You go to the beach to relax, unwind, and enjoy the beautiful weather. Nothing’s comparable to adoring the scenery for a few hours by sitting comfortably on a beach chair.
Like other beach gear, beach chairs come in different features that enhance your outdoor activity.
Here are the best beach chairs in the market that are tried and tested to be durable and functional to add to your beach fishing gear.
Our Top Pick
Best Beach Chairs in 2021
1. Rio Beach 4-Position Lace-Up Backpack Folding Beach Chair
Best in Construction
- The Rio Beach backpack chair offers hands-free portability...
- Adjustable, backpack shoulder strap with large storage...
- Flexible suspension design supports and conforms to your...
- Patented safe adjust technology
- Scratch-resistant and waterproof protection
- Built-in tower bar
The Rio Beach Chair is a 5-position reclining chair with a flexible suspension design that conforms to the shape of your body when you sit. It only weighs 8 lbs. but it can carry a total weight capacity of 240 lbs. It’s made from high-quality 600 denier fabric that’s made to last.
2. Tommy Bahama 5-Position Classic Lay-Flat Folding Backpack Beach Chair
Best in Portability
- CUSTOMIZABLE BEACH CHAIR: Easily adjusts to 5 seating...
- UNIQUE AND FUNCTIONAL: Features a towel bar on the back of...
- DURABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT: Beach chair frame is constructed of...
- It comes with a pillow
- Made from a rust-proof aluminum frame
- Weight capacity of 250 lbs.
It’s quite a hassle to carry a chair, especially if you’re holding some other things while going to your destination. Good thing, this beach chair features adjustable backpack straps so you can carry it just like a backpack. It includes a zippered compartment where you can safely keep your valuables.
3. Strongback Low Gravity Beach Chair
Best Ergonomic Chair
- Award winning, patented, lumbar supportive design aligns...
- Spacious ergonomic seat designed to align hips and back for...
- Easy to use and lightweight - the perfect portable chair for...
- Built-in cup holder
- Made from a powder-coated steel frame and polyester fabric
- Large feet to prevent sinking in mud or sand
The Strongback Low Gravity Beach Chair delivers comfort through its patented frame-integrated lumbar support technology. This helps improve posture even for long hours of sitting. It may be bulky, but it comes with a backpack-style carry bag for easy transport.
4. King Camp Low Sling Beach Chair
- DURABLE AND WEIGHT CAPACITY: SUPPORTS UP TO 300 LBS. Heavy...
- WIDE AND LOW SEAT: Seat width 23.2 inches, KingCamp Beach...
- UNIQUE AND FUNCTIONAL: Features a cup holder on the right...
- Supports 300 lbs. Weight capacity
- Carry bag included
- Anti-skid foot bars to keep chairs stable
This versatile reclining chair is one of the best chairs for beach trips (especially if you need a comfy chair when learning how to fish from the beach) and other recreational activities. It’s made to have a low-profile chair that has a low-seat configuration to boost comfort.
If your back and legs get quickly numb when you’re in the sitting position for long hours, this King Camp Beach Chair is the best option for you. It features a wide seat design, padded armrest, and breathable mesh backrest.
5. Ostrich Deluxe Beach Chair
- Lightweight aluminum Lounger with breathable quick-dry...
- Bring it to the beach, pool, or lakeside - or simply keep it...
- Patented open/close face cavity with arm slots and pillow
- Equipped with a breathable quick-dry fabric
- Holds up to 275 lbs.
- Breathable quick-dry fabric
- Built-in lumbar pillow
The Ostrich Beach Chair has a dual purpose. Aside from being a chair, it can be reclined to a fully flat position to make it into a beach bed perfect for those who love sunbathing.
It has a four-position recline and three adjustable footrest positions that sit 12 inches off the ground. This beach chair is made from heavy-duty polyester on a rust-proof heavy-duty frame.
6. Coleman Camping Chair with Built-in 4 Can Cooler
Best Folding Beach Chair
- Camping chair combines a cOuncey design with a convenient...
- Built in 4 can cooler pouch keeps cold drinks within reach
- Fully cushioned seat and back provide support and comfort
- Fully cushion seat and back
- Comes with an insulated pouch
- Four color choices to choose from
This Coleman Chair is equipped with functional features such as its built-in cooler, a storage pouch, and mesh cup holder that can hold up to four canned beverages.
No matter your size, you’ll definitely be comfortable sitting on it with its 24 inches seat and a sitting height of about 18.1 inches. It can support up to 325 lbs. Since its collapsible, its folding design makes it easy to store and transport.
7. Alpha Camp Chairs with Shade Canopy
Best in Design
- 🌞Sun Protection: Use the canopy in the up position for...
- 👀Focus on Details: Extra supporting tubes on the bottom...
- 👌High Grade Material: Anti- rust hammer tone powder...
- Extra supporting leg tubes
- Utilizes anti- rust hammer tone powder coating
- Made from oxford cloth
Too much sun exposure isn’t good for the skin and eyes due to the harmful UV rays. Good thing, Alpha Camp Chairs features an adjustable canopy shade that delivers up to UPF 50 sun protection.
It has a functional armrest because the other side has a cup holder. In contrast, the other side is equipped with a polyester mesh pocket for your valuables.
8. Picnic Time Fusion Folding Chair
Best in Storage
- THE PERFECT OUTDOOR CHAIR - Our original design, folding...
- COMFORT IS KEY - Features comfy ribbed padded 19-1/2 inch...
- LOADED WITH FEATURES - Fold-out side table with expandable...
- Multiple pockets
- Comes with an insulated cooler bag
- Side-mounted straps for easy carrying
If you’re a camper who brings a lot of stuff, this picnic fusion folding chair is the best beach chair. It’s equipped with two large storage pockets where you can keep your food, drink, and other things essential to your trip.
It has a convenient fold-out table with two-tiered accordion shelves below. It may not have a canopy. It has two fabric loops where you can attach an umbrella or a sports banner.
9. GCI Outdoor Waterside Pod Rocker Collapsible Rocking Chair
Best Portable Rocking Chair
- Outdoor Rocking Chair: Featuring a structured sling-style...
- Quality Construction: Constructed from sturdy powder-coated...
- Smooth Rocking: Folding chairs for outside with patented...
- Rotatable UPF50 sunshade
- Comes with a large mouth carrying bag
- Cool padded armrest with a beverage holder at the end
This collapsible rocking chair has a sling-style structure that uses the Spring Action Rocking Technology for smooth rocking on any surface.
This easy folding chair features a padded armrest, a mesh fabric backrest, a cup holder, and a carry handle. It’s designed to hold 250 lbs. weight.
10. West marine 4-Piece Ultra Light Picnic Chair and Table Set
Best Portable Picnic Set
- Watertight, insulated compartment
- Non-marking and non-skid feet
- Made from mildew-resistant and UV fade-resistant material
West marine table set and picnic chair include a table, two chairs, and a built-in cooler. It comes with a backpack with fully cushioned adjustable straps that can fit all these four-piece sets for easy transportation.
The table and chairs have reflective tape into the seams, so it’s still visible even in low light conditions. Each chair has built-in cup holders and has a maximum weight capacity of up to 250 lbs.
- Breathable fabric
- Narrow base footprint
- Effortless setup that can be done in seconds
This ultralight portable folding chair is a quality beach chair made from a lightweight aluminum frame that you can trust for strength and longevity.
If you have to walk long distances, this is the perfect beach chair for you because it only weighs 905g, including the backpack. It may not have an armrest, but you can comfortably tuck in your elbows.
What Should I Look For When Buying a Beach Chair
Before you purchase a beach chair, the price tag isn’t the only factor to consider. It’s more important to focus on the quality and good-to-have features that it offers. Here are some of the factors to consider in searching for a chair for your beach trip.
Where the beach chairs are made from is one of the factors that determine their durability. Beach chairs that have a frame made from steel, aluminum, hardwood, or hard plastic are the ones that you can trust when it comes to durability.
If you invest in a durable chair, you can use it for a long time to get your money’s worth.
The overall weight capacity of most portable beach chairs can only hold one person and an additional capacity for its storage and other features.
If you’re not the only one who’ll use it, make sure to choose a beach chair with a maximum weight capacity of at least 250 lbs and above. This way, it also caters to other users’ sizes and weight.
A beach chair with sun protection is an essential feature, like a canopy shade with UPF50 that serves as UV protection while under the sun.
If you know you’re sun-protected while on the beach, you don’t have to worry about the harmful effects that your body may suffer in the long run.
One of the reasons why you’re taking a chair to the beach is to ensure that you’ll be relaxed while enjoying the view.
Not all have complete features to boost comfortability. Still, other beach chairs enhance it, such as different reclining positions, mesh-type backrest, padded armrest, and an adjustable headrest.
Foldable or Not?
Since you’re taking it to places, it’s more convenient to find one that’s foldable for portability.
Foldable beach chairs aren’t only easy to carry around, but you won’t have problems storing them when not in use.
Beach chairs are a worth-it beach gear that’s worth it to take in your outdoor activity. With many choices in the market, make sure that it’s comfortable, portable, durable, and equipped with convenient features to fully enjoy your beach vacation.
The Anglers Behind This Article: