With a spot-lock trolling motor, you can enjoy fishing without the hassle. You can easily position yourself on your spot with just a push button.
Moreover, a spot lock trolling motor is essential for any angler. It can be quite a game-changer when fishing in remote areas. Therefore, it is essential to have a reliable and robust trolling motor to ensure that you are always on target.
Your next fishing trip is now as simple as pressing a button. Have your anchor set up and ready to go, don’t worry about re-positioning the boat again.
If you’re looking to buy the best spot lock trolling motor, you’ve come to the right place. This list includes products from a famous trolling motor company like Minn Kota.
Here are the best spot lock trolling motors in the market this year.
Best Spot-Lock Trolling Motors
- Most Responsive Trolling Motor – Minn Kota Ultrex Freshwater Bow-Mount Motor
- Best Ultra-Quiet Trolling Motor – Lowrance Ghost – Freshwater Trolling Motor
- Most Affordable Wireless Trolling Motor – MotorGuide Xi3 Trolling Motor
- Best Wireless Trolling Motor – MotorGuide Xi5 Wireless Trolling Motor
- Best Freshwater Trolling Motors – Minn Kota Terrova Freshwater Bow-Mount Trolling Motor
1. Minn Kota Ultrex Freshwater Bow-Mount Motor
Most Responsive Trolling Motor
- 45-inch shaft length that weighs 112 pounds of thrust
- i-Pilot Link allows you to control your motor remotely
- GPS to record paths, lock destinations, and control speed with Spot-Lock
- Minn Kota Next-generation power steering foot pedal for precise control
Minn Kota trolling motors offer the Ultrex trolling motor. It is a step ahead of all other trolling motors.
The advanced steering technology uses spot-lock technology to maintain the speed and steering angle of the trolling motor, even if you’re on a boat that’s not perfectly level.
It’s easy to use and intuitive. Furthermore, Minn Kota included an i-Pilot Link GPS that allows you to control your motor from the touchscreen i-Pilot remote.
2. Lowrance Ghost – Freshwater Trolling Motor
Best Ultra-Quiet Trolling Motor
- Instant and smooth fly-by-wire steering control
- HDI nose cone transducer for a high-level performance
- The 360-degree breakaway mount is designed to absorb impact
- Ghost multi-function pedals are configured to suit your preferences
Lowrance Ghost is one of the most trolling motors on the market. It is Engineered to give anglers unprecedented power and durability. Designed with a quiet, durable motor that will sit quietly in your boat.
There’s no need for an added sound deadener. Furthermore, this bow mount trolling motor is complete with Lowrance electronics and lift assist.
3. MotorGuide Xi3
Most Affordable Wireless Trolling Motor
- Wireless remote for the precise operation of the motor
- Features an easy-to-read LED dashboard to check functions’ status
- With an efficient motor that provides best-in-class quiet operation
- 48-inch composite shaft freshwater motor delivers 54 pounds of peak thrust
Xi3 is a revolution in the marine and trolling motor industry. This powerful trolling motor offers superior performance and better efficiency without sacrificing user convenience and safety.
Moreover, its integrated wireless technology can save you time and money – from searching for your next fishing spot or charting your trip. Unlike other motors, this includes a universal sonar.
4. MotorGuide Xi5 Wireless
Best Wireless Trolling Motor
- Wireless pedal providing outstanding motor control
- An extremely quiet Pro-style heel-toe operation control
- LED lights in the controller that checks the status of functions
- Digital variable speed control enables an exceptional low-speed trolling capability
The Xi5 has a quiet motor and a 50% faster steering rotation than other trolling motor models, allowing you to steer more quickly and accurately.
Moreover, it features a Universal Sonar and a Standard pinpoint GPS that assists in anchoring, jogging, speed control, etc. This is the perfect combination of features for anyone who needs navigation on the water.
5. Minn Kota Terrova Freshwater Bow-Mount Trolling Motor
Best Freshwater Trolling Motors
- Features an easy-to-deploy system for an effortless slide
- A low-profile electric pedal that offers two steering options
- GPS for locking onto fishing spots with Spot-Lock to record paths
- With a 54-inch shaft length and 55 pounds of thrust
The Minn Kota Terrova is the perfect choice for your trolling motor needs.
Moreover, Minn Kota designed this to last a lifetime and includes a durable bow-mounted, electric-steer design that offers the power you demand while maintaining a sleek, streamlined profile.
Furthermore, this Minn Kota Terrova has a universal sonar and lift assist for easier stowing. It also includes Spot-Lock for a precise GPS anchor and toggleable autopilot. It’s one of the best Minn Kota trolling motors you can buy today.
How Spot-Lock Trolling Motors Work
A spot-lock saltwater trolling motor is an innovation when it comes to fishing. It made saltwater fishing easy and fun.
In the past, GPS features were only for a small number of units. But now that it is being popularized, companies have also considered GPS technology to help anglers in their outing by improving boat control.
How to Activate the Spot-Lock
Pushing the button on the remote or using the pedal will activate the Spot-Lock. It’s that simple.
An Electric Anchor Lock Trolling Motor
By putting it in motion, it will hold a boat’s position. The spot lock acts as an anchor. This can withstand whatever the current or wind conditions are. Generally, the selected position is based on a GPS coordinate.
After you pick a location, the head of the spot lock trolling motor will change the speed and direction of the boat. Furthermore, it will do the work with the help of an i-Pilot.
A Spot-lock has various functions depending on the situation. For example, if you’ve hooked up a big one, by activating Spot-Lock, you’ll be able to hold the position of the boat while trying to bring your catch onboard.
Furthermore, this can be useful if you spot a school of fish and want to stay within reach to cast your different kinds of bait. Don’t worry. You won’t need to drop a natural anchor to stay in one place.
With spot-lock, you’ll stay still for as long as you need.
Record-a-Track Optimizes Soft-Lock
Optimize the function of your spot-lock and i-Pilot with Record-a-Track. It is another feature of a Minn Kota trolling motor. This will allow you to record a specific boat path.
Once you’ve decided on your boat path, the trolling motor will move the boat back and forth over the same route. Moreover, you can save six pre-recorded paths to visit your saved location again.
Furthermore, it allows you to focus on catching your desired fish rather than controlling your boat.
The best trolling motors are designed for maximum efficiency, performance, and durability. Whether you’re looking for a new trolling motor or a replacement one, this list has the most popular options.
It is also worth mentioning that Minn Kota has other great models not on this list, like the Minn Kota Fortrex and the Minn Kota Ulterra, which feature auto stow.
Keep in mind that other spot lock trolling motors offer powerful cable steering, multi-function foot pedal, wireless foot pedal, and many more. So, knowing all the features before buying is vital.