Darkness should not stall your water activities like fishing, diving, or swimming. With the best underwater boat lights, these activities can still be fun, while ensuring your safety.
If you are looking for some bright lights, this guide provides you with five of the best options available on the market.
Our Top Picks
5 Best Underwater Boat Lights
- Best Overall Underwater LED Lights – Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Underwater Light
- Best Budget Underwater Boat Light – Husuku SOOP3 LED Lights
- Best Wireless Underwater Boat Lights – Tidal Wake Underwater LED Light
- Best Underwater LED Lights for Small Boats – Lumitec 101436 SeaBlazeX Mini Spectrum
- Best Shatterproof Underwater Boat Light – Jiawill 60W Cree
Best Overall Underwater LED Lights
- Delivers the exceptional performance and quality
- Offers an internally synchronized white/blue cross-fade…
- Delivers more than 6, 000 integrating-sphere-measured lumens
- Made of durable, naval-grade housing
- White/blue color output
- 6000+ lumens
Lumitec underwater boat lights are among the best products in the industry, and the SeaBlaze X2 is no exception. For starters, it has an impressive lumen count of 6000+ that will light up the waters. In addition, it has blue and white colors that you change by toggling the power switch.
The light has an aesthetic bronze housing that is rather durable and will last for years. It has undergone rigorous salt spray testing to withstand constant exposure to saltwater. Besides, the outer glass is heat tempered.
Electrical connections and installation are pretty simple. This product needs 10 to 30 volts and works with 12 or 24-volt systems. It also requires three mounting screws plus a ½-inch hole for the wiring.
Best Budget Underwater Boat Light
- 【TOP MARINE MATERIALS】IP68+ Underwater 20M✔ Upgraded…
- 【PROFESSIONAL TESTING】▲Waterproof: 20m deep sea water…
- 【Super Bright & 80% Energy Saving】 The lamp beads of…
- 42 built-in LEDs with 1,500 lumens
- 120-degree beam angle
- Effortless installation with the two-wire design
If you are looking for quality underwater lights for boats while on a restricted budget, get the Husuku Soop3. It delivers high luminous efficiency without consuming much power.
These lights improve visibility and can be mounted anywhere on your boat. With 42 LEDs, the lights produce 1500 lumens at a 120-degree beamwidth. This level of brightness is preferable for night fishing, swimming, or other activities.
The built-in 42 LEDs are energy efficient, thanks to the complex control circuits and patented chip to maintain balance. This product will offer you 50,000 service hours and has an IP68 waterproof rating.
Best Wireless Underwater Boat Lights
- Believe it! You can have Underwater Lighting on Your Boat in…
- No Drilling Holes! No Wiring! Just Plug N’ Play! Patent…
- Ultra-Bright, 1800 lumen CREE LED with a 3-year warranty,…
- Drilling- and wiring-free installation
- 1800 lumen for ultra-brightness
- Four color options
Forget the heavy installation and the expensive costs with the Tidal Wake light. This wireless light requires no drilling or wiring since it replaces the existing threaded ½-inch drain plug. Installation takes no more than 5 minutes with a plumber’s tape.
This LED light produces 1800 lumens with 50,000 hours of life. The LEDs are available in white, green, red, and blue lights. White and green lights attract fish, while red is intense and stylistic.
Blue light creates a cool effect but is restricted in some areas to distinguish law-enforcement boats.
This boat light offers a 160-degree beam that is sufficient for illumination and attracting fish. It features stainless steel construction with an IP68 rating.
Best Underwater LED Lights for Small Boats
- 670 Lumes, 12 Volts DC to 24 Volts (10 – 30v DC)
- Full-color RGBW, anodized aluminum housing, reliable and…
- Surface or transom mountable with just a 1/2 inch thru hole
- Time Toggle Protocol to change colors
- 670-lumen count
- Features anodized aluminum casing
This is the second Lumitec product on this review, and it is more functional in motorboats or small trailer boats.
Made in the USA, the Lumitec 101436 features top-notch construction of marine-grade aluminum housing. It is rigorously tested in the laboratories, including over 2000+ hours of salt spray testing.
It is easy to install as it mounts through a ½-inch hole, whether for transom or surface mount installation. Besides, it requires little wiring to produce 670 lumens, which is sufficient for small boats.
This LED underwater boat light has a durable anodized aluminum exterior. It is equipped with a Time Toggle Protocol that enables you to change the light colors.
Best Shatterproof Underwater Boat Light
- The vibration and shock resistant underwater boat light has…
- This boat light uses 6 Cree 10watt LEDs to produce white…
- Exclusive over temperature protection ensures the light can…
- Vibration and shock-resistant
- Low-profile design with a 3.7-inch diameter
- Waterproof marine grade housing
Many underwater boat lights shatter upon impact or vibration. Fortunately, this is not a challenge with the Jiawill 60W Cree.
Its 316 marine grade stainless steel housing is resistant to vibration and shock, and it provides temperature protection. It features a shatterproof polycarbonate lens and a water-resistant stainless steel material.
For white light, this underwater lighting system uses 6 Cree LEDs but 12 Cree LEDs for green, blue, and red illumination. It is exceptionally bright with a 2853 lumens output.
What Are Underwater Boat Lights?
Underwater boat lights are lights installed under the hall, on the transom, the outrigger spreader, or other parts of the boat. They improve safety by warning other boat owners of your presence, creating a bright boating environment.
Underwater lights are either High-Intensity Discharge (HID) or Light Emitting Diode (LED). HID bulbs have exceptional brightness and generate heat. LED lights are also as bright but produce less heat than incandescent bulbs. They also use less energy and offer customizability.
A great way to differentiate underwater LED boat lights is through their installation. Wireless boat lights do not need wiring or drilling holes.
You simply attach wireless lights with marine glue or tape. However, they have limited light input since they are powered by batteries. On the other hand, wired lights need wiring to connect them to a power source.
There are at least four types of underwater boat lights:
- Flood Lights – Also known as navigation lights, they improve visibility while traveling at night.
- Fishing Lights – These attract fish to the boat or observe marine life.
- Aesthetic Lights – They are primarily used to create an appealing effect, but they also enhance visibility.
- Drain Plug Lights – These are mounted on the drain plug to illuminate it.
When looking for reliable underwater boat lights, choose those with at least 600 to 1000 lumens, especially for small boats.
If you want more illumination power, check for those with 3000 to 6000 lumens. In addition, check the lifespan of the underwater boat light. The average lifespan should be a service time of 50,000 hours before burnout.
Are these boat lights beneficial? Yes, and here’s why.
Benefits of Underwater Boat Lights
These are four reasons why you should install underwater boat lights.
Bright LED underwater lights attract shrimps, planktons, and other bait to your vessel. Green lights create a distinct hue and are more effective at drawing fish. You can switch from white to green light to maximize fishing efficiency.
Lights will prevent collisions because other boats will spot you from a distance. Underwater lighting also illuminates the area you choose for night swimming or diving, hence improving your safety.
It is not unusual to hit or scratch your boat on rocks or other surfaces. When this happens, you have to incur costs to fix the damages as well as your time and money.
However, once you install underwater lights, you can safely dock and prevent these setbacks.
Enhances Your Boat’s Appearance
It would be impractical not to acknowledge that these boat lights give your boat an appealing appearance, regardless of the color you choose. The lighting also commands the attention from passersby.
Underwater boat lights improve safety, beauty, and fishing. Therefore, invest only in the best reliable lights.
The Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Underwater Light delivers exceptional brightness with over 6000 lumens. It features premium, naval-grade bronze housing that is the most durable marine metal.
The light can withstand elements and comes with a heavy-tempered glass lens. Its blue and white colors are customizable into a color-shifting mode to create an aesthetic effect.