You can never have too many deep cycle marine batteries, right? Especially when you only have enough space in your boat.
With infinite options, we’re here to help you choose the best marine batteries that suit your needs. So, here is the list of the best marine deep cycle battery you can find on the market this 2023.
Our Top Picks
4 Best Marine Deep Cycle Battery
- Best Overall Deep Cycle Battery – Optima OPT8016-103 Deep Cycle Marine Battery
- Best Dual Purpose Deep Cycle Marine Battery – Odyssey 31M-PC2150ST-M Trolling Thunder Marine Dual Purpose Battery
- Best Lightweight Deep Cycle Marine Battery for Trolling Motors – Lithium Pros TM3190 LiFePO4 Powerpack Battery
- Best Lead-Calcium Marine Battery – West Marine 6V Deep Cycle Flooded Marine Battery
1. Optima OPT8016-103 Deep Cycle Marine Battery
Best Overall Deep Cycle Battery
- It has an optimal starting power even in bad weather
- It can be mounted in any position, virtually
- This can be used as a boat battery or RV battery
- Reserve capacity of 120 minutes for a constant performance
- Fifteen times more resistant to vibration for durable performance and design
These Optima batteries are good even during bad weather. It has a mighty starting power that is ideal for marine motors. It can also withstand a colder temperature.
It also has a suitable resistance casing. This is the cheapest marine battery on this list, making it one of the best marine batteries.
2. Odyssey 31M-PC2150ST-M Trolling Thunder Marine Dual Purpose Battery
Best Dual Purpose Deep Cycle Marine Battery
- It has a 70% longer cycle life compared to deep cycle batteries
- Can uphold up to 400 cycles, a high stable voltage for more extended periods
- Made of lead-acid battery and Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM)
- Has highest recharge efficiency, capable of 100% recharge in 4-6 hours
- Vibration resistance-designed against high impact shock and mechanical vibration
The same thing with the Optima brand, Odyssey Trolling Thunder Marine is an excellent marine battery. It offers total dual power and triples the life cycle of the battery.
Although this model is slightly more expensive than the first, it generates and reserves capacity with a high stable voltage for an extended period. It is also capable of extreme temperature, making it a good starting battery.
3. Lithium Pros TM3190 LiFePO4 Powerpack Battery
Best Lightweight Deep Cycle Marine Battery for Trolling Motors
- It has a lithium-ion battery made of lead-acid batteries
- Features an internal battery management system for auto-balance of cell and long life
- Made for trolling motor and other marine applications
- It is fast recharge, superior charge efficiency, weight reduction, and cycles with reserve
Lithium Powerpack Battery is a series of the said brand. It is ultra-lightweight, weighing only 27-pound batteries. You can use it for 207 reserve minutes of energy, which is the same energy as typical AGM batteries.
This trolling motor battery brand and model is the most expensive on the list.
4. West Marine 6V Deep Cycle Flooded Marine Battery
Best Lead-Calcium Marine Battery
- Has battery made of lead-calcium and to house bank 12V and 24V
- Handles power drains, and those other batteries cannot handle
- It can serve as an emergency start battery if CCA specifications match the boat engine
- Low current resistance separators to improve current flow for faster starts
- Enhanced durability design to withstand the wear of extended cycling service
This is the best marine battery that uses lead-calcium in the country. Lead-calcium batteries deliver more power per pound than other dual-purpose batteries.
You can recycle the ingredients used in the battery, and these batteries are great for your boat and environment.
Types of Marine Battery
Marine Starting Battery
This battery is designed to start a boat’s engine, providing a quick burst of power. An onboard alternator rapidly recharges the battery.
Nonetheless, this marine starting battery is not suitable for starting your appliances or troll motors. If you’re planning for a battery that can start even your machines and troll motors, this is not the type of battery.
Marine Deep Cycle Battery
These marine batteries are ideal for powering onboard accessories like fish locators, windlass, audio systems, thrusters, depth finders, and more.
These discharge slowly over a long period. However, it goes through hundreds of charging and discharging cycles.
So, don’t use these marine batteries to power your boat’s engine.
Marine Dual-Purpose Battery
Having one battery to power your boat and all appliances can take up a lot of space. A space-saving battery is the best starter battery and combines the performance of deep cycling and starting batteries.
It is a dual-purpose battery that will not provide a high-quality version of either starting or deep cycling batteries separately. This is the type of versatile marine battery.
Marine Battery Maintenance Tips
It is essential to know how to maintain batteries, regardless of their type. Most batteries have high protection standards. It only requires you to check and clean the outside for dirt, dust, or moisture.
Always remember that you need to have a higher amount of voltages. Use only a lower amount of voltages when charging in colder temperatures.
The most important thing to keep in mind is maintaining batteries, especially if it is more than one battery. Store your battery in a cold place with no moisture and away from other factors that can damage it.
A temperature above 35 Celsius can damage it. Also, lower temperatures reaching under 10 Celsius can damage it.
Most deep cycle batteries don’t usually require high levels of maintenance. But checking it from time to time might help preserve their life span and efficiency.
Choosing the Best Marine Deep Cycle Battery
You can pick plenty of batteries on the market, but choose the best reserve capacity you need to use. Before heading out to your local battery store, you need to know it before buying it.
After learning all of this, you better understand their capacities, quality, and how they work.
This article will surely help you pick the best marine deep cycle battery that would suit your needs. Choosing the best one will guarantee you the best fishing outing experience that you can have!