Tandem angling is an excellent way to spend time with your family and friends. First, however, you’re going to need a good tandem fishing kayak that’s not only worth your money but is durable, too.
You can choose from a lot of options, including paddle-powered and sit-inside fishing kayaks. Not only that, but there are also ones that offer storage solutions and other helpful features. Of course, the best fishing kayak for you is the one that suits your budget, preferences, and needs.
In this article, we’ll discuss the best tandem fishing kayak that you can purchase. If you want to know what tandem kayak you should be looking for, keep reading.
What Should I Look for When Buying the Best Tandem Fishing Kayak?
As anglers, we need to consider different things before purchasing our gear. So, before buying your first two-person kayak, here are the fishing kayak features you have to look out for.
Going on an angling trip means that you’re going to spend hours on your back. Make sure that your seats are comfortable and adjustable. It’s also best if the seats support your lower back and hips.
Look for tandem fishing kayaks that you can use in multiple bodies of water. It’s also beneficial if the tandem kayak has removable mounts and seats for solo trips. You may also look for ones with a bungee tie-down system and fishing holes for convenience.
Want to fish comfortably with your fishing buddy? Having multiple holders can be helpful. These allow you to set up rods simultaneously, so you can also catch more fish. So, look for a combination of flush-mounted and adjustable rod holders so you can get a comfortable angle.
Length and Width
Choose the dimensions of your tandem kayak based on what you’re good at. Go for shorter ones if you’re a beginner. If you’re a professional, longboats are for you because you can easily control them in shaky waters.
Best Tandem Fishing Kayaks for 2023
Are you looking for a tandem kayak for your next fishing trip? We’re here to give our tandem fishing kayak reviews. Below are our best fishing kayaks for the money for 2023!
- Best Pedal-Powered Tandem Kayak for Adventurous Anglers –BKC PK14 Tandem Pedal Drive Kayak
- Best Paddle-Driven Kayak for All Anglers-Lifetime 10 Foot, Two Person Tandem Fishing Kayak with Paddles
- Best 2-Person Kayak for Intermediate Anglers-Sevylor Coleman Colorado 2-Person Fishing Kayak
- Best Inflatable Kayak for Beginners –Elkton Outdoors Cormorant 2 Person Tandem Inflatable Kayak
- Best Value for Money for Professional Anglers-Intex Excursion Pro Kayak, Professional Series Inflatable Fishing Kayak
- Best Tandem Kayaks for First-time Anglers-Sea Eagle 420X Inflatable Explorer Tandem Kayaks
1. BKC PK14 Tandem Pedal Drive Kayak
Best Pedal-Powered Tandem Kayak for Adventurous Anglers
- THE PERFECT KAYAK FOR OUTDOOR FUN: Our Brooklyn Kayak…
- FULLY LOADED ACCESSORIES: Our kayak comes equipped with 2…
- DUAL PEDAL DRIVE SYSTEM: Get your tandem kayak moving faster…
- The perfect double tandem kayak for hands-free kayak fishing trips in the lake, river, or ocean
- Features accessories, three flush mount rod holders, and a large storage capacity
- Made with Roto-molded polyethylene material for stability
- Dual pedal-driven propeller system for faster and controlled movement
The BKC PK14 Tandem Pedal Drive Kayak is perfect for anglers who want outdoor fun. It’s powered by pedals but can also be hand-operated using its rudder. Additionally, this tandem kayak comes with hefty accessories, like paddle parks and aluminum paddles.
Another great feature of this Brooklyn Kayak Company two-person fishing kayak is its ergonomic seats. They’re made with aluminum for durable ocean kayak seats. Lastly, the BKC PK14 is best for you if you’re looking for a heavy-duty kayak, as it can carry up to 670 lbs. of weight.
2. Lifetime 10 Foot, Two Person Tandem Fishing Kayak with Paddles
Best Paddle-Driven Kayak for All Anglers
- Blow molded from High Density Polyethylene for superior…
- Designed to seat up to 3 people; 500 lb. weight capacity
- Hull design provides ultra stability and great…
- Comes with two kayak paddles and three fishing rod holders
- 2-seater kayak with multiple footrest positions
- Made with high-density and durable polyethylene materials
- Includes rear waterproof storage hatches for convenient storage
The Lifetime Tandem Kayak is another great fishing gear to add to the collection of all types of anglers. The kayak is 10 feet long, allowing you to move in the kayak freely. It also has great storage solutions, especially if you like going on solo trips.
In addition, the Lifetime Tandem Kayak is designed for solo and tandem angling trips. However, while it’s designed to be stable, it only has a weight capacity of 500 lbs. So if you’re looking for a quality tandem kayak with a higher maximum weight capacity, this one’s not for you.
3. Sevylor Coleman Colorado 2-Person Fishing Kayak
Best 2-Person Kayak for Intermediate Anglers
- 18-gauge PVC construction is rugged for lake use
- 1000D tarpaulin bottom and 840D nylon cover provide durable…
- Multiple air chambers allow another chamber to stay inflated…
- NMMA-certified and made with 18-gauge PVC construction-grade material
- Has a 1000D tarpaulin base and an 840D nylon covering for enhanced protection from punctures
- Features the Sevylor trolling motor for smooth trips
If you’re looking for an inflatable tandem fishing kayak, the Coleman Colorado is for you. It’s known for its multiple air chambers, which keep it inflated even if one gets punctured. Additionally, it’s also a great option if you want durable inflatable kayaks, as it has an airtight system. This guarantees that your kayak stays leak-free.
Besides these, the Coleman Kayak is also great for anglers who want to go hands-free. It also holds your fishing rod and is powered by an electric motor for a new angling experience. Additionally, its seats are adjustable, so it’s one of the best inflatable fishing kayak for comfort.
4. Elkton Outdoors Cormorant 2-Person Tandem Inflatable Kayak
Best Inflatable Kayak for Beginners
- INFLATES QUICKLY- The Elkton Outdoors Inflatable 2 Person…
- RUGGED & DURABLE- Elkton Outdoors tandem fishing kayak is…
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED- Includes all the fishing kayak…
- Fast inflation technology for convenient fishing
- Made with 18-gauge rip-resistant 1000D PVC material for strength and longevity
- Equipped with rod holder and adjustable seats for convenience and comfort
- Has a storage compartment made with mesh that’s perfect for wet clothes
Another inflatable fishing yak is the Elkton Outdoors Cormorant. It’s famous for its quick-inflation technology, which fully inflates it in as fast as two minutes. Also, it’s equipped with adjustable padded seats with a gell interior. The materials of the Elkton Outdoors Cormorant also guarantee that it’s safe and leak-free.
If you’re looking for add-on accessories, this tandem kayak is also a great option. It comes with adjustable seats, six holders, oars, and more! Not only that, but it’s also known for its lightweight and compact design, making it easy to store. Another awesome feature is its removable air chambers that let you make quick repairs and adjustments.
5. Intex Excursion Pro Kayak, Professional Series Inflatable Fishing Kayak
Best Value for Money for Professional Anglers
- Super tough laminate PVC with polyester core: Light weight…
- High pressure inflation provides extra rigidity and…
- Includes 2 removable skegs for deep and shallow water, 2…
- Includes plenty of accessories, including removable skews
- Made with 3-ply high-density PVC material, which makes it abrasion- and impact-resistant
- Has high-pressure spring valves for fast deflation
- Equipped with a PVC-material polyester core making it damage-resistant
If you have the budget and are looking for your top tandem fishing kayak, the Intex Excursion Pro is for you. This recreational kayak is renowned for its durable and high-quality materials.
It also features a hefty storage space that acts like tackle box, allowing you to store additional fishing gear. In addition, it’s also packed with a mounting bracket for extra accessories, like a kayak fish finder.
You also don’t have to worry about an uncomfortable stern seat because the Intex Excursion Pro has adjustable ones. It also comes with a removable seat bolster and footrests! The downside to the Intex Excursion Pro is its weight capacity of 400 lbs. If you’re looking for something higher, you better look for other options.
6. Sea Eagle 420X Inflatable Explorer Tandem Kayaks
Best Tandem Kayaks for First-time Anglers
- Made 1000D reinforced PVC material with a quadruple overlap seam and inflatable i-beam base
- NMMA-certified with high-capacity drain and one-way valves
- Comes with accessories, including an easy-to-use repair kit
- Equipped with removable seats for solo fishing trips
The Sea Eagle 420X is a paddle-powered tandem kayak that’s perfect if it’s your first angling trip. It’s designed to be paddled solo but can easily board two anglers at once. Additionally, it’s also famous for its rope-laced spray skirts, which have water guards to keep you dry.
Another great feature of the Sea Eagle 420X is its shock-absorbing adjustable seats. You can also get high-back seats if you like. Not only that, but it’s lightweight and durable, too!
Tandem kayaks are a great addition to your fishing gear collection. We recommend the top tandem fishing kayaks on the list, so get your hands on one if you can! Not only that.
You can also check out the Ocean Kayak Malibu and the Hobie Mirage Pro Angler if you’re looking for more options. Whatever tandem kayak you end up buying, make sure that it fits your preferences for the best fishing experience.