The best snorkel mask is comfortable to use and provides a clear view of the undersea world with no fogging or leakage. They’re simple to use and tough enough to withstand years of adventures.
However, with so many various forms, sizes, and styles to choose from, purchasing a snorkeling mask might be a bit intimidating.
Fortunately, this article reviews the best snorkel masks available in the market today. Continue reading!
Our Top Picks
Check out our other snorkel mask recommendations:
7 Best Snorkel Masks
1. Cressi Scuba Diving Mask
- This revolutionary mask is made of High Seal Silicone, a...
- The raked lenses, with their inverted drop shape (Cressi...
- The frame uses the exclusive patented Cressi system of...
- Integrated Dual Frame technology
- High seal silicon material for comfort and 100% seal
- Raked lens and inverted drop shape to enhance visibility
- Feature a long-lasting plastic case for protection when traveling
Cressi scuba diving masks are all about comfort and enhancing downward visibility. The Cressi patent enhances matrix visibility up to 25%. This mask will not leave marks on the skin even after long hours of use.
In addition to its high seal silicone, it offers excellent softness while having the entire skirt design that allows the point of contact between the masks and the face at extreme open angles.
2. SeaDive Eagleye RayBlocker HD Mask with Purge
Best Anti Fog Mask
- RayBlocker-HD tempered glass lenses
- Nose purge to keep the masks’ insides dry
- Adjustable buckle to achieve the perfect fit
- Fog-resistant coating and nose purge to prevent water leakage
The SeaDive Eagle mask allows easy eye adjustments when transitioning from water depths to the surface level. One of its best features is the RayBlockerHD that counters UV rays from the sun that most masks do not have.
This is the best choice if you are looking for anti-fogging properties at all water temperatures, UV protection from harmful rays, and easy adjustment for great fit all at once.
Best for Eye Protection
- Lifetime warranty against frame breakage.
- Squeeze to adjust buckles
- Wide vision and great fit.
- External plastic frames to prevent bulks
- Internal subframe molding for extreme durability
- Wide functional field of view to add to its style and durability
- Anti Reflective coating technology that decreases reflective light
- Stainless steel lens retainers to strengthen the masks’ nose bridge area
The Atomic Subframe mask is the best choice for anyone who wants the most durable and indestructible two-window masks that can surely resist frame breakage.
In addition, this can increase overall clarity and contrast while reducing strains and ghost images on the lens field of view.
If you want to go on night dives and have a knack for underwater photography, this is for you.
- Synergy2 Trufit Technology: The newest generation of Trufit...
- The main inner skirt is thin and soft to provide the best...
- seal and comfort against the skin.
- Flexible buckle tabs to be foldable when not in use
- The latest generation of Synergy2 Trufit Technology
- Special ribbed system molding to fit all the contours of the faces
- SYNERGY2 TRUFIT single lens to allow an exceptional field of view
Scubapro is a low-volume single lens mask that offers a clear and wide field of view with an easy-to-use buckle system. This is the perfect mask when comfort is your priority.
The double skirt design with a watertight seal has a softer and thinner main inner skirt to secure the right fit, while its thicker outer skirt gives support and durability around the frame.
- Ultra-clear dual lens design is low volume for easy clearing...
- Lenses are made from tempered glass for safety and long-term...
- Push-button buckles that attach to the skirt adjust easily...
- Swivel buckles with push buttons attached to the skirt
- Low volume ultraclear dual lens to maximize the field of view
- Ear equalization is achieved with reachable single-handed nose pockets
- The lens comes with a mirrored option for a glare-free underwater view
ScubaPro Spectra low-volume masks can take out the challenge of maintaining a clear mask, unlike standard masks with green tint from leftover iron impurities.
These masks’ two lenses are ultra-clear glass and provide a clearer and easier sight of your surroundings.
Note that its painted finish of vivid frame colors is susceptible to fading when cleaned using abrasive chemicals.
6. Cressi Panoramic Wide View Mask
The Next-Generation Diving Mask
- A great equipment ready to use to enjoy snorkeling or scuba...
- The panoramic masks have been designed to give you great...
- Mask made of hypoallergenic soft silicone to ensure a...
- Easy equalization is achieved with soft nose pockets
- Mouthpiece made of soft silicone to lessen jaw fatigues
- Soft and hypoallergenic silicone material to guarantee perfect sealing
- Dry top valves prevent water from entering when submerged underwater
Cressi Panoramic is a leak-free mask with a great seal designed with a classic teardrop lens for a wide and exceptional field of view. This includes the panoramic view with enhanced peripheral vision better than standard scuba mask designs.
Its trap equalizes the seal because of its greater surface area. One of the snorkel set’s notable features is the dry snorkel system with a purge valve design that fully keeps water away from the snorkel and mouth of scuba divers.
The Leisure-Friendly Full Face Snorkel Masks
- FLOWTECH ADVANCED AIR INTAKE SYSTEM- Breathe naturally and...
- DESIGNED AND TESTED IN THE USA - The Seaview 180° V2...
- IMPORTANT SIZING TIPS- Full face snorkel mask adult sizing...
- Seaview 180-degree V2 lens
- Advanced Flowtech air intake system
- One-way drain system ensures easy draining of water
- Patent-pending angled snorkel tube with additional one-way valves
WildHorn Outfitters is a full-face snorkel mask specially designed for leisure purposes. Although these full-face masks don’t have an equalizer for free driving, it has low resistance airflow with five one-way check valves that easily let high rates of oxygen get into the mask and ensure the user’s comfort in breathing.
This full-face mask also keeps and reduces carbon dioxide levels at a minimum.
Things to Consider When Buying Snorkel Masks
Knowing a masks’ features will make it easier for you to make the right decision. Here are other things to consider before buying a new mask.
After deciding on your preferred style of the best snorkel mask, the next thing is to choose the one with a perfect fit.
A snorkel mask comes in extra small to extra large sizes to fit in the different face shapes and sizes. Try on all the sizes to land on the one comfortable mask for you.
One of the most important things to consider in picking the perfect snorkel mask is to know what water activities you will need it for. The designs for snorkel masks vary for every activity like spearfishing, snorkeling, and diving.
If you plan to scuba dive or spearfish, high-quality materials are needed for an expensive mask. However, snorkeling masks can come at a lower price with less sturdy materials.
A masks’ lens can be made of plastic or glass, so picking the best one is crucial. The features to look out for are the ones with UV projections, anti-fog, coatings, vision enhancement, and more.
Single-lens masks have a glass or plastic solid plane great for wide viewing and precise perception of depth, while double lens masks are preferred by users who need to incorporate them with prescription lenses.
Having an enclosed nose is a must when buying a mask for skin diving, snorkeling, and free diving. It helps in easy equalizing when going for deep surface snorkeling and also keeps your nose from inhaling water during snorkeling.
The snorkeling mask price has the greatest influence on which snorkeling gear you land into. Many markets sell the best budget snorkel mask that can cost as low as $10. If you want premium masks, their prices range from $50 to $100 and above.
In the end, you can choose according to your budget to spend on a mask.
Types of Mask
By now, you should know what to consider before buying the best snorkel masks. Here are the most common types you can choose from to be informed of their differences.
Masks with built-in purge valves
Aside from being easier to clear while diving underwater, these are more convenient masks than snorkelers. The purge valve is located in the dive masks’ nose pocket built with a small silicon flap material.
The snorkel mask flaps force open when exhaling from the nose, and then extra air keeps water away from the valve.
Choosing a color-correcting mask can be helpful because the red color is not visible at a 3-meter depth and the yellow color is not visible at a 6-meter depth.
This can help you have better perceptions and easier recognize objects in the underwater world.
Two Window Masks
These are usually with two glass panes separated by frames. The shape will sit closer to your face, making it easier to equalize and clear.
Also, ensure that the frames do not press against your nose bridge because it can cause issues when bumping into something.
Corrective Lens Mask
This is a good option if you wear glasses. Several manufacturers now produce masks with replaceable lenses.
Side Window Masks
This mask has two extra glass planes on the peripherals. It lets additional light penetrate the masks and adds to the user’s field of vision. It may be quite larger than other masks, so extra air is needed to clear it.
A Snorkel Set is a Must-Have
After reading this article, you are more informed of the available snorkeling masks with their distinct key features and in-depth information.
Remember the things to consider and the different types of masks before purchasing. Choose the one according to your needs, and you will have the best snorkeling experience!