Choosing the best gifts for bass fishermen can be difficult. Aside from looking at various products on the Internet, it’s hard to determine the things that they actually need.
Nevertheless, this should not discourage you from giving a bass angler friend some appreciation through valuable presents. It makes them feel appreciated after a long bass fishing trip.
Bass Fishing Gift Guide
There are many great fishing gifts for freshwater anglers in the market. These can be through baitcasting reels, storage and compartments for lure and baits, and attire. You should consider what your angler friend needs before purchasing a bass fishing gear as a gift.
Listed below are some perfect gifts that will be valuable for most anglers. Any of these is a great gift for your friend or yourself.
- Best High-Performance Low-Profile Angling Tool – Abu Garcia Revo MGX 20 Low-Profile Reel
- Best Budget-Friendly Angling Tool – KastKing Zephyr 1000 SFS Spinning Reel
- Best Baitcasting Gear – Shimano Curado DC Freshwater Baitcasting Reel
- Best Lure and Hook Collection for New Anglers – Tailored Tackle Bass Fishing Kit
- Best Jig Collection for Bass Fishing – BiCO Box Non-Lead Jigs Set
- Best Storage Compartment for Crankbaits – Plano Edge 3600 Terminal Tackle Storage
- Best Low Visibility Angling Line – Sunline 200-yard Super Fluorocarbon Line
- Best Comfortable Angling Attire for Bass Fishing – AFTCO Reaper Technical Fleece Hoodie
- Best Protective Eyewear for Anglers – Costa Del Mar Men’s Corbina Rectangular Sunglasses
1. Abu Garcia Revo MGX 20 Low-Profile Reel
Best High-Performance Low-Profile Angling Tool
- A lightweight and easy-to-use tool that weighs 5 oz.
- Medium gear ratio at 6.4:1, intended for faster pulling of baited fish.
- Separate Revo MGX variant available for right-handed individuals.
- Anti-reverse feature to avoid spinning the thread in a reverse direction.
The Abu Garcia Revo MGX 20 has a relatively high spool ratio of 6.4:1. This makes this angling tool highly powerful in baiting predatory fish in freshwater areas.
Buyers may be turned off by its high price tag. Still, for its increased durability and performance, the Revo MGX 20 will satisfy every freshwater bass angler out there. It makes a great pair of quality fishing rods. This is a “go-to” reel in the fishing world.
2. KastKing Zephyr 1000 SFS Spinning Reel
Best Budget-Friendly Angling Tool
- Body and rotor frame are made from graphite (carbon) fiber material for ultra-lightweight handling of the angling tool.
- Patented spin finesse spool design for smoother line casting with minimized friction.
- 7+1 stainless ball bearings for added protection and friction reduction when casting angling wires.
- Low gear ratio at 5.2:1, intended for pulling big, heavy baits with minimal effort.
The KastKing Zephyr 100 spinning reel has a stylish design and equally impressive features that will grab the attention of every catcher.
Despite having a low gear ratio, this spinner is strong enough to catch fish in freshwater areas. Its smooth mechanism allows easy use with mono and braided angling threads.
3. Shimano Curado DC Freshwater Baitcasting Reel
Best Baitcasting Gear
- Digital Control (DC) Brake feature to avoid manual control of the line using the thumb.
- High-performance angling spinner with micro-computer that checks the speed of the spool when casting.
- Advanced technological features that maximize the performance of the tool when in use.
- A separate Curado DC variant is available for left-handed and right-handed catchers.
Unlike the two reels in this list, the Shimano Curado DC is a step up. It offers more advanced technological features for the gear’s full performance as you tackle from your boat.
The Digital Control brake alone lessens the effort required to control the thread as you cast it on freshwater areas.
Another thing to mention here is that this product also has a high gear ratio of 6.2:1. This does not reach the proportion of Revo MGX 20. Yet, the Shimano Curado DC is still an excellent alternative for high-quality angling tools.
4. Tailored Tackle Bass Fishing Kit
Best Lure and Hook Collection for New Anglers
- The tackle box consists of hooks of varied designs.
- Wide range of crankbaits, jigs, swimbaits, best plastic worms for bass fishing, and new lures for freshwater fish.
- Baits, hooks, and accessories are sorted inside a transparent case.
- The package includes a 14-page quick guide on the proper use of baits in freshwater angling.
Are you looking for a great bait set for a friend? Then look no further to the Tailored Tackle Bass Fishing Kit. This is one of the best gift ideas for people about to start their freshwater angling journey.
This bait set consists of 77 items. These range from baits and lures, hooks of various shapes and sizes, and accessories such as O-rings and split rings. It also comes with a 14-page manual on freshwater angling.
5. BiCO Box Non-Lead Jigs Set
Best Jig Collection for Bass Fishing
- The package includes six 3.8 oz jigs for freshwater fishing.
- Jigs were manufactured and crafted exclusively by BiCO.
- Six colors for anglers to choose from, including Black & Blue, Chartreuse Craw, Copper Craw, Green Pumpkin, Natural Craw, and Shad.
This Non-Lead Jigs Set from BiCO contains six jigs of various colors similar to the preceding product. You don’t need to buy separate hooks, as BiCO has it covered too.
Both this one and the tailored box fall in a similar price range. This makes the latter a more practical, perfect gift for purchase. This might have to do with BiCO creating their jigs for the set.
However, if you prefer fewer lures or jigs for angling, then the BiCO Box is for you! This makes a great stocking stuffer.
6. Plano Edge 3600 Terminal Tackle Storage
Best Storage Compartment for Crankbaits
- The interior of the box has silicone fingers that secure crankbaits and hooks.
- The Rustrictor rust-resistant feature in the base prevents the tube from corrosion.
- Dri-Loc watertight seal that prevents water from entering the storage box.
- The box allows easy opening through a big-sized latch.
What if your friend has many crankbaits but doesn’t have a proper container for them? In this case, buying them the Plano Edge 3600 Terminal Tackle Storage should be the answer to their problems.
Aside from the silicone compartments for crankbaits and hooks, the box is protected with features against rusting and water immersion.
7. Sunline 200-yard Super Fluorocarbon Line
Best Low Visibility Angling Line
- High abrasion resistance prevents the thread from wearing quickly.
- The uniform thread measurement is 16 Lb. / 0.18 mm; intended for strong casting at freshwater areas.
- Angling thread made from fluorocarbon, allowing low visibility underwater.
This 200-yard Angling Line from Japan-based Sunline is made from fluorocarbon material. This is not as strong as monofilaments, especially in heavy baits and aggressive fishes.
However, it doesn’t wear quickly over time due to its high abrasion resistance. Its low visibility when submerged underwater is also beneficial in catching freshwater fish on your next fishing trip.
8. AFTCO Reaper Technical Fleece Hoodie
Best Comfortable Angling Attire for Bass Fishing
- Available in eight color variants for wearers to choose from.
- Fabric made from fleece (polyester), preferable for wet environments, including angling.
- Built-in hoodie and facemask for added outdoor protection.
- Technical designs to provide proper air ventilation to the wearer.
The ideal angling attire should protect the wearer from the intense heat and the coldness in bodies of water, especially when ice fishing. In this case, the AFTCO Reaper Technical Fleece Hoodie covers the necessary aspects of perfect angling clothing.
This jacket has water-resistant properties and can provide warmth for the wearer as it is made from fleece. The hoodie and facemask integrated into the design also add to its style that you’ll want to bring it to every fishing trip to stay warm.
9. Costa Del Mar Men’s Corbina Rectangular Sunglasses
Best Protective Eyewear for Anglers
- The lens of sunglasses has a UV-protection coating, preventing exposure to ultraviolet rays on the eyes.
- Plastic frame and lens for the flexible wearing of sunglasses.
- The scratch-resistant lens through multi-layer mirrored film coating.
Every angling enthusiast should protect their eyes from intense sunlight during fishing trips. It will not help, especially in scanning the waters from your boat.
These rectangular fishing sunglasses from Costa Del Mar serve as the best protective eyewear against UV rays. Distractions from scratches will also be avoidable through a layered film coating in the lens. It’s a great stocking stuffer.
Choosing the Ideal Presents for Bass Fishing
As enumerated in this fishing gifts list, the best presents for bass fishermen should be valuable and used for bass fishing. Novelty fishing gifts are fun to give to a fishing enthusiast, but they appreciate meaningful offerings such as reels, jigs, compartments, and attire, especially highly rated products in the fishing world.
Not only would these show care and appreciation for them, but these also entail our understanding of their work.
Nevertheless, the best fishing gifts for every fisherman are items that provide them with ease in their hobby or work. You can even get the bass fishermen in your life a mystery tackle box.
Whether it is an expensive piece of equipment or cheap clothing, the fact that you give such items means a lot to them. In the end, it’s the thought behind these fishing gifts that counts.
If you’re looking for fly fishing gifts, check out our best fly fishing gifts guide. From fishing pliers, fishing waders, rubber boots, digital scale, life jackets, and tackle boxes, you’ll find the perfect fly fishing gift for your favorite angler.