There are thousands of vacuum sealer products on the market, but most of them don’t work very well.
All these different brands and models can be overwhelming. How do you know which one to buy? What’s the best way to choose a vacuum sealer for your needs?
We’ve tested dozens of vacuums so we can help you find the right one fast. Our reviews will show you exactly what each product does and how it compares to others in its class so you can find the best vacuum sealer for you.
Plus, our buying guide has all the tips and tricks you need to get started with vacuum sealing today!
In case you’re wondering, here are our other recommended tools for your kitchen!
7 Best Vacuum Sealers
- Top-of-the-line Performer Vacuum Sealer – Weston Pro-2300 Vacuum Sealer
- Highest-rated Vacuum Sealer – Weston 65-0501-W Professional Advantage Vacuum Sealer
- Best Compact Vacuum Sealer – GERYON Vacuum Sealer Machine
- Budget-friendly Automatic Vacuum Sealer – FoodSaver FM2000 Vacuum Sealer
- Most Versatile Vacuum Sealer – NESCO VS-12, Deluxe Vacuum Sealer
- Most Recommended Vacuum Sealer – Vacuum Sealer Machine by Mueller
- Best Vacuum Sealer for Sous Vide – Anova Precision Vacuum Sealer
1. Weston Pro-2300 Vacuum Sealer
Top-of-the-line Performer Vacuum Sealer
- Powerful, pro-performance; Heavy duty construction and 935…
- Quick and easy; Just press start; Double piston pump seal…
- Seals through moisture; Extra wide, 5 millimeters seal bar…
- Double piston vacuum pump: Gives 28” HG vacuum strength with a power of 935 watts
- Bright LED lights: Illuminates each setting on the control panel for an easy monitoring process
- Automatic mode: Features a one-touch vacuum-to-seal option
- Manual seal mode: Helps you control the amount of vacuum pressure
- Clear acrylic vacuum lid: Perfect for bag alignment while sealing
The Weston Pro is a stainless steel commercial-grade vacuum sealer that provides compact models’ convenience. It is simple to operate with either ‘Automatic’ or ‘Manual’ mode.
It comes with the power and components for reliable, repetitive use making it a smart choice for vacuum sealing large volumes of food.
2. Weston 65-0501-W Professional Advantage Vacuum Sealer
Highest-rated Vacuum Sealer
- 11” long seal bar ideal for most vacuum seal bags
- One-touch controls with optional manual mode: Controls delicate sealing
- Angled ceiling plate: Prevents moisture from being drawn up into the bag
- Commercial quality vacuum pump with fan-cooled motor: Maintains consistent, reliable sealing that won’t overheat
The Weston 65-0501-W Professional Advantage is the perfect tool for the modern foodie!
This handy device creates an airtight seal around meat, cheese, and vegetables to extend their freshness and taste. It also features optional accessories and marinate modes that are sold separately.
3. GERYON Vacuum Sealer Machine
Best Compact Vacuum Sealer
- Food vacuum sealer removes air from specially designed bags….
- Two Sealing Modes: Geryon vacuum food sealer is designed…
- Separated Design: you can take off the upper lid to clean…
- Multi-layer material heat seals: Keeps air out, which reduces spoilage
- Two sealing modes: For additional best possible food preservation, allows you to reseal bags
- Compact size and lightweight design: For easy moving and storing
- User-friendly operation: Fully automatic vacuum sealing process, LED indicator lights, soft-touch digital buttons, electric plug-in, and control panel placed on the top
- Separated compact design: For easy and safe cleaning
The GERYON Vacuum Sealer is well-known among savvy shoppers and busy home chefs. Its definite selling point is its sleek, compact design that is ideal for minimalist set-ups.
Using special vacuum sealer bags also allows you to remove air from around your food to keep it fresher longer.
4. FoodSaver FM2000 Vacuum Sealer
Budget-friendly Automatic Vacuum Sealer
- VERSATILITY & CONVENIENCE IN THE KITCHEN: When food is…
- SIMPLE TO USE: Just add food to the bag, insert the open end…
- STRETCH YOUR DOLLAR: Food preserved with the FoodSaver…
- New technology: Minimizes bag material used up to 40% less than traditional FoodSaver units
- Auto vacuum: Keeps air out and creates a consistent strong heat seal which stops automatically once the tight seal is done
- Seal buttons: Create custom-sized bags easily
- Easy-lock latch: Strongest vacuum seal for securing the bag
FoodSaver FM2000 is a perfect tool to help you preserve your food up to 5x longer, saving you money. This system is ideal for the modern cook with a sleek, compact design and easy-to-use manual operation.
The device also includes (3) 1-quart bags, (2) 1-gallon bags, (1) 11” x 10” bag rolls, and an accessory hose.
5. NESCO VS-12, Deluxe Vacuum Sealer
Most Versatile Vacuum Sealer
- OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE: 130 watt, 25. 1 InHG double vacuum pump…
- VARIABLE SETTINGS: Includes 3 settings – dry, moist and…
- EASY-LOCK HANDLE: The easy-lock handle makes one-handed…
- 130-Watt double vacuum pump: Utilizes maximum air extraction when sealing larger food items
- Optional double seal: For additional security and strength when sealing liquid-based or moist food items
- Easy lock handle: For smooth and easy one-handed operation
- Built-in roll storage compartment and bag cutter: Maintains food fresh for up to 5 times longer than traditional methods
The NESCO VS-12 Deluxe Vacuum Sealer is a versatile performer with the added benefit of controlling the suction. You can choose between the three “Seal” settings—Dry, Moist, and Double.
Then select your vacuum pressure—Normal or Gentle—to keep delicate items safe. For delicate items like pastries, buns, and cut produce. You can also choose the pulse vacuum function to control the suction.
6. Vacuum Sealer Machine by Mueller
Most Recommended Vacuum Sealer
- ❇️ SAVE MONEY AND TIME: Cooking and meal preparation is…
- ❇️ COULDN’T BE EASIER: Fully automatic simple electric…
- ❇️ DUAL SEALING MODES: Useful and practical, the MUELLER…
- Fully automatic and simple electric plug-in design
- More economical and faster, making meal preparation easier and saving money
- Control center and LED indicator lights with soft digital buttons: For easy monitoring process
- Dual sealing modes: Dry setting for solid food items and moist environment for simmered, poached, steamed food items
One of the excellent features of this vacuum sealer is its ability to preserve food, including baby food, by blocking mold and bacteria growth.
It will help you prepare your food for a day in advance and save you time and effort. It includes an air suction hose, five medium vacuum bags, and one extra-long vacuum bag roll.
7. Anova Precision Vacuum Sealer
Best Vacuum Sealer for Sous Vide
- SEAL THE DEAL: Vacuum sealing is hands down the best way to…
- WHAT TO COOK: Sous vide cooking s the perfect level of…
- POWER AT THE PUSH OF A BUTTON: The all-new Anova Precision…
- Compact design that is easy to store
- BPA-free durable plastic construction: Lasts long use
- One-touch controls: Easy to operate and achieve ideal vacuum-sealed bag
- Precision vacuum sealer: Handles any bag length
Sous vide cooking is an excellent way to ensure it’s cooked to the perfect taste level for nearly any food of your choosing.
A vacuum sealer like the Anova is reliable, compact, and simple to use. It’s now easy to achieve restaurant-quality cooking results at home with the push of a button!
Things to Consider When Buying Vacuum Sealers
The vacuum sealer machine provides pre-cut bags if you’re in it for bag rolls.
Although the units themselves are more compact, you’ll have to keep track of two separate things if the rolls don’t store inside the unit.
Higher-end vacuum sealers work with fancy buttons for things such as pulsing or sealing moist foods. Others might also have to pack not only different-sized bags but also containers for marinating foods.
Meanwhile, some lower-end models come with fewer features as they are inexpensive. The good thing is that they tend to take up less counter space yet still work well.
Vacuum Sealer Type
Vacuum sealers come in different types for specific kitchen needs.
Many vacuum sealers are external vacuum sealers which are the most popular option on the market. They are designed to quickly suck out the air before sealing a bag or plastic bag roll. In this way, they can provide you with a quick seal time.
The vacuum sealing of bulk food is no easy feat requiring a thick interior for pint-sized mason jars. These models are typically used by professionals and tend to be significantly more expensive than external vacuum sealers.
Handheld sealers are a great option when you’re in the field. They’re portable, cordless, and have less suction power than their countertop counterparts, so they’re not ideal for everyday use.
The easy way to avoid a vacuum sealer malfunction and prolong its life is to make sure liquids don’t get sucked into it.
Freeze them first or flip the vacuum sealer on its side while it’s in use. In this way, the bag tilts downward to prevent liquids from getting into it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sealed frozen food can last for five to ten years. However, it can last for only several weeks in the refrigerator.
You can expect a life of about a month in the fridge for vacuum-sealed meat and two to three years in the freezer. Whole fish or large fish filets can last two to three years in the freezer and five days in the fridge.
You can easily vacuum-seal soft foods like bread and lettuce and wet foods like stews and soups in zip-top bags.
Some people also like to freeze their bread, cake, and other loaves to hold their shape better before vacuum sealing them. Vacuum sealing can extend the life of lettuce in the fridge for up to 2 weeks!
Vegetables can last up to two weeks in the refrigerator and three years in the freezer, while uncooked rice can last up to three years!
With so many options, there are food vacuum sealers out there to suit your needs. Hopefully, with the help of these recommendations, you can find the best vacuum sealer that will fit you and your kitchen in no time!