If you’re looking for the best telescopic fishing rod, look no further. We have reviewed the top-selling telescopic fishing rods and selected five that we feel are indeed standouts.
You’ve probably heard a lot about what makes a good fishing rod, but there is so much information. It can be hard to know who to trust. That’s why we’ve done the research for you and come up with this list of our favorite products in each category.
Our reviews include pros and cons as well as links to other great options if one particular product doesn’t work for your needs. So check out our guide below!
In case you’re wondering, here are our top picks for the best telescopic cane poles.
Our Top Picks
5 Best Telescopic Rods
- Best Overall Telescopic Fishing Rods – KastKing Blackhawk II Telescopic Fishing Rod
- Best Freshwater Telescopic Rod and Reel Combo – Sougayilang Fishing Rod and Reel Combo
- Best Telescopic Rod and Reel Combo – Kingswell Telescopic Fishing Rod and Reel Combos
- Best Rod and Reel Combo for Heavy Lines – Goture Fishing Rod and Reel Combo
- Best Lightweight Rod and Reel Combo – Plusinno EW300 Retractable Fishing Combo
1. KastKing Blackhawk II Telescopic Fishing Rod
Best Overall Telescopic Fishing Rods
- SOLOSCOPIC PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGY – KastKing KastFlex…
- MULTIPURPOSE – The KastKing BlackHawk II travel fishing…
- CONVENIENT- Besides the obvious advantage of easy travel…
- KastKing KastFlex Toray 24-ton Carbon Matrix blank and solid glass tip section
- Durable and has better sensitivity and performance
- Available in 14 lengths in travel spinning rods and casting rods
- Made of high-quality components
- Includes stainless steel line guides, graphic reel seats
- Has comfortable EVA handles
Blackhawk II is made of excellent materials with floating line guides, and EVA handles for comfortability. It comes in two types: spinning and casting.
This telescopic rod is suitable for beginners and also for professional anglers. However, it often has concerns over misaligned guides.
2. Sougayilang Fishing Rod and Reel Combo
Best Freshwater Telescopic Rod and Reel Combo
- KINDLY NOTE:Fishing rod+reel(No Lures&Line) include ONLY 1…
- THE ROD:High Density Carbon Fiber Mixed with Fiberglass Make…
- The Reel- Sougayilang YB Fishing Reel with Left / Right…
- Includes a graphite telescopic fishing rod and reel, lure and line
- Made of high-density carbon fiber mixed with fiberglass
- Comes with a left and right interchangeable handle
- Instant lock anti-reverse
- Lightweight and portable
Sougayilang telescopic rod is a great all-in-one fishing pole. It is best to use when fishing in freshwater like lakes and ponds. It is made of durable and high-quality materials and a decent reel; it does not come with a carrying case.
3. Kingswell Telescopic Fishing Rod and Reel Combos
Best Telescopic Rod and Reel Combo
- 【All in One Travel Rod Kit】 Includes 6.80ft telescopic…
- 【Telescopic fishing pole】 Our Kingswell Telescopic…
- 【Spinning Reel S3000】 Kingswell S3000 reel features an…
- Made of Japanese 24/30 ultra-high-density carbon fiber
- Easy to bring and very portable
- Features 5 fixed guides and three floating guides to reduce line friction
- Every section and guide has markings for making assembly easy
Kingswell is a telescopic rod and reel combo and comes with a carrying case. It is made of durable and lightweight materials and features a solid reel quality.
You can also use it to catch both freshwater and saltwater fish. Although it is not intended for bigger fish, some eyelets are challenging to keep straight while fishing. It’s also a great reel and rod for kids and adults.
4. Goture Fishing Rod and Reel Combo
Best Rod and Reel Combo for Heavy Lines
- New designed GT-V spinning fishing reel
- Double bearing systems and six ball bearings
- Better used for smooth and consistent operation
- Comes with a high-quality SWORD telescopic spinning rod
- New designed AQUILA spinning reel for an excellent fishing performance
- Includes a braiding technology that prevents twisting of the blank
Goture rod is constructed from e-glass, fiberglass, and graphite for a durable fishing performance. It comes with welded stainless steel line guides and ceramic rings.
However, it does not come with a fishing line; reels are too small and a little heavier. This is a good bass fishing rod and reel combo. The rods are also great as trout fishing rods.
5. Plusinno EW300 Retractable Fishing Combo
Best Lightweight Rod and Reel Combo
- 🎣 It’s the best gift to send father, son,…
- 🎣 Warm Prompt: Two models are offered, please choose the…
- 🎣 Perfect elasticity, high density Carbon fiber mixed…
- It comes with a fishing rod and reel combo kit (no lures and line)
- Made from perfect elasticity, carbon fiber mixed with fiberglass
- With a stainless steel hooded reel seat that is anti-seawater corrosion
- EVA foregrip for comfortability
- Features an anti-reverse action
- Made up of a deep aluminum spool with double color and one line hole
These telescopic poles are constructed from high-density graphite to have a better sensitivity and are extremely lightweight. It also has an EVA grip for comfort.
However, you can spot the faults more quickly than the other model, and there is no separate case for the reel.
Things to Consider When Buying Telescopic Rods
Fiberglass, carbon fiber, or a mix of two are the most common materials for a telescopic fishing rod. If you’re finding the perfect telescopic rod, check if it’s made of high tensile materials.
It is also better if it is rated for the highest weight. This will help if you’re trying to maximize durability.
A high-density fiberglass rod can be cast and felt differently than others. You will notice the high flexibility and the rod’s response if it’s your first time throwing it.
High-density carbon fiber is made by pulling and wrapping carbon fiber and epoxy resin. Carbon fiber rods have tight tolerance for maximum performance.
Remember that as the durability increases through the heavier materials, your telescopic rod will weigh more. A heavier rod is not ideal when traveling or walking a long distance.
Knowing the weight of your telescopic fishing rods are also important. Most anglers buy something lightweight, but picking a light rod can also be bad.
An ultralight medium-heavy action blanks will bend a lot when cast, so they’re meant for smaller fish.
So, find this fishing gear with moderate size, weight, and functionality. Telescopic rods handle a sizable fish and are not hard to transport.
Understanding the number of sections in your retractable telescopic rods is also vital. It will help you determine how many weak spots your telescopic rod has.
The fewer sections your telescopic rod has, the better the fishing rod. However, it will also impact the length of your rod.
See as few sections as possible to find the most durable telescopic rods.
Extended vs. Collapsed Lengths
The total length of your telescopic rod is essential; it is for transporting and fishing performance. If you are surf fishing, you will need a long rod with at least eight feet.
You can pick a much shorter telescopic rod if you’re trying to catch small ponds for bass. It will impact both your extended and collapsed length. If you want a backpacking fishing rod, the length and portability should be considered.
Many experienced anglers use these telescoping fishing rods for different fishing techniques. Rod weight can be an additional factor.
Frequently Asked Questions
A telescoping fishing rod is a collapsible fishing rod that can be stored and carried. They have multiple sections that can cave in on each other, down to the handle or one section before the handle.
Most telescopic fishing rods are used as saltwater rods. If you can find a high-quality fishing rod, you can also use this as a freshwater rod.
Comparin telescopic rods to traditional fishing rods is like comparing performance and convenience.
You can take more telescopic rods anywhere than any other rods. They can be stored more straightforwardly, and there are more options to carry them.
However, traditional fishing rods have much better and more oversized eyelets and have more feature handles. The market for a conventional rod is still bigger than telescopic fishing poles.