Need a dive watch but on a budget? Lucky you, we’ve created a list of the best inexpensive dive watches in 2022!
A divers watch doesn’t have to be expensive, as long as it has these excellent characteristics – high water resistance, accuracy, durability, and ease of use.
This article guides you to find the most affordable diving watches on the market. Get the best quality watch that fits your needs and budget – right here!
Scuba tip! Not sure what gear to buy? Check out our complete list of the best scuba diving gear!
Our Top Picks
7 Best Inexpensive Dive Watches
1. Citizen Promaster Diver Black Dive Watch
Best Quartz Divers Watch
- LIGHT-POWERED ECO-DRIVE: Converts any light, whether natural...
- WATER RESISTANT TO 200 M: This Citizen tactical watch is...
- ANTI-REFLECTIVE MINERAL CRYSTAL: With a mineral crystal dial...
- The Light-Powered Eco-Drive feature – converts any light to energy for power reserve.
- It does not need any batteries; it’s charged forever
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal dial for a clear and crisp display
- It comes with a unidirectional rotating bezel, stainless steel band
- With an adjustable buckle closure
- With luminous hands and a convenient date display
- One of the best budget diver watches for recreational scuba diving
The Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster has a unique power cell that converts all types of light to energy to keep it working forever. It can work to 200 meters, and you can wear it while fishing, snorkeling, diving, or swimming.
The Eco-Drive Promaster comes with a generous 5-year warranty that gives you more value for your money. Works like top-notch blue dial ones.
2. Freestyle Shark Classic Clip Unisex Watch
Best Affordable Dive Watch
- Brightly colored sport watch featuring screw-down bezel and...
- Additional functions include: 24 city world time function,...
- 33 mm shock-resistant plastic case with mineral dial window
Key Watch Features
- With a sizeable numerical display to let you see better underwater
- Can stand up to 300 feet
- With durable and adjustable Shark Clip dive watch straps
- Colorful and fun to wear
The Freestyle Shark Classic Clip Jelly is a digital watch that can work up to 300 feet. You can take this diving, snorkeling, and swimming, and it’s easy to wear. It comes with a seatbelt-like clip, so it’s easy to wear and remove when necessary.
It’s snug and very comfortable to wear even if you spend a long time in the water. What’s great about this classic digital watch is a lifetime limited manufacturer’s warranty covers it.
3. Tissot Seastar 1000 Powermatic
Best Men’s Casual Watch
- Case Size: 43.00 millimeters, Bandwidth: 21 millimeters,...
- Swiss automatic movement, 316L stainless steel case, Index...
- Rubber bracelet, standard buckle closure
- Stunning stainless steel case, mineral crystal display
- Durable bracelet with traditional buckle closure
- One of the best divers watches 300 meters (1000 feet) water resistance
- With automatic movements
The Tissot Seastar is a stainless steel men’s watch that runs on Swiss automatic movement. It’s a great watch made of 316L stainless steel and a strong rubber bracelet, with water resistance up to 300 meters with 30 bar pressure.
You can wear this when you swim or snorkel; with its large hands and hour markers, you’ll be able to see it even underwater easily. This is for watch enthusiasts and is comparable to a Seiko dive watch and Invicta watches.
4. Casio G-Shock Frogman
Best Cheap Dive Watch
- It can work up to 200 meters
- It comes with shock-resistant and magnetic-resistant features
- Removable, changeable bands
- Digital date and day display
- With a very durable, adjustable rubber bracelet
The Casio G-Shock is among the best divers’ watches as it’s made from identical materials. With water resistance features, shock-resistant, and solar-powered, it will work as long as you use it.
This versatile watch has a large digital display with alarm, light, and different modes, even like other automatic watches.
5. RONSTAN ClearStart™ 50mm Sailing Watch
Best Budget Dive Watch and Cheapest Dive Watches
- This is waterproof up to 50 meters
- It can be used as an alarm, stopwatch, lap timer, and more
- This is made from very durable silicone with a plastic case
- Large digital display
- You can select from different colors
Take the Ronstan ClearStart during fishing and sailing trips. It is waterproof up to 50 meters and comes with an alarm, stopwatch, and lap timer features.
The ClearStart has a large, easy-to-see digital display and is available in black, blue, and red. Thanks to its durable silicon band material among budget dive watches, it fits comfortably on your wrist.
6. GARMIN Instinct Rugged Watch
Best Dive Watch
- Made according to the military-grade 810G standard
- Barometric altimeter and satellite navigation features
- With health monitoring features
- Uses Garmin Connect for notifications, data uploads, and more
- Can help you track your route using the TracBack feature
The Garmin Instinct is a smartwatch with GPS, tracking, and navigation features. It can also help you monitor your health as you train, exercise, or perform any activity.
It is water-resistant up to 100 meters with shock and thermal resistant features as well. It is excellent fishing, hunting, and exercise watch with its navigation functions. You can check on route info, map out your trail and plan your fishing trip with ease, thanks to its great features.
7. Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Sailhawk Quartz Watch
Best Classic Dive Watch
- The timepiece isn’t just stylish, however — it is packed...
- Yacht Racing Timer, World Time in 30 Cities, 1/100 Second...
- Silver-Tone Stainless Steel
- Steel 44mm casing and comes with a watch stand
- Uses Eco-Drive, which converts all light sources to energy so you’ll have more than an hour of power reserve
- Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal window and the best dive computer
- Time-keeping features for 30 cities around the world
- With a screw-down crown and date window
- With unidirectional bezel
- With split time, countdown timer, and alarm features
- This is water-resistant up to 200 meters or 660 feet
- You can change the bracelet to a stainless steel bracelet
The Citizen Eco-Drive is for professional water activities like swimming, snorkeling, and fishing. It is stylish and functional so you can use it as a casual wristwatch. Seiko dive watches are also versatile watches with many features.
The sapphire and mineral glass on it never run out of power forever, thanks to its efficient Eco-Drive feature. It is comparable to the Rolex Submariner and Seiko best dive watches.
Things to Consider When Buying Dive Watches
Mechanical vs. Digital vs. Quartz
Many types of affordable diving watches are mechanical watches. There are also digital watches and Japanese quartz movement watches.
If you prefer a classic-style watch, a mechanical or a quartz-style watch is for you. But a digital watch is the best choice if you want a large display and easy-to-read watch info.
Placement & Strapping on the Wrist
Other divers’ watch models come with a rubber strap, while some come with nylon bands. The type of strap depends on your preference or which one is more comfortable for you.
Get a push-button deployment clasp or anything that fits you best.
Waterproof vs. Water-Resistant
A waterproof watch is best for deep diving and rough water activities. In contrast, other dive watches with water-resistant features can only go a limited depth.
Water-resistant watches cannot be used for diving. The most expensive dive watches are waterproof watches.
Frequently Asked Questions
Suppose you’re an angler who fishes in deep waters or indulges in underwater fishing. Soor recreational divers, you need a watch to keep you informed of the water’s depth and keep track of time and other helpful information.
But you may still choose your luxury watches options from the watch industry. A deep blue nato diver option or dive computers of your choice are among the best ones, too.
Helium molecules settle and build up inside a diving watch, which can damage it. This is why some expensive divers’ watches come with a helium escape valve.
This valve protects the watch by releasing helium molecules during decompression. Meaning the material and how much your watch weighs matters.
You don’t need to pay so much to find the best inexpensive dive watch. Make sure to choose a watch with quality features, reliable workmanship, and durable materials. Even the best affordable dive watches are a good fit if that’s your choice.
Remember, all the watches above will give you years of good use. A quality watch is precisely what you need for a serious angler who loves deep water fishing. It will be the best part of your fishing gear for years to come!