The best jig rods for bass can be hard to find.
There are a lot of options out there, but the most important thing is that you get the right rod for your needs.
We’ve got you covered with our list and in-depth guide on how to choose the best jig rod for bass. Follow these tips and you’ll have an edge over other anglers when it comes time to go fishing!
These also make great gifts for bass fishermen.
Our Top Picks
7 Best Jig Rods for Bass
1. St. Croix Rods Mojo Bass Casting Rod
Best Saltwater Jigging Rod
- PREMIUM SCIII CARBON CONSTRUCTION: The premium SCIII carbon...
- SPLIT-GRIP/PREMIUM-GRADE HANDLE: Comfortable contoured cork...
- MORE FEATURES: Slim-profile ferrules; Kigan Master Hand 3D...
- Made of premium materials and tough FRS making it stronger and more durable
- With a top-quality contoured handle for enhanced grip
- With a slim profile, stunning finish
- Gives you more value for your money with a 5-year warranty
- Versatile rod ideal for a bass angler
When you’re fishing for bass, you need a rod that will stand up to the fight. St. Croix Rods Mojo Bass Casting Rods are designed with premium SCIII carbon construction and a Fortified Resin System (FRS) for unparalleled strength and durability.
The Split-Grip/Premium-Grade Handle provides a comfortable contoured rear grip.
The high-quality cork handle ensures you maintain a stronghold on your fishing rods, while the slim-profile ferrules, Kigan Master Hand 3D guides with thin, strong aluminum-oxide rings, and black frames ensure you’re in full control.
It also has a Fuji ECS reel seat with a black hood, Kigan hook-keeper/solid hookset, and two coats of Flex-Coat slow cure finish deliver the right tools for the job.
2. Dobyns Rods Champion XP Series
- BUILT FOR: Spinnerbaits, Buzzbaits, Senkos, Horny Toads,...
- EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY: Dobyns Rods are designed and created by...
- PINPOINT ACCURACY: Constructed by anglers, this perfectly...
- Designed by Gary Dobyns, legendary bass fisher
- Offers the most accurate results, smooth and non-tiring use
- With a Limited Lifetime Warranty – more value for your money
- For vertical jigging, catching big fish because of its good jig bite
- This is a sturdy rod for all kinds of fishing techniques with heavy power
Dobyns Rods Champion XP Series rods are sensitive, light, strong, and balanced. You can choose from 63-technique specific bait cast and spinning rods.
These are designed from the highest quality materials with a modulus graphite blank, enhanced Kevlar wrapping, and high-quality cork grips.
You’ll get the most accurate results because of its balanced design. The smooth and tireless cast with a 14″ cork handle will give you the best performance and value.
3. G.Loomis GLX Jig & Worm Casting Rods
- This year we have totally redesigned the GLX Series, using a...
- Comes with an updated reel seat
- With a split-grip handle, durable guides
- Lightweight, sensitive, and high-performance
- This is a high-quality pole for all jigging techniques
- Built with heavy power for medium-heavy lures and deep cover
The GLX Series is redesigned using a new proprietary seat, split-grip handle configuration, and Fuji K-frame SIC guides. The spinning rod is lightweight, sensitive, high-performance that is designed for medium to heavy line ratings.
4. ABU GARCIA Unisex Adult Vendetta Spinning Rod
Best Jigging Rod for Any Jigging Technique
- Rod Vendetta 803 ml 5-20 g Spin
- Lightweight and balanced construction with 30T graphite
- High-density EVA ensures higher sensitivity and durability
- This is a lightweight jigging rod with a balanced construction
- Made from tough EVA making it is very durable
- With a convenient hook holder that will work with all types of baits
- This is a finesse jig for thick cover
- A heavy jig, good line weight, sensitive tip, and extra length
The ABU GARCIA Unisex Adult Vendetta Spinning Rod is designed for anglers who demand a light, sensitive rod with a high-performance backbone. This is still one of the lightest, most sensitive, high-performance spinning rods made.
It has a high modulus and high tensile strength allows us to use as much as 15% less material than comparable IMX rods, creating a dramatic reduction in weight and maintaining the same power.
5. Elite Black Series Best Jig Rod
- Perfectly Designed For Fishing Bass Jigs
- Custom Winn Grip Handle
- Free Elite Rod Sleeve Included
- With a customized Winn grip handle for maximum control
- Comes with a free Elite Rod Sleeve
- Produces the fastest action even for thick cover/ heavy cover
- Has is a strong rod, but the bass rarely slams, giving you the best results
When it comes to jig fishing, the Elite Black Series jigging rod excels in feature and performance. It is designed for fishing jigs, and at 7′-2″, it’s got the power and action to get your bait deep into cover.
In addition, this pole comes with custom Winn Grips and ships with a free Elite Rod Sleeve. To top it all off, most users say that this is the best rod for bass jig fishing available on the market.
6. OKUMA–6’6″ Cedros “A” Speed Jig Casting Rod
Best Fishing Rods with Enhanced Rod Tip
- With enhanced pulling power with its E-Glass blank
- With durable zirconium inserts that reduce friction
- With very strong anodized aluminum reel seats
- Comes with an enhanced custom EVA grips for maximum control
- Has a quality rod, one of the best jigs for strong bass
The OKUMA Cedros “A” Speed Jig Rod is constructed of a durable E-glass blank to help absorb shock. This lightweight jigging rod offers comfort with ribbed EVA grips and a rounded butt cap on the rod’s handle.
More so, the Zirconium inserts are corrosion resistant and provide a smooth pass-through of both braid and mono line.
Additionally, Its Alps Tri reel seats are ergonomically designed to add comfort and strength to the rod.
The OKUMA Cedros “A” Speed Jig Fishing Rod features an E-glass blank for incredible pulling power; Glass rod blanks offer shock reduction when using braided line, Zirconium guide inserts reduce friction from braided lines.
The high-rise frames keep the bar off the blank and foregrip and the ALPS pyramid-shaped aluminum seat offers more control. At the same time, the ribbed EVA grip boosts grip and rod control.
7. Shimano Teramar Inshore Rods
Best Jigging Setup Rod
- Very durable with a Shimano TC4 construction
- With very strong guides – Concept Fuji Hardloy / Fuji aluminum oxide
- With the best quality cork handles and reel seats
- Comes with a solid hookset/ hook keeper
- With a good line weight perfect for heavy jigs
The Shimano Teramar Inshore fishing rods series was constructed with Shimano TC4 design and enhanced Fuji Hardloy guides and Fuji graphite reel seat.
The grade A cork handles, top—quality guides with Gudebrod thread wrapping make it very efficient in any water. These amazing features are unmatched by any other dedicated jigging rod series available in the market.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Jigging Rods
The key to understanding how the action works is to know where the rod bends when pressure or weight is applied. If it turns in the top third of the jig fishing rod, it’s considered fast action.
If it turns in the top half, then it’s medium or moderate action; and if it starts bending in the bottom third of the rod and into the handle, that makes for slow movement. Step, simply put, is where jig fishing rods bend.
A longer rod is the ideal choice for line retrieval, especially in deeper water. It also allows you to power fish away from cover with ease. The shorter rod is better for casting jigs to fish in shallower water.
The best rod length depends on your fishing style and location, whether you’re using butterfly jigs, throwing jigs, or weedless jigs.
If you’re an angler, you know that the weight of your lure makes a huge difference. For instance, if you have too light of a lure, the rod will not load properly, resulting in a shorter cast.
If you’ve got too heavy of a weight, the rod will pack too much and have a sluggish cast. The rod will load properly and achieve optimal casting distance if you have the right weighted lure on.
The best rods for jig fishing will be rated for heavy power and fast action rod tip for picking up the slack in the line.
A longer rod works well with jigs, just like a casting rod at least seven feet long. The longer the rod, the more line you pick up as you raise it.
A rod with good power will hold the fish’s mouth with ease, such as a pole made from stainless steel material/stainless hoods to keep fish strong.
Graphite and carbon fiber are the two main materials that go into producing the best quality jigging rods. However, each has its inherent properties and drawbacks.
Graphite is sensitive, strong, and lightweight, but it is brittle and snaps easily.
Carbon fiber is durable, flexible, and very strong, but it can be stiff and unresponsive.
When blended in the right configuration, graphite and carbon fiber create the best quality jigging rods with power, strength, and faster actions while lightweight, sensitive, and flexible.
If you’re looking to catch largemouth bass, you need the right rod. Selecting the right jigging rod is the first and most important decision you need to make to jig fishing for bass successfully.
Using the wrong rod will not only affect your casting but cost you many missed fish.
We hope our list helped you find the right rod!
The Anglers Behind This Article: