A world underwater is a magical place, and the best scuba dive masks will help you see the beauty and wonder of what’s beneath the surface.
Here are the best scuba dive masks to give you a clear and better view of your dive.
Listen to more tips on the Cast & Spear Podcast
9 Best Scuba Dive Masks Reviewed for 2021
1. Scubapro Synergy Twin Trufit Scuba Diving Mask
Dive Mask for Big Nose
- Trufit Technology can be identified by its unique ribbing...
- The silicone contouring the face is thinner, giving a softer...
- The silicone is thicker and firmer, with a matte finish near...
Scubapro Synergy boasts a high-quality product that underwent testing by divers to make improvements before releasing them to the market. The mask features a unique ribbing texture and smoothness brought by the new generation Trufit skirt.
The mask skirt has thicker and firmer silicone near the mask frame for good support and rigidity. The silicone contouring the face shapes comes in a thinner design to ensure it has a comfortable fit on your face in a watertight seal. Scubapro Synergy also has a dual-lens mask for an ultra-clear field of view.
Convenience is another factor as this has an easy to use mask strap and buckle system. Plus, you can pack it easily as you can fold the mask flat. This mask makes most of your diving experience a premium and an unforgettable one as it allows you to be in synergism with the water.
2. Aqualung Technika
Dive Mask for Big Nose
- Shock-absorbing techno-polymer frame stands up to abuse on...
- Stainless steel AISI 304 bolts and screws deliver incredible...
- Mask skirt and buckles fold flat, making the Teknika easy to...
The diving mask from Aqualung boasts a shock-absorbing techno-polymer frame that can keep up with your time underwater. It has stainless steel bolts and screws for maximum strength and is resistant to corrosion during saltwater exposure.
Aqualung Teknika is a convenient product to add to your arsenal as it is an easy carry mask that can serve as your primary or back-up mask. Even if you plan for a rigorous scuba diving trip, the diving mask has dual lenses that give you rugged durability and high-quality strength.
Long drives are no problem for your eyes as this product gives you an excellent field of view of the underwater world and a dark skirt that eliminates distracting light.
The wide headpiece on a silicone strap fits the head comfortably and allows the facial skirt to flex and naturally mold with the facial contours to avoid water leaking.
3. Tusa Freedom HD
Dive Mask for Large Face/ Head
- Incredibly wide field of view
- 180 degrees Rotational Buckle System
- Large frame with minimal internal volume
The Freedom Hd scuba mask from Tusa comes with a single lens design for a wider field of vision underwater. It has a 180-degree rotational buckle system, allowing it to fit many facial sizes while being low profile.
The large frame offers minimal internal volume and a round-edge skirt. The five-position strap angle adjuster allows some micro-adjustment to the mask.
4. Hollis M1
Scuba Mask for Those With Facial Hair
- Frameless 100% pure silicon skirt
- Saint-Gobain Diamant - Crystal Clear Lens
- Wide vision and low volume
Hollis M1 has a frameless design with a 100% pure silicone skirt. Its lens offers a crystal clear optical quality and broad vision with low volume—water entry in your mask when scuba diving is not a problem with its completely dry top snorkel.
The mask has a large exhaust and purge valve, which makes clearing the water easy to do. In low light conditions, color and visibility are improved with the mask’s low iron content, which produces higher light transmittance and reduces green tint.
5. Mares X-vision
Dive Mask for Small Face
- New bi-silicone skirt contoured for enhanced fit and comfort
- Low drag design
- Small ribs around nose to relieve pressure
Mares X-vision has a new bi-silicone skirt for better fit and comfort for scuba divers. It has a low drag design and small ribs around your nose to relieve pressure when diving. The mirrored gold lens enhances visibility in cloudy waters, and the mirrored silver lens reduces the reflection of shallow water or sandy seabed, giving you a better field of version.
6. Cressi Nano
- Innovative mask for scuba diving and advanced freediving,...
- It is the mask on the market with the lowest internal volume...
- The Patented Integrated Dual Frame Technology consists of...
The Cressi Nano innovates scuba diving with its hydrodynamic and compact diving mask. This mask has a low internal volume of 12.86 in1 / 82cm2, which is best for free and scuba divers.
The virtually indestructible buckle system design makes the mask completely flexible with two rigid frames, reducing the internal volume. The tear-drop lenses improve downward visibility underwater.
7. Cressi Lince Mask
- The Lince mask is one of the adult used masks in the market...
- Sized for younger divers or those with narrower faces.
- Features inclined and inverted tear-drop lenses for...
Cressi Lince Mask is a suitable scuba diving mask for younger divers or those with narrow faces. It has inclined and inverted lenses, which are tear-drop to improve downward visibility. It offers a broader field of you laterally and in a lower zone.
The lenses are from tempered glass. The mask has low internal volume for easy-equalization. The skirt provides comprehensive sealing and a leak-free fit with its hypoallergenic soft silicone.
You can also adjust your headbands precisely with their micro-metric adjustable buckles.
8. Atomic Venom Frameless
Dive Mask for With Facial Hair
- Ultra-wide Panoramic-view
- Integrated Easy-Adjust Swivel Buckles
- Gummi Bear UltraSoft silicone creates an incredibly soft and...
The Atomic Venom Frameless scuba mask offers an ultra-wide panoramic view of your dive with integrated easy-adjust swivel buckles. During the dive, your comfort is ensured as this mask has an ultra-soft silicone design for a soft and fit face seal.
The model has a more rigid silicone skirt material to keep the mask in a firm position under turbulent water conditions.
Plus, it features a large single window computer-designed lens for optical quality and distortion-free dive. This maximizes peripheral vision.
9. Cressi F1 Frameless Mask one
Dive Mask for Small Face
- Frameless mask with single lens design, tempered glass lens...
- Ultra clear lens for vivid colors, soft and comfortable mask...
- Dry top design snorkel, anti-splash top, special valve seals...
One of Cressi’s mask designs is the frameless mask single lens, which has tempered glass for extra durability against underwater pressure. It has an ultra-clear lens for a more vivid view of the colors.
The low volume design features a soft and comfortable mask skirt with a push-button buckle for easy adjustments of the strap and wider field of vision.
Scuba Mask Vs. Snorkel Mask
The scuba and snorkel mask may look strikingly similar to the naked eye, but you do help you notice their technical differences in design with each dive.
The scuba dive mask is designed more differently from a snorkel mask as they are made from different materials with different buoyancy made for the specific water adventure. Scuba diving deals with much deeper water than snorkeling.
Hence, they need more quality gear to stand the pressure and environment down deep.
How to Fix Leaking Dive Mask
Essentially, a leaking scuba dive mask does not pose a significant danger to you, but losing focus during your dive does. A leaking dive mask can lead you to lose your focus as it can be quite annoying. Knowing how to prevent and fix your mask from leaking can help you loads during your scuba dive. Here are a few things to remember:
- Make sure the scuba mask fits your face shape well, and try it on before your dive
- Prepare your face: Don’t put sunscreen or moisturizer where your mask will be and if possible, shave the area.
- Make sure you tighten the strap just right as over-tightening it will cause it to leak
- Always remember to ONLY exhale through your nose when equalizing the mask; otherwise, don’t do it
- Relax your facial muscles and use small head and neck movements.
- When the mask leaks, don’t panic and take time to adjust and fix it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best dive mask?
This is a subjective question with a subjective answer. A mask that fits you well when tried and tested is the best scuba dive mask for you. But what’s best for you may not be for others.
How do you measure your face for a scuba mask?
Measuring your face for a scuba mask, especially for full-face, you want to note the distance between your nose’s bridge to the tip of your chin. If you fit for a regular scuba mask, choosing the ones that fit you comfortably allows the mask to stick or suck in to your face when inhaling a little is a good start.
The Anglers Behind This Article: