The beginning of the fickle spring weather is the perfect time to hit the water and enjoy catching fish all through the warmer months of the year.
Having the right tools will make the difference between ending up with a big fish or going home empty-handed, so don’t forget to add these 10 best spring bass lures to add to your tackle box.
Check out our other bass fishing tips:
10 Best Spring Bass Lures
- Best Overall Early Spring Lure – Strike King Premier Plus Spinnerbait
- Best Jerkbait – Luck E Strike Jerkbait
- Best Trap Lure – Rat-L-Trap Lures
- Best Bait Bug – Googan Baits Bandito Bug
- Best Flash Boost Lures – Shimano SP-Orca FB Flash Boost Lures
- Best Minnow Floating Lures – Yo-Zuri Pins Minnow Floating Lures
- Best Sinking Bass Lures – Yo-Zuri Pins Minnow Sinking Lures
- The Best ChatterBait For Anglers –Z-Man Original ChatterBait
- Best Value CrankBait – Yongzhi Crankbait
- Best Football Jig – Football Jig with Trailer
1. Strike King Premier Plus Spinnerbait
Best Overall Early Spring Lure
- Advanced Perfect Skirt with Magic Tails
- Pre-rigged with a Sabre Point trailer hook
- Double willow blades
- Come with dual willow blades
- Saber Point shaped trailer hook
- Comes in 3 sizes and multiple colors
- Has a shaky head sculpted like a fish
- Features an advanced Skirt with striking Tails
This lure comes with some of today’s most realistic 3D holographic eyes on the market. These eyes catch even more light and pop more in clear water. It also helps them pop even more in stained water conditions or cloudy days.
The dual willow blades also give it a great profile and action. It also features a Screaming Mimi skirt with silver dots, creating a unique look that fish finds hard to resist.
2. Luck E Strike Jerkbait
- Black Diamond
- Comes with three treble hooks
- Features stainless saber point hook
- Has a head and body shaped like a real baitfish
- The RC STX suspends very much like a regular baitfish
- This jerkbait has a 4.5-inch size and 1 x 1 x 1-inch dimension
Brilliant finishes, a weight transfer mechanism for incredibly long casts, superb suspended buoyancy, and erratic motion are all aspects of these lures.
In addition, It is durable, and the suspending jerkbait can stay in cooler water temperatures for a long time. You can also cast it as far as possible with little effort with its weight.
3. Rat-L-Trap Lures
Best Trap Lure
- LIFELIKE VIBRATIONS – Bill Lewis Rat-L-Trap lure produces…
- FISH-ATTRACTING COLORS – Fish Rat-L-Trap in saltwater or…
- EFFECTIVE LURE – The Rat-L-Trap is a time-tested lure that…
- Weights 1/2 Oz
- Comes in several mesmerizing colors
- Realistic paint that attracts more fishes
- Makes a sound as you reel quickly into deeper water due to its rattled interior
The realistic paint on these little lures causes them to be easily mistaken for real minnows. They weigh only 1/2 Oz, so even if you’re a beginner angler, you will not have a hard time casting them out.
These are best to catch fish used in cold water during early spring and fall. Also, their rattles make noise as you reel them in and can help attract more spring bass.
4. Googan Baits Bandito Bug
Best Bait Bug
- Insane strike-enticing action the second it hits the water
- Designed with a unique kicking action
- While in motion the Googan Baits Bandio Bug looks like a…
- Manufactured by Googan Baits
- Combines unique look and kicking action design
- Has a strike-enticing action the second it’s suspended in water
- Fishes can easily mistake the Googan BanditoBug for a swimming craw or minnow
This lure has strike-enticing action that allows anglers to target their preferred bass species, even if they’re selective feeders.
Because of its lifelike design, a fish has no trouble mistaking it for a water insect or crawfish. It can be used in clear water or along with a heavy cover such as rocks and weed beds.
What’s more is that, because of its compact size and lightweight, you can quickly work your way through areas in need of additional bites.
5. Shimano SP-Orca FB Flash Boost Lures
Best Flash Boost Lures
- Flash Boost: This innovative technology suspends reflective…
- Kyorin: Kyorin offers an unparalleled lifelike scale pattern…
- Propulsion Weight Transfer System: Shimano’s Propulsion…
- Has a length of 5-7 inches and weighs 2 Oz
- Outfitted with a tough through-wire development
- Shallow cover saltwater grade snares and split-rings
- Mirrors escaping or harmed baitfish with low ranges of the pole tip
- Allows anglers to cast directly into the eye of the fish without getting close
This lure features amazing durability and doesn’t fall apart after use. Shimano also has a sinker model that is equally efficient in catching your next fish.
The mimicking of a harmed fish is considerable and can succeed in any fishing environment, from lazy rivers to snarled ocean bays.
6. Yo-Zuri Pins Minnow Floating Lures
Best Minnow Floating Lures
- The Yo-Zuri Pins Minnow Floating Diver Shallow Diving…
- It features a holographic foil finish and a weight transfer…
- It has a durable molded body and extremely sharp trebles for…
- Come with stainless steel split rings
- Comes in different patterns and colors
- Sharp treble hooks for quick penetration
- This lure comes with a weight transfer system
This lure’s weight transfer system allows for improved casting capabilities, which might increase your odds of catching a fish.
It is especially useful when fishing in large open waters like lakes. It would be best if you had something that can shoot far so you can cast it over a distance and allow it to reach a substantial diving depth.
7. Yo-Zuri Pins Minnow Sinking Lures
Best Sinking Bass Lures
- Item Package Dimensions: 9.652 L X 2.794 W X 1.27 H (Cm)
- Product Type: Sporting Goods
- Item Package Weight: 0.009 kgs
- Has a molded body
- It measures from 2-4 inch
- Two pairs of stainless hooks
- Comes in several natural patterns
The yo-Zuri sinking lure is made for dirty water, muddy water, or any water type in any season. It has two pairs of hooks that will increase your chances of catching a fish. Additionally, this can be used almost anywhere.
This lure is highly recommended for people who have been fishing for a long time and want high-quality lures that are affordable. You’ll definitely want to have a pair of these Minnow sinking bass lures in your tackle box!
8. Z-Man Original ChatterBait
The Best ChatterBait For Anglers
- Flash of a spinnerbait, vibration of a crankbait, and…
- Exclusive hex-shaped ChatterBlade for maximum flash and…
- Work the entire water column by varying your retrieve…
- Comes in many colors
- 1/4-, 3/8-, 1/2-, and 5/8-ounce weight
- No hydroplane when you quickly recover
- Vary your receiving rate by working the whole water column
The ChatterBait lure doesn’t hydroplane as easily as other suspending baits and quickly recovers when you decrease your retrieve speed, meaning you can vary your steady retrieve rate without missing bites—key to catching more fish.
9. Yongzhi Crankbait
Best Value CrankBait
- BEST BASS LURES-Crankbaits are one of the most commonly used…
- BRILLIANT COLORS:Unbelievable spectrum of colors and…
- METAL BALL INSIDE:With steel ball inside,Control barycenter…
- Easy to use
- It can be used practically everywhere
- A flexible body allows it to bend in any direction
- Available in eight different colors, including red and yellow
Most Anglers find Yongzhi Crankbait great for early spring, fall, and summer fishing. This bait can attract big bass, crappie, sunfish, catfish, and more. It swims more naturally when it’s being pulled, which will reach the fish’s strike zone.
The soft body on these lures can help the biggest bass get easily hooked once they bite them.
10. Football Jig with Trailer
Best Football Jig
- 6 Pieces of Swim jigs(1/2oz 5/0 Hooks Six Colors) Plus 2…
- Very Sharp and Durable Hooks
- Wide Gap Hooks, Easy to Set Hooks Excellent Finish
- Very durable
- Sharp stainless hooks
- Has 55 strands of very soft plastic skirts
- Comes with easy to set-up hook with wide gaps
These soft plastic lures have clear details that look quite natural for live baitfish to strike at them. Many bass anglers prefer to use a football jig with a trailer when bass fishing because it is well-made and easy to assemble.
It might be great to catch some big-mouth bass in your home pond or local lakes. Some anglers also have good luck catching some nice-sized largemouth and smallmouth bass. With high-quality design,
If you are looking for a lure that does the job right, you can choose a Football Jig with a trailer as your option.
With our list of lures for early spring bass, you won’t go home empty-handed. Surely, you’ll find the perfect lure for your early spring fishing trip.
When you’re in the market for a new lure, don’t forget to use this article as a shopping guide to ensure you’re spending money on something worth it.