Planning to buy the waterproofing spray that will best keep the moisture and stains out of your outdoor fabric?
No worries! This article lists the best waterproofing spray for outdoor fabric essentials based on customer reviews, product descriptions, and price worth.
Find the right one for you!
Our Top Picks
7 Best Waterproofing Spray for Outdoor Fabric
1. Sof Sole Unisex-Adult Silicone Waterproofer
Best for Outdoor Clothing
- 12 percent silicone formula creates durable, long lasting...
- Aerosol can offers easy application
- Ideal for use on hiking or work boots, tents, camping and...
- Aerosol spray that offers easy application
- A 12 percent silicone formula that offers durability
- Repels water, dirt, and oil for long periods
- Ideal for outdoor hunting apparel and other outdoor gear
- Contraindicated for breathable technical fibers (such as GORE-TEX) and athletic shoes
Sof Sole Heavy Duty Waterproofer is a silicone-based waterproof spray that helps keep your gear dryer longer by creating a long-lasting waterproof bond and repelling water and oil during wear.
It’s perfect for outdoor apparel, work gear, and outdoor equipment. This camp-dry heavy-duty waterproofing spray is also good for repelling stains.
2. Scotchgard Heavy Duty Water Shield
Best for Outdoor Furniture
- Creates durable Protection from the elements with just one...
- Safe for use on polyester, Nylon, polypropylene, cotton,...
- Ideal for use on outerwear, Rain gear, umbrellas, patio...
- Long-lasting water repellent with just one spray
- Safe for sensitive fabrics such as polyester, nylon, polypropylene, cotton, leather, suede
- Used on outerwear and other outdoor gear
This heavy-duty water-repellent spray is useful on different fabric surfaces without affecting the fabric quality, breathability, and color. It can also serve as an upholstery protector for your patio furniture, luggage, and other outdoor items.
3. Forcefield Unisex-Adult Waterproof Spray
Best for All Types of Foot Apparel
- Provides a protectant water repellent barrier for stains and...
- Invisible coating protects footwear and gear from UV fading...
- Quick dry time cures within 23 minutes on easy spray on...
- Provides water protection for any footwear, outerwear, and hats
- One application treatment can last up to 12 months
- Protects the material from staining and fading because of UV rays with just one coat
- Offers quick dry feature that will only take 23 minutes
- Composed of a hydrophobic formula that repels water while also maintaining the natural breathability
This stain repellent spray is perfect for all kinds of footwear, as it creates a water-repelling barrier and armor protection against all types of elements for your shoes, backpacks, and hats.
The fence acts as a shield that offers moisture and UV protection for your shoes. This product will not leave any sticky residue on the soles of your footwear.
4. Nikwax TX.Direct® Spray-On Waterproofing
Best for Waterproof Garments
- Spray-on application
- Proven to repel water for synthetic outerwear
- High-performance waterproofing while maintaining fabric’s breathability and color
- Effective water repellent on all breathable laminates such as Gore-Tex, coatings, microfibers, and natural fibers
- Water-based and biodegradable
Nikwax TX.Direct® Spray-On Waterproofing is a high-performing waterproofing spray that is effective on synthetic and waterproof garments.
It keeps moisture out of the fabric without damaging the fabric’s breathability. With no fluorocarbons and VOCs, Nikwax Direct Spray is environmentally friendly and biodegradable.
Best for Leather and Synthetic Combination Footwear
- Easy spray-on application for footwear made of leather and synthetic materials
- Non-silicone-based sprays, biodegradable
- Contains no fluorocarbons or VOCs
- Maintains the breathability of footwear when applied
Nikwax Fabric and Leather Proof is a good waterproof spray for your synthetic and leather footwear. This non-silicone-based waterproofing spray is an environmentally friendly product that is safe and easy to apply.
6. Fabric Guard – For Outdoor Fabrics
Best for All Types of Fabrics
- For outdoor fabrics
- Restores water repellency to factory new levels
- Repels moisture and stains
- Safe for all types of fabric
- Restores factory waterproofing of delicate fabrics
- Repels moisture and stains with multiple layers
- Used on upholstery, cushions, umbrellas, life jackets, suede, canvas, and other fabrics
Fabric Guard is effective and safe for all fabrics, restoring their water repellency to factory levels.
It creates an odorless protective coating to protect your material from moisture and stains without altering its natural color, feel, and breathability.
7. The Art of Crep Protect Spray
Best Water Repellent Spray for Fabric Soles
- Easy-use 5 oz aerosol spray bottle
- Works on suede, canvas, or nubuck
- Protects footwear with an invisible barrier
- Easy aerosol spray-on application
- Effective waterproof spray for fabric soles
- Also effective on canvas, suede, and nubuck
- offers stain protection
- Creates an invisible barrier on shoe soles to protect them from moisture and dirt
The Art of Crep Protect Spray is an effective waterproofing spray for fabric soles. It uses nanotechnology to create an invisible protective layer that prevents your shoes from getting spoiled from rain or stains.
This product has no strong odor, is easy to use, dries quickly, and can last for up to two weeks.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Waterproofing Spray
When choosing the best waterproof spray to suit your needs, consider the product’s durability. Please select the one that can do its job and repel liquids for a long time.
A good waterproof spray should protect your fabric from all types of elements while also allowing easy application; it should offer proper protection for your material, is heavy-duty and long-lasting.
You can apply the waterproof sprays to what you wear or what you use. Choose the best one that is also the safest for you. Those products with harmful chemicals may also harm you, especially when your skin comes in contact with these chemicals.
Look into the composition of your waterproofing spray options and try to research each ingredient to know that what you purchase is safe for your fabric and your health.
Potential Fabric Alteration
A good waterproofing spray does not affect your fabric or damage it. Choose the waterproof spray that will not affect your fabric’s breathability and its natural color.
Make sure that the feel and texture of your fabric remain the same even when you apply multiple coatings of the waterproof spray.
Not all waterproofing sprays are compatible or allowed on all types of fabric. You have to know which are good for your material so that you won’t end up damaging your things.
You must know the composition of the different waterproof sprays to find the most suitable one for you and your fabric.
Ease of Use
There are many easy-to-use options, and you might want to consider those, especially when you do not want the hassle. Choose the easiest to use when you are outdoors. Many options offer easy application spray bottles, so you might want to look into those.
Frequently Asked Questions
How far should I apply the spray?
The distance usually depends on the product you are using, but the length should be around 6 to 9 inches for the spray to be effective. Make sure that the fabric sprayed on is clean so that the coating will be uniform.
Does waterproof spray expire?
Yes, waterproof sprays may expire. The expiration would again depend on the brand of the product. You can usually find the expiration date at the back of the can or the bottle.
However, if you do not see any expiration date, remember to shake the bottle well before using it, and then you’re good to go!
Get your Fabrics Protected
Whether it’s your footwear, outerwear, or any other furniture and gear at home, you only want what’s best for them. Keeping your belongings out of moisture and any other element protects them from getting damaged and destroyed.
Before deciding which waterproofing sprays to purchase for your fabric, it’s always best to read different waterproofing spray reviews, just like this article.
The Anglers Behind This Article: