If you’re anything like me, you go crazy every year around Christmas time trying to think of the perfect gift for the anglers in your life. It can be tough, because we tend to be a picky bunch. But don’t worry – I’ve got you covered. Here are 9 ice fishing gifts that don’t suck:
Ice Fishing Gifts You’ll Love
- Gruv Micro Jig Box
- Cold Nation Ice Defense Pro Series
- Frabill Ice Safety Kit
- Columbia Lightweight Packable Backpack
- Catch Co Mystery Tackle Box ICE Fishing Kit
- Eskimo Quickfish Portable Ice Shelter
- Shakespeare Ugly Stik Ice Fishing Pole Combo
- 13 FISHING Wicked Longstem Ice Combo
1. Gruv Micro Jig Box
- Slit silicone mat offers unparalleled strength for holding…
- Clear lid for maximum visibility
- Sleek and compact for ultimate portability
The Gruv Micro Jig Box has a patent-pending silicone anchoring system to ensure that the jigs are well organized for easy access storage. It can hold up to 72 smaller jigs.
You can be sure that your jigs are well taken care of with their polycarbonate coating and neodymium magnetic closure. Even though it has a magnetic closure, you can still open it easily.
If you are finding a particular jig, it is easier to find it because it has a clear lid. It has removable sectional dividers that hold the jigs in place.
The molded silicone makes it possible to place jigs that are of varying sizes. Aside from the micro box, there is also a big box that can hold up to 115 jigs.
2. Cold Nation Ice Defense Pro Series
As the name implies, it allows you to fish in icy water longer without worrying that your hole might freeze up. It works by pulling warm water at the surface to ensure that the hole is well circulated and is free from ice buildup.
This device can be controlled easily, even in the harshest water condition. In addition, it can connect to the transducer line efficiently, making it portable and convenient to use.
It features a sleek design that can go well with any system. Anglers utilize this ice defense in hole hopping or bucket-style fishing. It has a built-in interference rejection circuitry that allows the unit to operate quietly.
This device only draws out minimal power so that the battery life can keep you on ice longer. It comes with a velcro strap and a nylon carrying case.
3. Frabill Ice Safety Kit
- Frabill | Trusted By Anglers Since 1938
- Includes | Whistle, retractable ice picks, and one pair of…
- Safety whistle alerts others to danger
Ice fishing gives a different level of excitement, but it poses risks, so you need protection while you are on your fishing adventure. This Frabill Ice Safety Kit serves as your first aid kit while you are fishing.
It only contains three essential items: snow boots, ice creepers, a whistle with a neck lanyard, and a set of ice picks. It also comes with a 72 inches stretch cord so you can go back to ice safely if you accidentally fall off.
The ice picks included are retractable, and it has a retractable cover to always be on the safe side. The ice creepers consist of carbide spikes.
It is what you will step on to provide your boots good grip so you won’t slip. This is a worth-it gift that every angler will definitely use and abuse on their ice fishing adventure.
4. Columbia Lightweight Packable Backpack
- ALL-PURPOSE DAY PACK: Highly functional and always ready to…
- PACKABLE BACKPACK: Perfect for traveling and picking up…
- ORGANIZED STORAGE: This is a bag designed to haul all your…
You would need a functional bag to place your essentials before heading out to the icy ocean. One of the recommended backpacks that are functional, lightweight, and large carrying capacity is the Columbia Lightweight Packable Backpack.
It is equipped with several compartments to keep your things in order. It has a large main compartment with a divider and a smaller outer storage compartment to place smaller items.
This backpack has a generous capacity of about 21-liter, where you can bring extra clothes, snacks, extra gear, etc. Just by looking at the bag, you’ll have an impression that this bag will last because it’s made from high-quality material.
It also has durable stitching, so you can be sure that it will not easily sag or tear.
5. Catch Co Mystery Tackle Box ICE Fishing Kit
- INSIDE EACH BOX: Each Mystery Tackle Box contains about $25…
- EXCLUSIVE PRODUCTS: Designed for freshwater ICE FISHING,…
- EXPERT CONTENT: Tips, tricks, and instructions to learn new…
If you prefer a unique gift idea, opt for a mystery tackle box like what the Catch Co offers. The fishing accessories included in the kit are commonly used, such as lures specifically made for ice fishing.
There’s also a manual included where each item’s instructions are provided and some tips and tricks to help you enhance your fishing skills.
The mystery tackle box is also available for monthly subscription service for one month, six months, or one year.
It is a perfect gift choice if you want to spoil your loved ones because you know that they will never run out of ice fishing accessories.
- WARM MATERIALS: Polyester knit fabric exterior with a…
- BUILT FOR COLD: A comfortable ergonomic panel construction…
- PURPOSE: Perfect for ice fishing, winter activities, and…
Your outfit during winter fishing wouldn’t be complete without a beanie (paired with the best ice fishing boots) to keep you warm. Striker Ice Windbreaker Beanie is made from pure polyester and has a windproof micro-fleece lining.
This beanie has a tight weave lining to effectively block heavy winds. It is breathable but water-resistant for comfortable wearing.
Beanie is a simple and functional gift. Yet, it is an essential part of every angler’s outfit.
Wearing it is not only suitable for anglers fishing in cold weather, but it can also be used in sunny weather that serves as sun protection. So, if you’re in search of an affordable gift, a beanie can be your go-to option.
7. Eskimo Quickfish Portable Ice Shelter
- UNIQUE 5-SIDED DESIGN: Increases fishable area and interior…
- 60-SECOND SET-UP: Hub design makes set-up and take-down…
- 600 DENIER FULLY-INSULATED:IQ Insulated Quilted fabric is…
In ice fishing, expect that you will be exposed to strong winds, rain, snow, and even from the heat of the sun and not just from extreme coldness. To keep you safe, a portable ice fishing shelter is good to have additional gear while you are on the field.
One of the trusted ice shelters is the Eskimo Quickfish Ice Shelter. It would only take you a couple of minutes to set it up. Staying on this ice shelter will surely make you warm because it is fully insulated.
Some anglers don’t bring ice shelter with them because it is just an added weight to their load, but Eskimo Quickfish is portable and lightweight.
You wouldn’t even notice that you are carrying an additional load. It’s made from high-quality metal hubs and solid fiberglass, so it will surely withstand harsh weather conditions.
8. Shakespeare Ugly Stik Ice Fishing Pole Combo
- Size 20 spinning reel suited for ice applications
- Ported aluminum spool
- Genuine ugly Stik blank with clear tip design
To ensure a good catch, using a spinning reel suitable for ice applications like Shakespeare Ugly Stik Ice Fishing Pole Combo is required.
It has a ported aluminum spool that makes it lightweight and durable, so it’s easier to navigate no matter what kind of fish to catch.
This spinning reel has a modern look that can be used for both left-handed and right-handed anglers.
For portable handling, its handle can be foldeAnglers will truly value a reel given as a presenter because you can be sure of its functionality.
9. 13 FISHING Wicked Longstem Ice Combo
- ice spinning combo for a smooth performance – the 13 fishing…
- perfectly balanced ice rod – built on a premium solid toray…
- wicked ice spinning reeel – its rugged construction includes…
The 13 Fishing Wicked Longstem Ice Combo is a reel and rod setup that is constructed using a solid graphite blank.
To ensure hard water success, it is equipped with an anti-reverse 5-bearing system for quick hooksets. It is efficient in winter weather because its reel is pre-lubed in a defrost lubricant cover.
This reel is equipped with Japanese EVA foam suitable for long hours of fishing. If you choose this as a present, ensure that you get the correct hand orientation because it has separate types for right-handed and left-handed anglers.
In case you’re wondering, here are the best ice fishing rods that you might want to give!
Before giving presents, it’s important to find time to research the person’s interest. We hope our list helped you find the perfect gift for the ice fisher in your life!