A diver’s watch is an excellent gift for diving enthusiasts designed to track time for enough oxygen. However, dive watches not only serve that purpose.
Diving watches are also great for fashion statements. They’re also great additions to fans of luxury timepieces.
In today’s article, you’ll discover some dive watches worth buying. You’ll also dive into the watch features you have to look for before getting your best luxury dive.
If you’re looking for the best luxury dive watches, you won’t be disappointed.
Let’s get started!
Scuba Tip! If you’re on a budget, check out our article on the best inexpensive dive watch!
Our Top Picks!
Best Luxury Diving Watches
- Best Luxury Dive Watch-Omega Seamaster 300M
- Best High End Dive Watch-Panerai Submersible Calibre OP XXXIV
- Best Proper Diving Watch-Tudor Pelagos
- Best Modern Diver’s Watch-Breitling Aeromarine Superocean Heritage 42
- Best Affordable Dive Watch-Bremont Supermarine S500
- Best Budget Diver’s Watch-GARMIN–MARQ™ Captain Modern Tool Watch
- Best True Dive Watch-Garmin Descent Mk2 Dive Computer
1. Omega Seamaster 300M
Best Luxury Dive Watch
- Round watch in silver-tone stainless steel featuring blue…
- Swiss-automatic movement with analog display
- Antireflective-sapphire crystal dial window
- Equipped with a helium escape valve for water resistance of up to 300 meters
- Silver-tone stainless steel watch
- Comes with a polished ceramic dial with a blue bezel
- Imported watch with Swiss-automatic movement
The Omega Seamaster diver is a well-renowned diver’s watch that’s been such a hit since 1993. This luxury timepiece comes in 42 and 43.5 mm and features a ceramic bezel. Not only that but it’s also equipped with Omega’s Master Chronometer, making it highly precise and magnet-resistant.
Besides these, the Seamaster 300M also has four colorways: blue, white, black, and PVD chrome. Another great feature that it has is its helium escape valve, which gives it a water resistance of up to 300 meters. You’ll want to add this to your scuba diving gear!
2. Panerai Submersible Calibre OP XXXIV
Best High End Dive Watch
- Equipped with a 47-mm carbotech case
- Stylish black dial
- Black rubber strap and titanium buckle
- Self-winding watch with date, hour, minute, and small second functions
Readily available in 44mm and 47mm, the Luminor Submersible is another iconic dive watch that I recommend. This luxury watch has a water resistance of up to 300 meters, making it a perfect addition to any diver’s collection. Made with Panerai titanium, it’s hypoallergenic and corrosion-resistant.
Aside from these, the Luminor Submersible is also known for its Incabloc anti-shock technology. Because of this, the watch is not only for divers but for other professionals, too. Not to mention that it has an hour power reserve function that lasts for three days!
3. Tudor Pelagos
Best Proper Diving Watch
- Featuring a Grey Band, Grey Case, Scratch Resistant Sapphire…
- Comes with a midnight blue dial with silver-tone hands and gray titanium case and band
- Has an automatic watch movement with scratch-resistant sapphire
- Equipped with a solid case back and a push-button clasp
- Has a rotating bezel and a screw crown
The Tudor Pelagos is a crowd favorite in the watch industry because of its unique features. It has a complimentary rubber strap that you can use with your diving suit.
Additionally, it’s also waterproof in up to 500 meters of ocean depths. Not only that but its unidirectional bezel is made with titanium, making it long-lasting.
Another great feature is its 70-hour power reserve. The Pelagos is one of the best diver’s watches because of its helium escape valve added for extra water resistance.
4. Breitling Aeromarine Superocean Heritage 42
Best Modern Diver’s Watch
- Comes with a blue rotating bezel and dial and a stainless steel case
- Scratch-resistant and glare-proof sapphire crystal
- Luminescent hands and markers
- Has an adjustable stainless steel bracelet and a deployment buckle
Another timepiece worth checking is the Superocean Heritage 42. It’s the modern version of the 1950s Superocean with the same iconic features. What’s good about the Superocean Heritage is it comes in many sizes and materials, including stainless steel and 18-karat gold.
Besides these, this modern dive watch is also known for its mesh bracelet, which can be replaced with a mesh rubber strap. Not only that but it’s also known for its Breitling Caliber B20, a COSC-certified chronometer that a professional diver swears by.
5. Bremont Supermarine S500
Best Affordable Dive Watch
- Has an integrated and interchangeable rubber strap
- Comes with hour, minute, second, and date functions
- Water-resistant to 500 meters
- Has stainless steel, screw-in case back for added protection
Are you looking for a dive watch with a low price tag, the Supermarine S500 is an excellent option. This watch comes with different dive watch straps, making it a watch for all occasions. Its hands and indexes are also Super-Luminova coated, making it a timepiece for even the darkest nights.
Additionally, it’s also famous for its domed sapphire crystal that’s anti-reflective and scratch-resistant. Its metal dial and Stainless steel Bremont Trip-Tick watch case also make this timepiece a must-have for a diving enthusiast.
6. GARMIN–MARQ™ Captain Modern Tool Watch
Best Budget Diver’s Watch
- Nautical design with a 46-mm regatta bezel
- Equipped with a domed sapphire with an always-on display
- Automatic water resistance of up to 100 meters
- Has GPS navigation, weather forecasts, and maritime profiles
I highly recommend the Garmin MARQ Captain if you’re looking for a robust tool watch. This diving watch is not only for scuba diving fans but also for professionals in other industries. It features GPS technology, tack assist, and an overboard button, helping you navigate and stay safe.
Besides, the MARQ Captain has a nylon strap designed with a premium QuickFit mechanism, making it easy and comfortable to wear.
7. Garmin Descent Mk2 Dive Computer
Best True Dive Watch
- Advanced, watch-style dive computer with 1.4” color…
- Battery life: up to 80 hours in dive mode, up to 16 days in…
- Features enhanced wrist-based heart rate estimates and Pulse…
- Multiple dive modes for underwater activities
- Has performance measurement functions for stats tracking
- Has a sapphire color display and a stainless steel bezel
- Comes with a silicone strap and a metal-covered case
With its modern multisport features, the Garmin Descent Mk2 is easily one of the best dive computers out there. It’s a true diver watch that comes with a water resistance of up to 100 meters and other hefty features.
For one, this timepiece has various sensors, including GPS, a compass, a gyroscope, and even a thermometer. Not only that, but this watch is also a smartwatch, allowing you to connect it to your phone and various apps.
Things to Consider When Buying Luxury Dive Watches
Helium Escape Valve
Helium escape valves help prevent water from entering your watch.
If your watch isn’t highly water-resistant, it must have an escape valve to keep it safe.
Gaskets help increase your watch’s water resistance.
With this, the timepiece’s gasket system must be durable. Make sure that it forms a tight seal in your watch.
Rotating Dive Bezel
A rotating bezel is an essential watch feature as it helps you track how long you’ve been underwater.
That said, I suggest that you look for watches whose bezels are ISO-certified. This way, you’re guaranteed that your watch is precise and accurate.
The deeper you dive, the darker the environment gets, making it harder to see underwater.
With this, illuminated dials are an essential feature of diving watches. These help you prevent errors and track time and oxygen underwater.
Long-lasting watches often have screw-in crowns that thread to precisely fit the watch.
These also help increase water resistance, so it’s important that the watch’s crown threads tightly to the tube.
Dive watches are a life support tool. With this, it must be long-lasting and reliable.
I recommend finding a timepiece made with titanium. You can also find ones with a metal bracelet to ensure that they can withstand even the depths.