I created Cast & Spear to help 1,000,000+ people learn how to catch fish and empower them to protect our waterways for future generations. I can’t do it alone…I need your help.
If you have experience in surf fishing, spearfishing, fly-fishing, bass fishing, and all other forms of fishing, I’d love to have your expertise featured on the site.
I pay $40 for every contributor article that’s published on Cast & Spear.
What Type of Articles Do I Publish on Cast & Spear?
Cast & Spear is a site by anglers, for anglers…no matter what their skill level. Our readers love in-depth, practical how-to guides across a variety of fishing topics. Most importantly, you have to know your stuff. You need real-world experience in the topics you’re writing about to be published on Cast & Spear.
This means that if you want to contribute solely to push a product, service, or website, you’re not qualified to be a contributor. Feel free to contact me for advertising options though.
Article Ideas That Work
If you do want to write because you want to share your knowledge and expertise, here are a few ideas for the type of article that work best (and have a high chance of getting approved):
- The steps you take to do or make something
- Why do you think “X” is great and why people should try/do/have it too
- Something you discovered that works surprisingly well and makes your life better
- A concept you know well that you think a beginner would appreciate if you explain it
Tips to Get Your Article Approved
I don’t publish every article that I receive, only ones that fit the mission of Cast & Spear and meet my editorial standards. This means that I might approve your title or topic, but not approve the final draft due to the quality of the content.
To avoid this, keep these tips in mind when writing a piece:
- Keep the reader in mind and be helpful
- Make sure there isn’t a similar article already published on Cast & Spear by using the search bar
- Be comprehensive and don’t leave any information out
- Write in simple, concise language
- Provide sources for your articles
- Bonus: Provide original photos with your article
Apply to Contribute
Below you’ll find an embedded form you can use to tell us about yourself and the article you want to write. If you’re a good fit, we’ll be in touch with the next steps.