When you’re going for monster catfish or other fish, there can be a considerable time between bites. You should use a bank fishing rod holder to keep your rods ready for the bite.
Rather than holding your rod and reel, you can place them in a rod holder to keep them nice and clean without aggravating your arms.
Top Bank Fishing Rod Holders
Here are the best bank fishing rod holders to buy today:
- Best Spring Loaded Fishing Rod Holder: Coolnice Rod Holders for Bank Fishing
- Best Spiral Rod Holder: Berkley Spiral Fishing Rod Holder
- The Best Multiple-Rod Holder: RITE-HITE Bank Fishing Dual-Rod Holder
- Best Rod Holder with Alarm: Lixada Fishing Bite Alarm
- Best Fishing Rod Tripod Stand: KUFA SPORTS Fishing Rods Tripod Stand
If you’re handy, you can make bank rod holders for not much money. However, if you don’t have the tools or the time, there are plenty you can buy on the internet.
Let’s take a closer look at the store-bought bank rod holders before we get into how to make a DIY version.
5 Best Bank Fishing Rod Holder for 2022 Reviews
Best Spring Loaded Fishing Rod Holder
- Omni-directional adjustable rotary knob, loos the nut to...
- UNIVERSAL FIT: 1.5" width, enough to adapting to general...
- Tapered shape drill rod construction easily goes into mud,...
When it comes to picking rod holders bank fishing, this one is hard to beat. It’s super easy to set up, and once it’s in the ground, it can support almost all spinning, casting, or spin casting reels. The support U-shaped anchor works in the sand (for a beach rod holder setup), mud, or even rock cracks.
Depending on how your bank is sloped, you can even place it at various angles. This gear is one to check out for sure.
Best Spiral Rod Holder
- Country Of Origin : China
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 1 Inches
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 1 Inches
Now, if you’re looking for something without any bells or whistles, the products you need to check out are the simple spiral rod holders. This piece of hardware is a piece of metal coiled to fit your rod, and the other end gets anchored into the ground.
You can copy this design for a homemade fishing rod holder if you have some tools at home.
Best Multiple-Rod Holder
- Great for Bank Fishing, Lakes, Ponds and Streams
- Secure 2 Rods & Reels and a Lantern for Night Fishing
- Sturdy Steel Construction and a Rust Proof Powder-Coated...
This option is an excellent option if you’re fishing around lakes, ponds, and streams. It allows you to set your rod against it, similar to if you were going to prop it up against your chair. This holder keeps the rod tip high to see when you’re getting a bite.
Since it’s 36 inches tall, it’ll keep your gear clean if you decide to buy two and lay your rods parallel.
Best Rod Holder with Alarm
- 🐬【ADJUSTABLE SENSITIVITY】Lixada fishing pole alarm...
- 🐬【LED LIGHTING ALARMING】High sensitivity fishing bite...
- 🐬【WATER-RESISTANT FOR FISHING】Designed to be...
This rod holder is ideal for people in the UK who like to fish for carp. You can set your rod in the groove of the alarm, and when the fish bites, it’ll trigger the sensor and make a beep.
You’ll still want to be close to your rod because if the fish is significant, they can pull your rod out of the groove and into the water. They take a 9V battery, so make sure you have some spares.
Best Fishing Rod Tripod Stand
- This telescopic tripod is a practical fishing rod tripod,...
- Max Height: Approx. 43.5";Max Width: Approx. 70cm
- Material: Aluminum Alloy and ABS; Closed Length: 18"
Sometimes you want a little more flexibility in how to position your rods. Therefore a tripod stand might be your ticket since it allows you to easily adjust the three legs to exactly how you want them to be.
Plus, having three legs makes it so you don’t have to push the anchor into the ground. This tripod can support five fishing rods simultaneously.
DIY Rod Holders
We always recommend checking rod holders on eBay because sometimes you’ll find good deals there.
Let’s learn how to make a fishing rod holder at home, so we don’t have to buy them. Fishing rod holders homemade generally means one crucial thing you can’t get from purchasing gear online – the ability to tailor your build to your exact needs.
You generally have two options, avoid building your products cheaply or go for a serious project with expensive hardware.
Here’s a good video on one that we think is crazy engineered but will likely last forever if you take care of it.
Frequently Asked Question
The easiest way to make one is to use bent metal wiring that is sturdy enough to hold your rod in place above the shore. If you have access to the PVC pipe, you can also use that to form the holder and use metal bolts to create anchor points below.
However, if you have access to severe tools, you can make a custom holder that fits your exact reel and rod setup.