Quality inflatable fishing kayaks are extremely important for anglers. But considering the cost of manufacturing materials, finding one can be a challenge.
You’ll have to learn more about built in rod holders, multiple footrest positions, adjustable rod holders, multi position rod holders, two flush mount rod – and many more!
To help you obtain quality products without spending much, we’re sharing a list of the best inflatable fishing kayak in 2023.
Top Inflatable Fishing Kayaks
- Best Inflatable Fishing Kayak-Intex Excursion Pro Kayak
- Best Heavy-duty Inflatable Tandem Kayak-Dakota K2 Kayak
- Most Stable One-Person Kayak-Pelican Sentinel 100X Kayak
- Best Low Maintenance Sit-Inside Kayak-Perception Flash 9.5
- Most Durable, One Passenger Kayak-Hydo-Force Cove Champion Inflatable Kayak
- Best Well-Rounded and Sit on Top Kayak-Perception Pescador 12
- Best Kayak for Rapid Waters-AQUAGLIDE Navarro 130 Convertible Kayak
- Best for Bait-casting-Elkton Outdoors Steelhead Inflatable Kayak
- Best for Lake Use-Sevylor Coleman Colorado 2 Person Inflatable Kayak
1. Intex Excursion Pro Kayak
Best Inflatable Fishing Kayak
- Removable skews for easy maneuvering through deep and shallow water
- Adjustable foot braces and bucket seats
- Detachable mounting brackets for extra accessories
Intex Excursion Pro Kayak is ideal for anglers who go solo or with a companion. It can accommodate up to two people. Equipped with spring-loaded valves, Intex Excursion Pro Kayak boasts quick inflation and deflation.
Also, it comes with adjustable back seats, allowing you to adjust your position, making it the best inflatable kayak to buy.
This inflatable kayak does have an adjustable mounting for those who often bring extra accessories, including a swivel rod holder, fish finders, and an additional fishing rod.
2. Dakota K2 Kayak
Best Heavy-duty Inflatable Tandem Kayak
- Great for straight-line tracking
- Provides quick and easy turns
- Removable and adjustable seats with backrest
Designed for speed and agility, it has a long skeg ideal for straight-line kayak tracks. The short skeg ensures fast and safe turns.
Made of puncture-resistant vinyl with three separate air chambers and an inflatable I-beam floor, it maintains rigidity. The grab line and handles in the front and back ensure easy transport.
3. Pelican Sentinel 100X Kayak
Most Stable One-Person Kayak
- Triple-layer high-density polyethylene
- Provides a comfortable seating system
- Easy to carry and store
Pelican Sentinel 100X Kayak is best for occasional anglers that demand an easy-stroke and stable kayak. With a Twin-arched Multi Chine Hull, it guarantees smooth tracking and maneuverability.
Pelican Sentinel Kayak provides extra flotation through foam blocks between the deck and the hull for safety, paddle, and rigidity. If you need something more stable for your offshore kayak fishing setup, you should consider the ocean kayak prowler.
4. Perception Flash 9.5
Best Low Maintenance Sit-Inside Kayak
- Quick maneuver
- Easy entry and exit cockpit
- High-padded seat for extreme comfort
Perception Flash 9.5 allows you to set out and travel through the water with stability while providing quick maneuverability. It keeps you straight and narrows at average speed.
Measuring 28.5 inches wide, the inflatable fishing kayak has a 325 lbs weight capacity, so you can carry and store fishing gear and paddle holders. This inflatable kayak is lightweight and easy to transport. Further, it comes with a dry bag to keep gears from getting soaked.
5. Hydo-Force Cove Champion Inflatable Kayak
Most Durable, One Passenger Kayak
- Sturdy PVC material for superior durability and strength
- Comfortable inflatable cockpit
- Easy-glide and turn with a removable fin
Specifically designed for a fishing adventure, Hydo-Force Cove Champion Kayak is proven fast, durable, and easy to turn. It provides everything you ever need for open-water exploring.
That includes a double-sided paddle, air hammer hand pump, and a heavy-duty repair patch. The spacious cockpit with an adjustable seat and backrest increase lumbar support.
6. Perception Pescador 12
Best Well-Rounded and Sit on Top Kayak
- Adjustable footrests and back seat
- Front end and open rear storage
- Plenty of space for gear and accessories
A perfect kayak for new and professional anglers, Perception Pescador 12 ensures extreme stability for a drier and more enjoyable ride. It’s made of a leak-proof construction design with natural buoyancy for security and safety. And with ample storage, you can store paddle parks, fishing gear, and fishing rod holders.
7. AQUAGLIDE Navarro 130 Convertible Kayak
Best Kayak for Rapid Waters
- Lightweight and inflatable with leading drop stitched floors and zip-on decks
- Quick-release fin, backseat, and footrest
- Large and dry compartment for fishing gear and accessories
AQUAGLIDE Navarro 130 Convertible Kayak is lightweight and built to last for adventure in rapid water. You can get the quality performance you desire with hassle-free portability.
8. Elkton Outdoors Steelhead Inflatable Kayak
Best for Bait-casting
- Solid drop stitch floor/standing platform for stable casting position
- Front bungee storage space and multiple universal hard mounting points
- Reinforced Layered PVC to bounce off safely against obstacles
Elkton Outdoors Steelhead Inflatable Kayak allows you to stand steady. With a solid drop stitch floor, you can cast and throw baits without losing balance. It safely bounces off against rocks and logs when you sail through rough water. The ports allow easy drain when water splashes inside.
9. Sevylor Coleman Colorado 2-Person Inflatable Kayak
Best for Lake Use
- Extra-strong nylon cover for puncture protection
- Multiple air chambers to maintain inflation
- Airtight leak-free system
Sevylor Coleman Colorado is excellent for lake use since it provides maximum puncture protection. The adjustable Berkley Quick Set Rod Holders are for hand-free fishing. At the same time, its double-threaded Boston Valve delivers quick inflation and deflation.
Things to Consider When Buying an Inflatable Fishing Kayak
There are essential factors that you need to consider when buying the best fishing kayaks. That includes:
Anglers carry a lot of gear with them, including paddle holders, fish finders, bungee cords, and rod holders. So knowing the maximum weight capacity is essential to avoid capsizing.
Specific types of kayaks are designed for intended environments. Choose the kayak style that would give you the best experience depending on the body of water you often fish in.
Knowing how much the kayak weighs is essential, so you know if you can carry it with ease.
Finding a high-quality kayak without sacrificing your budget matters.
What are you going to use it for mainly? You might consider a one-passenger and durable kayak if you prefer kayak fishing solo. If you’re into freshwater kayak fishing, you’ll have to also take this into consideration when choosing a kayak.
Get a kayak that provides stability when you often fish through different types of water, such as slow-moving rivers.
Sit-on-top vs. Sit-in Kayak
A sit-on-top kayak allows you to sit on top of the padded standing platform, thus providing more stability. But you are guaranteed to get wet. A sit-in kayak has an open cockpit allowing you to climb inside, giving a more sense of confinement. The disadvantage is it poses limited movements.
Single vs. Tandem Kayak
The difference between these two is that the tandem kayak has two seats- perfect for anglers with fishing partners. But it’s a lot heavier than a single fishing kayak. But it’s a lot heavier than a single kayak. That’s something you may want to consider.
Ensure that the hatches are secure to prevent water from entering. Always put on your life vest. Check the blade or pilot rudder system for extra safety. Bring a magnetic tackle tray to organize lures.
Stick to the maximum capacity of your kayak and paddleboard. Try a shock cord deck as one of the best kayak fishing rigging ideas when you’re in flat water. Wear a helmet and other suitable protection.
How to Care for an Inflatable Kayak
When you’re inflating a kayak, be sure to rid the foreign objects in the valve to avoid rupture. Allow open space to prevent punctures. As soon as it’s inflated, get paddling. Leaving your kayak on a hot surface may cause it to contract and rupture.
When you are done, don’t just fold and store it. Remove the debris, then clean it thoroughly. Keep the water out of the valve to prevent molds from growing. Dry it first before storing it.
This kayak fishing cleaning method can prolong the lifespan of your kayak as it prevents thinning and skin breakdown.
Fishing kayaks are extremely important for anglers. They take you to the water where your targets are, and they also provide maximum convenience.
Although the features can be confusing, like two-rod holders, a portable accessory carrier, or a two-flush mount rod, kayaks don’t have to be expensive. Hopefully, this article about the best inflatable fishing kayak and its features helps you decide which is the right fishing kayak for you.