A kayak seat is a crucial piece of equipment that you will use for a long time to come. It needs to be comfortable and durable, but it can be difficult to find the perfect seat.
If you’ve tried different seats and they just don’t work, we’re here to help. Your kayak will get wet a lot, and you’re going to have a hard time getting out of the boat if you can’t find a seat that fits.
To help you find the best sit on top kayak seat, we’ver rounded up the best products to buy today!
And if you’re curious, here are the best kayak brands to buy from!
Our Top Picks
5 Best Sit-On-Top Kayak Seat
- Most Comfortable Kayak Seat – GTS Sport Sit-On-Top Kayak Seat
- Best Adjustable Seat – KERCO Angler-x Adjustable Sit-on-Top Kayak Seat
- Most Lightweight Kayak Seat – Harmony Gear Standard Sit-on-Top Seat
- Best Kayak Seat for Kayak Fishing – Ocean Kayak Comfort Plus Seat
- Best All-Around Kayak Seat – Yak Gear SMR Manta Ray Seat
1. GTS Sport Sit-On-Top Kayak Seat
Most Comfortable Kayak Seat
- MADE IN USA! Enhanced molded in water channeling grooves.
- Built in Tri-laminated backrests structural support.
- Multi-adjustable front and rear straps solidly lock in seat…
- Made of lycra foam laminate for a comfortable experience
- With an enhanced molded in water channeling grooves
- Built-in tri-laminate backrests for structural support
- Multi-adjustable front and rear straps that solidly lock you in seat position
The GTS Sport Seat is good for people who have back pains but still want to pursue kayaking. Made of lycra foam laminate paddings, it will surely give you the best and comfortable experience.
There’s also a detachable backpack for additional storage. At an affordable price, you can have the best kayak seat.
2. KERCO Angler-x Adjustable Sit-on-Top Kayak Seat
Best Adjustable Seat
- The Angler-X Adjustable Kayak seat is designed to fit most…
- Anti-Slip contoured padded seat surface with a high backrest…
- Adjustable front and back straps can sturdily position the…
- Built with Kerco Molded Dura-Foam/Nylon Fabric with a detachable zipped backpack
- Angler-X features an extra think sitting pad for a long hour paddling trip
- Anti-slip contoured padded kayak seat, high backrest design that adds extra comfort and safety
- Adjustable front and back straps for a sturdy position in the seat, marine anti-corrosion clips
The KERCO kayak seat is one of the best seats on this list. It comes with an extra thick padding and an anti-slip bottom to keep you in place.
You can also use this seat on a paddleboard, just put fastenings on it and clip the Angler-X into place. It is the second most expensive sit-on-top seat on the list. But with the features included, it is worth it.
3. Harmony Gear Standard Sit-on-Top Seat
Most Lightweight Kayak Seat
- Soft and supportive seat fits most sit-on-top kayaks
- Skid resistant bottom
- Fully adjustable
- Harmony Seat features a nylon-covered foam backrest and seat pad with a skid-resistant bottom
- Fully adjustable for a comfortable experience
- Includes a corrosion-resistant hardware
- Adjustable position of the back band without getting out of your boat
The Harmony is a lightweight, soft, and fully adjustable seat for kayaks on the market. It is also inexpensive, with its skid-proof bottom, corrosion-resistant hardware, and adjustable straps.
If you are a kayaker who loves ergonomic design, this is perfect for you!
4. Ocean Kayak Comfort Plus Seat
Best Kayak Seat for Kayak Fishing
- the comfort zone offers generous back support with its tall…
- enjoy a softer ride with the extra seat padding, which…
- adjustable straps on the sides allow the paddler to…
- Ocean Comfort offers back support with its tall height
- Made of tough nylon, includes a built-in ventilation system
- With extra padding for more cushioning than any traditional kayak seats
- UV-resistant nylon packcloth construction for durability, 4-way adjustable mounting straps for ample adjustment
The Ocean Kayak Seat offers kayakers tough nylon with a built-in ventilation system, keeping the paddler cool and dry. The UV-resistant nylon material guarantees durability.
It works on both sit-on and sit-in kayaks, but it is specifically designed for the said brand. It will also fit other brands of kayaks. Just make sure it fits before buying it.
5. Yak Gear SMR Manta Ray Seat
Best All-Around Kayak Seat
- This Yak Gear Seat is made of 1.5-inch thick EVA foam bottom
- Compatible with kayak or canoe
- Includes a D-rings for additional connection capabilities
- Comes with a non-skid bottom cushion
The Yak Gear Seat features brass buckles and D-ring placement that enables your seat to be compatible with any sit-in, sit-on-top kayaks, and canoes.
The 15-inch skid bottom of the seat features a 1.5-inch thick EVA foam for long-lasting comfortability. However, this is the most expensive seat on this list.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a kayak seat? How does it work?
Most kayak seats are made for kayakers who want extra comfort. It is like a seat cushion for kayaks. This type of seat is attached to your kayak if there’s no kind of pad or seating.
Ensure that there are attachments on your kayak that allow straps of any kayak seats to be attached.
Some sit-on-top seats are versatile to work on different types of kayaks, canoes, and even stand-up paddleboarding (SUP). Just make sure that you have a seat that’s adjustable on your boat.
How can I make my seat on top of the kayak more comfortable?
It is easy to make your existing kayak seats more comfortable. You can add a few more customizable paddings. Various products can make your kayak seats comfortable—for example, foam padding and gel seat pads.
The most comfortable kayak seat is waterproof foam or gel seat pad. It is also possible that you can add a seat back when you have an existing seat in your boat or kayak.
These can be attached with the straps of D-strings on your vessel.
Should I upgrade my kayak seats?
If you quickly feel uncomfortable while kayaking, the best option is to get a new kayak seat. Upgrade your kayak seat to the best one you ever had. However, there are things you should consider when upgrading your seats.
If you’re going to spend a lot of time in the water, lumbar support is essential. For those who don’t know this, maximum lumbar support relieves some pressure from your spine and helps you maintain proper posture. It can also help when you’re suffering from back pain.
A breathable seat is crucial since you’ll get wet regularly like kayaking. It will keep your seat dry or be dried quickly—for example, a seat with mesh fabric.
Choose a breathable seat to keep you comfortable. If you’re planning a fishing trip where you’ll be exposed to water splashes, then this is a must.
Size and Compatibility
Before buying or upgrading your seats, know the measurements of your particular kayak to know what best kayak seats fit. The size of the seat can give you an idea of how comfortable it will be.
If it is too narrow, it may not offer the maximum level of comfort. However, if it’s too wide, it may not fit your kayak. Compatibility is a thing you must consider.
Before You Head Out Kayaking
Choosing the best kayak seats for you can be hard, especially when you’re spending a lot on them. There are many options on the market. It would be best to weigh in your choices to find the perfect fit and a durable seat.
If you’re planning a kayaking outing and want to get comfortable, investing in one of the best brands for sit-on seats is a must. You don’t want to get back pain while kayaking, right?