nylon material.
- Lighter than rubber wader by 30%.
The Hodgman Mackenzie Hips Waders is a reliable choice for anglers that intend to use it for fly fishing. The hip waders is a combination of durable nylon uppers and PVC boots, which make the waders completely waterproof.
The textured outsoles of the wading boots are also suited for slippery terrains, as it is designed to give you traction on wet rocks, mud as well as sand.
With a big cut, you can comfortably combine these boots with thick socks in order to keep your feet warm. The internal pocket of the waders can come in handy for keeping personal items like your phones or keys.
- Waterproof and Breathable:The fishing hip waders make of…
- 4mm Neoprene socks:Neoprene socks are light weight and make…
- Gravel guards:It comes with integrated gravel guards, welded…
- Breathable waders made with lightweight material.
- Comes with built-in gravel guards.
- Neoprene waders that come with 4mm socks.
The Kylebooker Breathable Stockingfoot Hip Waders is designed to provide anglers with maximum comfort. These waders are breathable and lightweight, allowing you to fish for long hours without discomfort.
The hip waders also come with 4mm neoprene socks that keep your feet dry and warm all through your fishing hours. This makes them suitable for all kinds of weather conditions.
The gravel guards ensure that sand does not get into your waders while in the water. The belt hook ensures that you can wear your hip waders firmly and securely.
- Tough, durable 3-ply canvas and vulcanized rubber…
- All seams taped and vulcanized for strength
- Adjustable belt leashes with quick-release buckles
- It comes with cleated outsoles.
- It is designed with an adjustable hip drawcord and adjustable belt leashes.
- It is designed with foam cushioning.
The Toggs Bull Frogg 3-Ply Bootfoot Hip Waders are hip waders with great features to ensure your comfort when wet wading in high waters.
The wading boots are designed with wool felt mid, a heel kicker, hard toe cap, steel shank as well as foam cushioning, in order to ensure your comfort and safety while fishing.
It also comes with adjustable belt leashes with quick-release buckles, and an adjustable hip drawcord, to help you wear the waders securely.
The cleated outsoles give you traction while moving on slippery surfaces.
Things to Consider When Buying Hip Waders
Choosing hip waders goes beyond picking the first pair that you come across. You must ensure that you consider all the necessary criteria before making a choice.
Below are things to consider when buying hip waders.
Getting your hip waders in the right size is very important, as this ensures the comfort and functionality that you get from them.
Your inseam, regular shoe size, and the largest girth around your thighs are important measurements to check when choosing hip waders.
Hip waders come in different materials which serve different purposes. As such, you should be sure of the conditions in which you are going to use the waders.
Materials that hip waders are made from include, PVC, rubber, neoprene nylon, and canvas. If you intend to use the hip waders in warm conditions, PVC, canvas, and nylon are great options.
For cold water wading, neoprene is your best bet.
Hip waders come in two major forms which are bootfoot and stockingfoot. Stockingfoot refers to hip waders that come with sock-like booties.
These hip waders are usually portable and can be used with wading boots. Bootfoot on the other hand comes with a pair of wading boots.
They save you the extra cost of buying a separate pair of wading boots.
The sole of your hip waders is essential for your safety. This is because you are going to be stepping on slippery surfaces while wading in the water.
As such, it is important to ensure that your sole has good traction. Cleated soles are great options. Also, ensure that the insoles are soft and comfortable.
Every angler should have hip waders as an integral part of their gear. Hip waders can substitute for chest waders, and are an upgrade on wading boots in certain situations.
With hip waders, you can be sure to keep your legs warm and dry while fishing. They also ensure your safety by providing protection from slipping.
Getting the perfect hip waders will give you an enjoyable fishing experience.
Using all the tips that we have discussed above, you can be sure to get the right hip wader for you. All in all, always ensure to combine your hip waders with essential fishing gear in order to guarantee your safety.