As a fisherman, you know that it’s important to be prepared for any weather condition. That’s why you’ll want to have one of the best waterproofing sprays for your outdoor fabrics. In this blog post, we’ll list seven of the best waterproofing spray for outdoor fabric on the market as of 2023.
Stay dry while fishing in any weather with one of these products!
7 Best Waterproofing Spray for Outdoor Fabric
- Best for Outdoor Clothing-Sof Sole Unisex-Adult Silicone Waterproofer
- Best for Outdoor Furniture-Scotchgard Heavy Duty Water Shield
- Best for All Types of Foot Apparel –Forcefield Unisex-Adult Waterproof Spray
- Best for Waterproof Garments –Nikwax TX.Direct® Spray-On Waterproofing
- Best for Leather and Synthetic Combination Footwear –Nikwax Fabric & Leather Proof™ Waterproofing Spray
- Best for All Types of Fabrics –Fabric Guard – For Outdoor Fabrics
- Best Water Repellent Spray for Fabric Soles-The Art of Crep Protect Spray
1. Sof Sole Unisex-Adult Silicone Waterproofer
Best for Outdoor Clothing
- Aerosol spray that offers easy application
- A 12 percent silicone formula that offers durability
- Repels water, dirt, and oil for long periods
- Ideal for outdoor hunting apparel and other outdoor gear
- Contraindicated for breathable technical fibers (such as GORE-TEX) and athletic shoes
Sof Sole Heavy Duty Waterproofer is a silicone-based waterproof spray that helps keep your gear dryer longer by creating a long-lasting waterproof bond and repelling water and oil during wear.
It’s perfect for outdoor apparel, work gear, and outdoor equipment. This camp-dry heavy-duty waterproofing spray is also good for repelling stains.
2. Scotchgard Heavy Duty Water Shield
Best for Outdoor Furniture
- Long-lasting water repellent with just one spray
- Safe for sensitive fabrics such as polyester, nylon, polypropylene, cotton, leather, suede
- Used on outerwear and other outdoor gear
This high-powered water-repellent spray can be used on a variety of fabric types without diminishing their quality, breathability, or color. You can use it to safeguard the upholstery of your outdoor furniture, suitcases, and other items, making it a well-rounded, worthwhile purchase.
3. Forcefield Unisex-Adult Waterproof Spray
Best for All Types of Foot Apparel
- Provides water protection for any footwear, outerwear, and hats
- One application treatment can last up to 12 months
- Protects the material from staining and fading because of UV rays with just one coat
- Offers quick dry feature that will only take 23 minutes
- Composed of a hydrophobic formula that repels water while also maintaining the natural breathability
This stain-repellent spray is perfect for all kinds of footwear, as it creates a water-repelling barrier and armor protection against all types of elements for your shoes, backpacks, and hats.
The fence acts as a shield that offers moisture and UV protection for your shoes. This product will not leave any sticky residue on the soles of your footwear.
4. Nikwax TX.Direct® Spray-On Waterproofing
Best for Waterproof Garments
- Spray-on application
- Proven to repel water for synthetic outerwear
- High-performance waterproofing while maintaining fabric’s breathability and color
- Effective water repellent on all breathable laminates such as Gore-Tex, coatings, microfibers, and natural fibers
- Water-based and biodegradable
If you’re looking to effectively waterproof clothing and synthetic material, look no further than Nikwax TX.Direct® Spray-On Waterproofing.
It prevents moisture from penetrating the fabric without compromising its breathability, a common problem with many products in the space. Because it does not contain any fluorocarbons or volatile organic compounds, Nikwax Direct Spray is safe for the planet and can be broken down naturally.
In other words, safe for you and the environment you enjoy.
Best for Leather and Synthetic Combination Footwear
- Easy spray-on application for footwear made of leather and synthetic materials
- Non-silicone-based sprays, biodegradable
- Contains no fluorocarbons or VOCs
- Maintains the breathability of footwear when applied
Nikwax Fabric and Leather Proof is a good waterproof synthetic and leather footwear spray. This non-silicone-based waterproofing spray is an environmentally friendly product that is safe and easy to apply.
6. Fabric Guard – For Outdoor Fabrics
Best for All Types of Fabrics
- Safe for all types of fabric
- Restores factory waterproofing of delicate fabrics
- Repels moisture and stains with multiple layers
- Used on upholstery, cushions, umbrellas, life jackets, suede, canvas, and other fabrics
Fabric Guard is effective and safe for all fabrics, restoring their water repellency to factory levels.
It creates an odorless protective coating to protect your material from moisture and stains without altering its natural color, feel, and breathability.
7. The Art of Crep Protect Spray
Best Water Repellent Spray for Fabric Soles
- Easy aerosol spray-on application
- Effective waterproof spray for fabric soles
- Also effective on canvas, suede, and nubuck
- offers stain protection
- Creates an invisible barrier on shoe soles to protect them from moisture and dirt
Waterproofing your shoes’ fabric soles has never been easier since the arrival of Art of Crep Protect Spray. It employs nanotechnology to produce an invisible shield against water and dirt that will keep your shoes in pristine condition and your toes dry.
This item can be used without worry, dries quickly, has a two-week shelf life, and has no discernible odor, so the shoes aren’t related to the outdoors only.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Waterproofing Spray
When choosing the best waterproof spray to suit your needs, consider the product’s durability. Please select the one that can do its job and repel liquids for a long time.
A good waterproof spray should protect your fabric from all types of elements while also allowing easy application; it should offer proper protection for your material, is heavy-duty, and is long-lasting.
You can apply the waterproof sprays to what you wear or what you use. Choose the best one that is also the safest for you. Those products with harmful chemicals may also harm you, especially when your skin comes in contact with these chemicals.
Look into the composition of your waterproofing spray options and try to research each ingredient to know that what you purchase is safe for your fabric and your health.
Potential Fabric Alteration
A good waterproofing spray does not affect your fabric or damage it. Choose the waterproof spray that will not affect your fabric’s breathability and its natural color.
Ensure that your fabric’s feel and texture remain the same even when you apply multiple coatings of the waterproof spray.
Waterproofing sprays are readily available, but not all of them can be used on or are safe for use with every material. Knowing which ones are safe for your material to avoid ruining your possessions is essential for gear maintenance.
To determine which waterproof spray is best for you and your fabric, it is necessary to be familiar with the ingredients found in each.
Ease of Use
There are many easy-to-use options, and you might want to consider those, especially when you do not want the hassle. Choose the easiest to use when you are outdoors. Many options offer easy-application spray bottles, so you might want to look into those.
Frequently Asked Questions
The distance usually depends on the product you are using, but the length should be around 6 to 9 inches for the spray to be effective. Make sure that the fabric sprayed on is clean so that the coating will be uniform.
Yes, waterproof sprays may expire. The expiration would again depend on the brand of the product. You can usually find the expiration date on the back of the can or the bottle.
However, if you do not see any expiration date, remember to shake the bottle well before using it, and then you’re good to go!
Get your Fabrics Protected
Whether it’s your footwear, outerwear, or any other furniture and gear at home, you only want what’s best for them. Keeping your belongings out of moisture and any other element protects them from getting damaged and destroyed.
Before deciding which waterproofing sprays to purchase for your fabric, it’s always best to read different waterproofing spray reviews, just like this article.