Night fishing is one of the few ways to spend time if you want a relaxing evening. It’s also an effective way to catch fish because they become more active at night.
Now, if you’re an angler who wants to try it, you might be finding new ways to get fish attracted. Well, you don’t have to worry because you’ll be able to entice fish in no time with an underwater fishing light!
There are many underwater light options in the market. So, in case you still haven’t found one, this article is for you!
If you’re wondering, here’s a more in depth guide on fishing at night.
Our Top Picks
7 Best Underwater Fishing Lights
1. 180 LED Submersible Fishing Light
Best Submersible Fishing Light
- SUPER BRIGHT: 14 Watts, 180 SMD super bright LED lights. LED...
- HIGH QUALITY: Our fishing light lure is made of high quality...
- EASY TO USE: The fish suction light comes with a 16ft power...
- Features 180-SMD super bright LED light with 1300 lumens
- Made with led and aluminum alloy frame for durability
- Waterproof and leakproof build
- Comes in three colors: white, green, and blue
This fishing light is your companion for fishing at night. It can go up to 5 meters deep and features watertight rubber caps for waterproofness. Additionally, it includes green lights, which are very attractive to fish. It’s also backed with an 18-month warranty!
2. Taysing LED Submersible Fishing Light
Best for Deep Sea Fishing
- 【Durable】Portable, compact size for easy carrying and...
- 【Waterproof】Supports 12 to 24 volts both AC and DC, deep...
- 【High Brightness】10 watts, 120 super bright SMD LED...
- Has green led lights for maximum fishing outcomes
- Portable and is IP68 waterproof
- Features 120-SMD Super Bright LED lights with 1000 lumens
This super bright light is your ideal fishing light if you’re into fresh and saltwater fishing. It has an energy-saving feature, allowing you to use it for a maximum of 30,000 hours.
Another great feature is its 8-sided lamp, which gives you a 360-view. Not only that, but it’s also suitable for deep water fishing, thanks to its 1000-lumen lights!
3. Saltwater & Freshwater Green Underwater Dock and Fish Attracting Light Kit
Best Permanently-Mounted Fishing Light
- Voted #1 Underwater Fishing Light by FishingPicks online...
- For saltwater this is better than any LED dock light system....
- Arrives Complete With Everything Needed To Enjoy The Same...
- Comes with a heavy-duty marine-grade cord for long-lasting use
- 7,900-lumen light bulb for extreme brightness
- Has a UL-approved GFCI Plug
- Includes tools and instructions for easy installation
The Green Glow Dock Light is a permanently-mounted light that suits docks, boat lifts, and seawalls. What’s great about this fishing light attractor is its hand-built light bulb that emits 7,900 lumens.
It’s also easy to install using the tools that come with it. Lastly, it comes with a built-in photocell, so you won’t have to worry about leaving it on.
4. Fire-Water Marine 12V 25″ MAXX LED
Best Portable Sinking Lights for Saltwater Fishing
- THE ULTIMATE 12V LED Green Underwater Night Fishing Light
- NOW WITH BLACK MARINE CABLE, HEAVIER GLAND, AND SALT WATER...
- 10,000 Lumens -- 120 Watts of Power. No better light even at...
- Portable and lightweight at only 25 inches
- Has 300 LEDs with 10,000 lumens
- Comes with a black marine-grade power cord and cigarette lighter power adapter
Among many portable drop lights in the market, the Green Lantern Maxx is one of the best because it’s compact, powerful, and bright.
With its powerful battery, it’s sure to last up to 50,000 hours of continuous use. Besides these, it comes with saltwater-resistant caps for durability.
5. Hydro Glow Underwater LED Fishing Lights
Best Versatile Fishing Light
- Comes in three different sizes: 12 in, 24 in, and 48 in
- Includes up to 648 high-out LEDs and up to 4,000 lumens
- Comes with a waterproof connecter and can run on a 12V power source
- Provides a 360-degree light pattern for a larger scope
The Hydro Glow underwater lights are a great option for fishing, providing a 360-degree light pattern that’s energy-efficient.
Its lights are virtually unbreakable and can last up to 80,000 hours. Additionally, it comes in different sizes and lumen capacities, so it’ll fit your needs.
6. OceanLED X-Series Underwater LED Lights
Best Modern Night Fishing Light
- Has up to 5800 lumens and 4500 fixture lumens
- Comes in three different light colors: blue, white, and multicolor
- 60-degree circular beam angle for multiple mounting options and light spread
The OceanLED X-Series offers the brightness and performance you need for fishing. This underwater light comes with focused optics, allowing each LED to penetrate the water for a larger illuminated area.
Another awesome feature is its Fish-Strobe mode that emits a random strobe pattern that baitfish and other saltwater species.
7. Hydro Glow 10″ LED Fishing Light Green
Best Light for Ultra-Low Battery Consumption
- Emits green color for attracting fish easily
- 22 watts power consumption
- Made with all metal construction for durability
This night fishing light provides a 360-degree light pattern in the water to help you see better in low-light situations. It also features a waterproof power cord that can connect to an accessory plug.
You can use it for ice fishing to catch big fish, including striped bass! With its all-metal build, this LED light is sure to help you find even the toughest predator fish.
Things to Consider When Buying Underwater Fishing Lights
There are many fishing light options that you can find in the market. With this, finding the best one can be tricky. If you’re looking for a light that’ll fit your needs, here’s what you should find.
One key factor to consider when buying a submersible fishing light is the brightness of the lamp.
A lamp with higher brightness is more effective at night because it allows you to see your catch better and more clearly. To entice a large amount of fish, you need to have at least 800 lumens of light.
Lumens are a unit measurement of visible light that determines a light source’s brightness and light output. When choosing underwater lights, make sure that it has the appropriate lumen rating. Now you can make your night brighter with a higher lumen rating.
There are three types of lights you can choose from:
- Covered bulb systems are the most expensive and feature the newest technology.
- Uncovered bulb systems are generally powered by mercury vapor or metal halides, so they don’t require much maintenance.
- LEDs are the newest underwater fishing light option. However, these lights aren’t ideal if you want your light to be permanently fixed.
Floating or Submersible
Floating lights are those that float on the water surface. On the other hand, submersible lights are used underwater. Most lights float, but some come with weights so they can sink.
When looking for the best submersible fishing light, it’s important to consider its size and weight. With this, consider the size of the fish you want to catch and your boat’s size.
Additionally, it would be best if you also took note of how much storage you have.
Most of the underwater fishing lights are durable, but some are not. Thus, getting a fishing light with a long warranty is crucial. With this, you should always research the product you’re buying before you buy it.
Portable or Permanently Fixed
Portable underwater fishing lights usually have low intensities. However, you can carry them with you anywhere and attach them to your boat or dock.
On the other hand, permanently fixed lights are those that you can install on a dock. Generally, these are more effective when used regularly and are safer.
The light color you should use depends on the species you want to attract. There are various light colors in the market, including blue, green, and white. A green light attracts fish but can also entice squid and crappie.
While blue and white lights are also effective, they’re not as strong and enticing to fish as green lights. Thus, most anglers choose a green light for maximum results.
All bulbs are waterproof and sealed. The highest-rated submersible lights are best to ensure that they’re water-resistant. Additionally, the power cord and other connecting equipment should also be waterproof for your safety.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which color is best when using underwater fishing lights?
You should keep in mind three colors when catching fish: blue, green, and white. However, green lights work best because they have more range and strongly draw fish in.
How do underwater fishing lights lure fish?
When placed in the water, the light makes particles that enhance a natural food source for bait. Once the light attracts the bait, it attracts bigger fish like snook, tarpon, and bass.
Are underwater lights bad for fish?
Using an underwater fishing light can cause light pollution in some waters. However, not all lights can harm fish. Experts recommend using low-intensity lights since they’re less harmful to fish.
The Best Underwater Fishing Light for Your Tackle Box
Whether you’re in a boat or in the middle of the ocean, you can enjoy your fishing experience with fishing lights. With the right equipment at hand, you’ll be able to get results in less time and enjoy your fishing trip more!
You might also want to check out Green Blob light works for those who haven’t found something they like. Now, if you’re ready, get your fishing lines and fish finder ready. It’s time to catch the game fish!