Looking for the best ice fishing jig head to use for ice fishing? We’re here to help!
Choosing the best ice fishing lures can be hard, especially if you are a beginner or don’t have any experience with this type of activity.
In this article, we’ve rounded up the best ice fishing jigs to help you find the right one for you!
Our Top Picks
Best Ice Fishing Jigs & Lures
- The Hard Water Icon – Rapala Jigging Rap 07 Fishing Lure
- The Precision-Designed Ice Fishing Lure – Acme Kastmaster Lure with Flash Tape
- The Superb Ice Fishing Jig – Bay de Noc Swedish Pimple
- The Classic Versatile Lure – Luhr Jensen Crippled Herring Lures
- An All-Around, Realistic Looking Lure – Thundermist Stingnose Jigging Spoons
1. Rapala Jigging Rap 07 Fishing Lure
The Hard Water Icon
- Minnow Profile
- Balanced Design
- Environmental Zinc Weighted
- Can reach fish that some ice jigging lure can’t
- Has horizontal line-ties with a solid construction that sinks fast
- With single reverse hooks
- Available in 5 lengths
These are known for their sensitivity and ability to detect the slightest of vibrations. The Rapala Jigging Shad Rap is designed to produce a fast action, ideal for targeting big game fish in the surf.
It mimics the shad’s natural movements and has a large round body with two small fins on.
The lure is designed to be fished quickly to mimic the darting of a shad. This is what makes them so successful when it comes to catching fish.
Vertical jigging can bring fantastic results. It holds fish at certain depths allowing you to reach them consistently, taunting them into a strike.
2. Acme Kastmaster Lure with Flash Tape
The Precision-Designed Ice Fishing Lure
- Balanced spoon with Wild action
- Plain Treble hook
- Won’t Bend, break or corrode
- Machined from solid brass
- Corrosion-resistant components make it saltwater and freshwater friendly
- Each lure comes with split rings and two treble hooks
- Has an aerodynamic design that allows for long casts
The Kastmaster is a surface lure designed for an ice angler to catch more fish in less time. It is constructed from solid brass, enabling the best ice fishing lures with a heavier line.
It’s ideal for catching lake trout, jumbo perch, zander, and northern pike. Hard lure bodies have a tough hook and heavy-duty treble hooks for added strength.
The flash tape is a translucent strip that wraps around the lure body to appear more natural. Acme lures are cast to a depth of 10 to 13 feet and retrieved.
This makes them perfect for the casual angler and those looking to catch smaller fish and large fish from shore.
3. Bay de Noc Swedish Pimple
The Superb Ice Fishing Jig
- Performs well with light action rods
- Made of solid brass with metallic finishes
- Features a live bait design with 3D holographic eyes for an extra-realistic look
- Employed with colored flappers to enhance visual stimulation
- Trigger strong feeding responses
A Bay de Noc Lure has low, broad profiles allowing them to be deployed in the water of any depth. They can drill deeper in relatively shallow water to stay on the bottom in deep water. Soft, plastic lures with a tapered body are best used for walleye and pike.
In addition, they are durable and weighted to sink quickly, helping them work well in both shallow and deep water. This jigging lure attracts many marine species and has single-baiter hooks of different sizes.
4. Luhr Jensen Crippled Herring Lures
The Classic Versatile Lure
- Its crinkle finish gives it a real live bait look
- Equipped with heavy-duty siwash hooks and spare treble hook
- Can be jigged, cast, or trolled as needed
- The slender spoon is made of lead instead of polished metal
Luhr Jensen Crippled Herring lures have a quiver spoon with a single treble hook designed to mimic a crippled herring on the surface. The dynamic lures provide a subtle flash and are very effective in saltwater environments.
The long, slender profile and unique swimming action are what make it so effective. They’re perfect for targeting large salmon, tuna, and lake trout and can also be used to catch other nearby fish.
5. Thundermist Stingnose Jigging Spoons
An All-Around, Realistic Looking Lure
- With the best hook location to attack fish head first
- Chrome-plated lead for natural flash
- With realistic eyes
- Heat-treated, high-carbon steel wire with an epoxy-encapsulated finish for lasting durability
Thundermist Stingnose Jigging Spoons are a popular baitcasting lure. They have a flat, concave head designed to create various vibrations and noises.
The flutter spoon is designed to cast or troll the lure through the water to imitate an injured baitfish or other small aquatic animals.
Their enticing fall simulates an injured baitfish, causing it to attract more fish. Spoon long shank protects the treble hooks from being snagged by rocks, brush, or weeds.
Ready for Some Ice Fishing?
Now that you’ve read about the best fishing lures, here is some additional information.
- Deadstick fishing lures are a great way to get your soft baits moving again. These lures are a simple technique that will help get your bait back up to the surface and in the water column, which can sometimes be enough to make it look like a northland forage minnow.
- The fish sense in the fishing lure is the distinctive odor that attracts the fish.
- A fishing tackle box contains all the tools you would need to go fishing. They are made specifically for storing all your ice fishing gear, so it doesn’t get lost, tangled, or broken.
- A custom jig is a fishing lure that has been painted with the customer’s desired color and patterns and used for catching fish during tournaments or as a show of skill.
- The clam leech flutter spoon is a small bait often used as a trailer hook and as a topwater bait, and as such, is typically fished with a light line and small jighead.
That’s it. We hope this guide can help you find the ice fishing jigs and lure you need.