Finding an ideal lure when white bass fishing is not as simple as buying a new bait or casting your current selection. Having the right lures with good characteristics and traits will help make them more enticing to your targeted species.
So how do you find the best white bass lures? This is the complete guide you need to help get you started. Here are eight must-have lures in 2023 you need to check out for your next fishing trip.
Best White Bass Lures
- Best Lure Kit – Mepps Maurice Sporting Dressed Lure
- Most Realistic Artificial Lure – Catch Co Mike Bucca Baby Bull Shad Swimbait
- Best for Beginners – Yakima Bait Wordens Rooster Tail Spinner Lure
- Best Lure for White Bass – Strike King Red Eye Shad Bait
- Best Saltwater Lure – Acme Kastmaster Lure with BuckTail Hook
- Best Simple Lure – Storm WildEye Swim Shad
- Best Compact Lure – Bottom Sweeper Jigs
- Best Versatile Lure – Nomad Design DTX Minnow
1. Mepps Maurice Sporting Dressed Lure
Best Lure Kit
- Feature solid brass bodies
- Anti-chipping or cracking beads
- All three lures are ideal for trophy bass
- Produces a flash and vibration no other lure can duplicate
If you’re looking for a fishing kit deal, then look no further than this one. It contains six different unique lures. The Mepps Dressed is a great lure assortment kit that will provide you with the chance to try out different lures, including spinners.
These lures ensure you have the best experience in the water. The kit is as durable as beautiful, with a shiny brass-plated lure, and offers various others to choose from.
2. Catch Co Mike Bucca Baby Bull Shad Swimbait
Most Realistic Artificial Lure
- Slow Sinking
- Comes with two sharp and sticky tri hooks
- Made with a durable plastic swimbait bass lure
- Doesn’t require specialized gear or fishing tackle
Catch Co’s bucca baby bull shad swimbait is an absolute must-have for any angler. This heavy-duty realistic fishing lure has four parts that make it look like it’s a fish swimming.
It will lure in white bass in no time!
3. Yakima Bait Wordens Rooster Tail Spinner Lure
Best for Beginners
- Versatile multi-species lure
- Pulsating hackle tail attracts fish
- Features a unique spinning action
- Has an in-line weighted body design
Yakima Lure Wordens Rooster Tail is a lure that will catch any fish! It’s unique because of the way it spins and has a pulsating hackle tail.
The in-line weighted body allows for an exciting spinning action that appeals to both novice and advanced anglers.
4. Strike King Red Eye Shad Bait
Best Lure for White Bass
- Features Lipless crankbait
- Realistically designed detailing
- Designed to provide great action
- Comes with dual sharp treble hooks
The red-eye shad is a small and medium-sized bait with a body that resembles a fish.
It has two treble hooks on its body designed to hook fish efficiently and one medium-sized crankbait hook on its tail, making it an ideal lure for white bass fishing.
5. Acme Kastmaster Lure with BuckTail Hook
Best Saltwater Lure
- Made to last
- Expert anglers field-test the product
- Ideal for salmon, steelhead, and many saltwater species
- Built from solid brass, preventing it from corroding while retaining its luster
Many anglers love the Acme Kasmaster spoon. This spoon is compact, with a slender shape, and casts well with minimal effort.
It’s easy to use and can be fished throughout the entire water column. It won’t bend or rust because it’s made from solid brass.
6. Storm WildEye Swim Shad
Best Simple Lure
- Easy to use
- Feature lifelike soft hand-poured bodies.
- Includes internal lead heads and bio-salt impregnated tails
- Durable baits are pre-rigged with superior VMC needlepoint hooks
Storm Lures is a company that produces quality premium lures which are designed for any angler.
Their products are easy to use and make for a deadly duo, as they provide an effective bait-and-hook combination. These baits will attract any fish and are heavy enough to cast long distances, which is great for white bass fishing.
7. Bottom Sweeper Jigs
Best Compact Lure
- Simple, small, and compact
- Built with a compact profile for an easy hook-up ratio
- Designed to resist rollover with an astounding front-to-rear balance
- Withstands the rigors and punishment of some of the hardest-fighting fish
Bottom Sweeper Jigs are designed to provide anglers with a low-profile, easy-to-use lure that is easily retrieved. They sit upright on the bottom with the hook point up. Increasing your chances of catching fish.
8. Nomad Design DTX Minnow
Best Versatile Lure
- Inshore and offshore trolling lure
- Built with Diamond Armour and Gorilla Through Wire system
- Features Nomad Design’s Autotune to ensure maximum diving depth
- Fitted with super strong split rings and BKK in-line single or treble hooks
With Nomad Design, you can make sure your lure always swims straight without losing your depth or getting tangled up.
The Autotune design ensures it is always swimming straight. Its design ensures maximum diving depth, which means that you’ll never lose the lure in the water.
Identifying White Sea Bass
The white bass, also called “Sand Bass,” is a small but sturdy fish with a medium to large head that can be very strong, firm, and weigh between 1/2 pounds and 2 pounds, but you can usually find them weighing up to 4 pounds.
Identifying the white bass can be tricky because it’s similar to the striped bass. These two fishes have similar body structures, but there are some key differences between them.
The coloration on the body of the white bass is silver with dark green, light brown back, and sides. They have yellow eyes and two black patches on the back of their tongue.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re out ice fishing, white bass spends the winter deep down at the lake bottom. The depth varies depending on the lake. In the spring, they migrate up streams and rivers to breed.
Their habitat is along shallow waters like open coasts, kelp beds, reefs, and offshore banks.
Spawning white bass occurs in the southern United States in February or early spring and in the northern United States in May. These are pelagic fish, meaning they are found in the open ocean in warmer water temperatures.
White bass lures must be tiny enough to fit in their mouths and closely resemble their natural food. The most effective lures imitate the little minnows or shad that they typically eat on.
Other lures with a lot of flash, motion, and rattles attract white bass and also perform well.
Most white bass is attracted to a variety of lures, the majority of which resemble shad. Most of the time, white and clear hues are best, with chartreuse being favored when visibility is low.
The “slab” type lure, which may be jigged or cast and retrieved, and the plastic grub on a jig head are two popular lures. Spinnerbaits and crankbaits are also effective.
Furthermore, live bait and small-sized, medium-sized mackerel and sardine lures will help you when targeting white bass.
Despite its modest size, white bass may be one of the most gratifying fish to catch. Their eagerness during spawning makes them simple to capture for both beginner and experienced anglers.
Hopefully, we will assist you in picking the best white bass lures. Don’t forget to use this list as a guide when you’re out shopping. Before you go out fishing for white bass, make sure you have the right lure.