Rather than holding your rod and reel, you can place them in a rod holder to keep them nice and clean without aggravating your arms.
Top Bank Fishing Rod Holders:
- Best Spring Loaded Fishing Rod Holder: Coolnice Rod Holders for Bank Fishing
- Best Spiral Rod Holder: Berkley Spiral Fishing Rod Holder
- The Best Multiple-Rod Holder: RITE-HITE Bank Fishing Dual-Rod Holder
- Best Rod Holder with Alarm: Lixada Fishing Bite Alarm
- Best Fishing Rod Tripod Stand: KUFA SPORTS Fishing Rods Tripod Stand
If you’re handy, you can make bank rod holders for not much money. However, if you don’t have the tools or the time, there are plenty you can buy on the internet.
Let’s take a closer look at the store-bought bank rod holders before we get into how to make a DIY version.
5 Best Bank Fishing Rod Holder for 2020 Reviews
1. Coolnice Rod Holders for Bank Fishing
Best Spring Loaded Fishing Rod Holder
- Omni-directional adjustable rotary knob, loos the nut to...
- UNIVERSAL FIT: 1.5" width, enough to adapting to general...
- Tapered shape drill rod construction easily goes into mud,...
When it comes to picking rod holders bank fishing, this one is hard to beat. It’s super easy setup, and once it’s in the ground, it can support almost all spinning, casting or spin casting reels. The support U-shaped anchor works in the sand (say for a beach rod holder setup), mud, or even rock cracks.
You can even place it at various angles, depending on how your bank is sloped. This gear is one to check out for sure.
2. Berkley Spiral Fishing Rod Holder
Best Spiral Rod Holder
- Country Of Origin : China
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 1 Inches
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 1 Inches
Now, if you’re looking for something without any bells or whistles, the products you need to check out are the simple spiral rod holders. This piece of hardware is a piece of metal that’s been coiled to fit your rod, and the other end gets anchored into the ground.
If you have tools at home, this could be a design you copy for a homemade fishing rod holder.
3. RITE-HITE Bank Fishing Dual-Rod Holder
Best Multiple-Rod Holder
- Great for Bank Fishing, Lakes, Ponds and Streams
- Secure 2 Rods & Reels and a Lantern for Night Fishing
- Sturdy Steel Construction and a Rust Proof Powder-Coated...
This option is an excellent option if you’re going to be fishing around lakes, ponds, and streams. It allows you to set your rod against it, similar to if you were going to prop it up against your chair. This one keeps the rod tip high so you can see when you’re getting a bite.
Being 36 inches tall, it’ll keep your gear clean if you decide to buy two and lay your rods parallel to each other.
4. Lixada Fishing Bite Alarm
Best Rod Holder with Alarm
- Adjustable tone, volume and sensitivity to meet your needs.
- Audio and visual alerts will enable you not to miss a bite...
- 2.5mm jack socket for external products.
We got turned on to these bank alarms from the guys in the UK who like to fish for carp. You cans set your rod in the groove of the alarm, and when the fish bites, it’ll trigger the sensor and make a beep.
You’ll still want to be close to your rod because if the fish is significant, they can pull your rod out of the groove and into the water. They take a 9V battery, so make sure you have some spares.
5. KUFA SPORTS Fishing Rods Tripod Stand
Best Fishing Rod Tripod Stand
- This telescopic tripod is a practical fishing rod tripod,...
- Max Height: Approx. 43.5";Max Width: Approx. 70cm
- Material: Aluminum Alloy and ABS; Closed Length: 18"
Sometimes you want a little more flexibility in how to position your rods. Therefore a tripod stand might be your ticket since it allows you to easily adjust the three legs to exactly how you want them to be. Plus, having three legs makes it, so you don’t have to push the anchor into the ground. It’s hard to make a catfish rod stand as easy as this.
DIY Rod Holders
We always recommend that you check rod holders eBay because sometimes you’ll find good deals there.
Let’s learn how to make a fishing rod holder at home, so we don’t have to buy them. Fishing rod holders homemade generally means one crucial thing you can’t get from purchasing gear online…the ability to tailor your build to your exact needs.
You generally have two options, but build your products cheaply or go for a serious project with expensive hardware.
Here’s a good video on one that we think is crazy engineered but will likely last you forever if you take care of it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How to make fishing rod holders?
A: The easiest way to make one is to use bent metal wiring that is sturdy enough to hold your rod in place above the shore. If you have access to the PVC pipe, then you can also use that to form the holder and use metal bolts to create anchor points below. However, if you have access to severe tools, then you can make a custom holder that fits your exact reel and rod setup.
The Anglers Behind This Article: